Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What must Rex Ryan be thinking?

amfootball

So the Jets get Antonio Cro back and now have the same tandem that Rex Ryan had from his days with the Jets. I wonder what he must be thinking as he watches this Jets GM do all the moves that he had wanted last year that ultimately got him fired with a 4 win season ...

So the Jets get Antonio Cro back and now have the same tandem that Rex Ryan had from his days with the Jets. I wonder what he must be thinking as he watches this Jets GM do all the moves that he had wanted last year that ultimately got him fired with a 4 win season ...

Yeah...I don't have anymore likes but that has to eat at him. He likely keeps his job if he has that tandem and NE has no Revis last year. They weren't a good team but if you give Rex that team this year...with Marshall, Decker, Powell, game manager qb like Fitz...and that defense...yeah he is a 10-6 team easy. Guy is a players coach...he can coach defense...no doubt about it...give him an offense that won't lose it for him and the pieces he asks for on defense....he can win games.

Yeah, the Bills and Fins especially will be challenged with their QB play to put up points on the Jets at all. No where to run or throw.

That division is the new black and blue division...they will beat up on each other and the only team with a qb will still come out on top. NE is the only playoff team and the rest go 8-8. Tom is the difference maker there. Put him on ANY of those teams and they would be instant SB contenders.

That division is the new black and blue division...they will beat up on each other and the only team with a qb will still come out on top. NE is the only playoff team and the rest go 8-8. Tom is the difference maker there. Put him on ANY of those teams and they would be instant SB contenders.

Yeah. The defenses are legit. They will beat each other up all year.  I am happy for the Pats to have such stiff competition defensively as I really believe that was one of the big reasons the Pats won the SB last year. They were battle tested in the division as those defenses gave them a better game than Seattle.

LolWut!.gif

God, I wish Seattle had run the ball in...

yeah...and to have two injured safeties, corner, and starting wr coming in....then lose that key nickel corner and one of their best pass rushers during the game.....that wasn't the same defense they had last year for sure....and it's getting weaker....but gotta give Tom credit for stepping up big in the big moment...he always has...but I wouldn't say the east battle tested them....15 years and 5 sbs and 9 championship games had them battle tested...for the two most important guys...Tom and Bill.

Honestly, the Bills are still light years better than the Jets...I highly doubt Rex is thinking anything about the Jets. Don't forget Rex is really that good with defense and making his players play at their full potential on D.

Without Rex the NY Jets defense even with Revis is nothing. I will get back to this post midway throughout the season. :)

Without Rex the NY Jets defense even with Revis is nothing. I will get back to this post midway throughout the season. :)

This seems somewhat out of character for you. Do you really believe that? If so, you lose a lot of credibility. The Jets are building a top defense, bringing in Cromartie, Gilchrist, and Skrine as well as Revis. In addition, Head coach Todd Bowles has a great defensive mind. He won the Assistant Coach of the Year award for his work with the Arizona defense last year.

Jets don't always make good decisions but I think they are having themselves a great off-season this year. The Bills also. I wish I could say the same about the Vikings. :(

This seems somewhat out of character for you. Do you really believe that? If so, you lose a lot of credibility. The Jets are building a top defense, bringing in Cromartie, Gilchrist, and Skrine as well as Revis. In addition, Head coach Todd Bowles has a great defensive mind. He won the Assistant Coach of the Year award for his work with the Arizona defense last year.

Jets don't always make good decisions but I think they are having themselves a great off-season this year. The Bills also. I wish I could say the same about the Vikings. :(

I like Bowles but I am interested to see how he and his DC call the games. I think what makes Rex so difficult is he is a great in game defensive coach. He knows when to dial it up at the best moment and when to play coverage and confuse. What is amazing to me about last season is how well that Jet defense played NE in the second game. Sure they had a great front but no secondary at all and still frustrated the Pats offense the whole game until the very end when Brady led the team to a few first downs to close it out.

yeah...and to have two injured safeties, corner, and starting wr coming in....then lose that key nickel corner and one of their best pass rushers during the game.....that wasn't the same defense they had last year for sure....and it's getting weaker....but gotta give Tom credit for stepping up big in the big moment...he always has...but I wouldn't say the east battle tested them....15 years and 5 sbs and 9 championship games had them battle tested...for the two most important guys...Tom and Bill.

The East was maybe its most competitive in the last 5 years. No game the Pats played was a cake walk and I do think that was instrumental for last year's run. They were better prepared to handle the likes of the Ravens and the Hawks and they really needed to be offensively as their defense was not good at all in either game.

The East was maybe its most competitive in the last 5 years. No game the Pats played was a cake walk and I do think that was instrumental for last year's run. They were better prepared to handle the likes of the Ravens and the Hawks and they really needed to be offensively as their defense was not good at all in either game.

divisional games are always tough even when the division isn't necessarily good because teams are built to play each other and so familiar....still it's the experience at key positions that prepare you....when you are there year after year your battle tested....it isn't so much the regular season as the years of championship games you've played....Seattle even though they won it the year before don't realize how fortunate they were to have another shot....and getting cute at the end showed that....experienced sb teams know what to do in those situations...you don't think belicheck had learned from the Giants games how to manage end of game situations....just saying the experience of playing in big games is way more important than some regular season games.

divisional games are always tough even when the division isn't necessarily good because teams are built to play each other and so familiar....still it's the experience at key positions that prepare you....when you are there year after year your battle tested....it isn't so much the regular season as the years of championship games you've played....Seattle even though they won it the year before don't realize how fortunate they were to have another shot....and getting cute at the end showed that....experienced sb teams know what to do in those situations...you don't think belicheck had learned from the Giants games how to manage end of game situations....just saying the experience of playing in big games is way more important than some regular season games.

Really good points. I have no idea what Seattle was thinking at the end but it seemed as if Carroll wanted to run all four plays and leave no time left on the clock for Brady. At least that has been his explanation partly.

Really good points. I have no idea what Seattle was thinking at the end but it seemed as if Carroll wanted to run all four plays and leave no time left on the clock for Brady. At least that has been his explanation partly.

they got cute...let's face it....there was little time for brady even if they scored right away....and against that defense who isn't giving anything up but little check downs....no..they wanted to make Russell the mvp....it's clear they have been trying to pry the focus off Marshawn for awhile...but he is the heart....common sense says run the ball....he hadn't been stopped all night. If you do...you call time out...then you perhaps roll out Russell with a run/throw option and then if that doesn't work u run it again...plain and simple they got cute and it bit them in the butt...Carroll is no belicheck....and it showed there.

What is he thinking about? Probably thinking about beating the patriots.

Rex Ryan is the Vincent Hanna of the NFL, and Belichick is his McCauley. 

tumblr_ncnwhsdO901s6ozp1o8_1280.jpg

"If we play each other, brother you are going down"

"There's a flip side to that argument...say I'm boxed in and your on the other side, I won't hesitate to take you down" 

Pucker up Rex! Bill's got another ring for you to kiss.  :thmup:

Ahh, I love Rex. I'm glad he's staying in the East. I'm sure he's watching what's happening in NY and thinking about how different his life might have been without the Idzik hire. I realize people often overreact to bad hires, but that may have been one of the worst all-time. He really had no clue what he was doing. 

Pucker up Rex! Bill's got another ring for you to kiss. :thmup:

Ahh, I love Rex. I'm glad he's staying in the East. I'm sure he's watching what's happening in NY and thinking about how different his life might have been without the Idzik hire. I realize people often overreact to bad hires, but that may have been one of the worst all-time. He really had no clue what he was doing.

Have you ever seen "That's my boy"?