Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at top of bidders list for Greg Hardy

Colts roster was good enough to get to the AFCCG, that doesn't happen by accident. 

Unless you're actively implying that a team that went 11-5, won it's division, won 2 playoff games, including a road game, also has a bad roster by NFL standards. But that would be silly.

its not a great roster. Anyone who thinks different is probably a colts fan.

its not a great roster. Anyone who thinks different is probably a colts fan.

I agree. The roster is not good. We have a few elite/great players in Luck, Hilton, V. Davis and a few really good players in Allen and Fleener. Up and coming players in Moncrief and Newsome.The rest of the guys for the most part are average or below average. Mathis is TBD.

I agree. The roster is not good. We have a few elite/great players in Luck, Hilton, V. Davis and a few really good players in Allen and Fleener. Up and coming players in Moncrief and Newsome.The rest of the guys for the most part are average or below average. Mathis is TBD.

To be fair a team that has more good players for example bengals, Broncos, couldn't make it to the AFC championship game. We did. It's not about having great players, it's more about having the right players. Need a balanced roster and I think Grigson has been doing a good job.

To be fair a team that has more good players for example bengals, Broncos, couldn't make it to the AFC championship game. We did. It's not about having great players, it's more about having the right players. Need a balanced roster and I think Grigson has been doing a good job.

I'm not faulting Grigson. I like what he's done in the short time he's been here, especially how he's handled the cap situation. I don't agree with all of his signings but overall, he's done well.

However, if I were to take a snapshot of the overall roster and grade it, it wouldn't grade out too well. That's just my opinion. I'm also of the opinion that our super stars make up for a lot of the holes on the roster, as is the case with any other team-- just more so with the Colts.

Having the right players means Luck > Dalton

Colts roster was good enough to get to the AFCCG, that doesn't happen by accident. 

Unless you're actively implying that a team that went 11-5, won it's division, won 2 playoff games, including a road game, also has a bad roster by NFL standards. But that would be silly.

Not really. More like a 9-7 team considering our walkover division. And killed by the good teams on our schedule.

Cinci was no contest based on an obliterated Offense and critical injuries on their D and Denver had a useless, rag armed QB, another lay down. Luck is 17-1 in our division. lmao! what a joke.

Not really. More like a 9-7 team considering our walkover division. And killed by the good teams on our schedule.

Cinci was no contest based on an obliterated Offense and critical injuries on their D and Denver had a useless, rag armed QB, another lay down. Luck is 17-1 in our division. lmao! what a joke.

If we're not very good based on last year results.....   what about the year before when we beat the Super Bowl champion Seahawks and SB opponent Denver and NFC Championship team San Francisco and playoff team KC -- twice.

I don't recall you telling anyone how great we were based on our beating the best teams on our schedule?

It goes both ways you know....

If we're not very good based on last year results.....   what about the year before when we beat the Super Bowl champion Seahawks and SB opponent Denver and NFC Championship team San Francisco and playoff team KC -- twice.

I don't recall you telling anyone how great we were based on our beating the best teams on our schedule?

Hey hey now!  Your going to far ahead of yourself  here!  I mean you can talk about 2014 god forbid you talk about 2013!  That was like a whole extra year before last year. 

Check yourself, before you wreck yourself!

hahah

No, I reminded you that Seattle beat us up all that day in our House without both starting OTackles, TY got behind them twice for long TD`s is how we won. Denver at home, No ryan Clady and a weepy Manning early in the game. A blocked kick for a returned TD, nice game but very fortunate. SF was beat up and slaughtered the prior week by Seattle with no Crabtree or TE Davis.

Kap couldn`t hit a gimme Out to save himself, and SF lost there NT after the Seattle game, Link got much praise as a RG for our stout running game. Chuckle

KC had us slaughtered. Hmm, they lost their best pass rusher during the game, their RB, and two DB`s. Rather ridiculous Luck for us.  You Homers just look at 11-5 and get soooo uppity. Did i say 17-1?

No, I reminded you that Seattle beat us up all that day in our House without both starting OTackles, TY got behind them twice for long TD`s is how we won. Denver at home, No ryan Clady and a weepy Manning early in the game. A blocked kick for a returned TD, nice game but very fortunate. SF was beat up and slaughtered the prior week by Seattle with no Crabtree or TE Davis.

Kap couldn`t hit a gimme Out to save himself, and SF lost there NT after the Seattle game, Link got much praise as a RG for our stout running game. Chuckle

KC had us slaughtered. Hmm, they lost their best pass rusher during the game, their RB, and two DB`s. Rather ridiculous Luck for us.  You Homers just look at 11-5 and get soooo uppity. Did i say 17-1?

In other words, for you -- the ultimate hater here -- it only goes one way.   Anti-Grigson/Pagano.   That's what I thought.

OK.    Your opinion.    You're entitled.

Just don't be surprised when few pay attention to you........

2012:   11-5,   0-1

2013:   11-5,   1-1

2014:   11-5,   2-1

I don't see that happening. Gore is bionic. He doesn't abide by the 30 and done rule. And it's not like he's ever been a speed back. Those guys fall off a cliff abruptly.

I would be more worried about Johnson who has history of hamstring leg issues....I mean not tons of injuries but some. Gore has been healthy and I think more in a Stephen Jackson mold. He may slow a little but he won't just fall off. He knows how to run and will get the most out of whatever our line gives him. I look for us to get a young back to pair up with boom and him. I've liked gore all offseason. I do think we need help at ilb but maybe we look at that in the draft.

The Colts roster is not as good as our record would suggest.     It's good.   But it can get much better.

If our roster was that good,  we wouldn't be making all these moves.

We have a long way to go and many more moves to make over several more years before the roster is where we want it to be....

I would be more worried about Johnson who has history of hamstring leg issues....I mean not tons of injuries but some. Gore has been healthy and I think more in a Stephen Jackson mold. He may slow a little but he won't just fall off. He knows how to run and will get the most out of whatever our line gives him. I look for us to get a young back to pair up with boom and him. I've liked gore all offseason. I do think we need help at ilb but maybe we look at that in the draft.

Agreed about ILB, I feel S and Dline holes are overshadowing a very real need at ILB. Both Freeman and Jackson are "just guys" IMO.

I'm sorry......

I simply find it hard to believe we're in the running for Hardy.

I think this would be an incredibly hard sell to the fan base and the media.

Beat up his girlfriend.     Beat up his PREGNANT girlfriend.

Threw her down on a pile of guns.   I think he threatened to kill her.

Found guilty in one courtroom..     Got a 2nd trial and bought the girlfriend off so she wouldn't testify.

I don't see Irsay and Grigson wanting to answer all those questions they're going to get if we sign him.

Oh.....   and we don't know how long the NFL might suspend him on top of all that.

I don't see this happening.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm sorry......

Beat up his girlfriend. Beat up his PREGNANT girlfriend.

Threw her down on a pile of guns. I think he threatened to kill her.

Found guilty in one courtroom.. Got a 2nd trial and bought the girlfriend off so she wouldn't testify.

I don't see Irsay and Grigson wanting to answer all those questions they're going to get if we sign him.

Oh..... and we don't know how long the NFL might suspend him on top of all that.

I believe it when I see it.

Allegedly.

I'm sorry......

Beat up his girlfriend.     Beat up his PREGNANT girlfriend.

Threw her down on a pile of guns.   I think he threatened to kill her.

Found guilty in one courtroom..     Got a 2nd trial and bought the girlfriend off so she wouldn't testify.

Oh.....   and we don't know how long the NFL might suspend him on top of all that.

I believe it when I see it.

I am sure any contract he would sign before finding out exactly if/what his punishment will be would contain some voiding language in case the punishment was too severe. 

I hope we get him.

I am sure any contract he would sign before finding out exactly if/what his punishment will be would contain some voiding language in case the punishment was too severe. 

I hope we get him.

Me too.

People still enjoy the music of micheal Jackson (pedophile), films of Roman Polanski (rapist), movies with sean penn ( wife beater).

Agreed about ILB, I feel S and Dline holes are overshadowing a very real need at ILB. Both Freeman and Jackson are "just guys" IMO.

I had a dream we was going to trade for Willis because the 49ers had a glut of great ilb and cap problems....never saw him retiring....i wasn't big on Jackson but thought he and freeman plus a draft pick could make a nice rotation.....alas dream squashed lol. It wasn't just DL issues....missed a lot of tackles at the lb position for my taste and just need that defensive qb too.

KC had us slaughtered. Hmm, they lost their best pass rusher during the game, their RB, and two DB`s. Rather ridiculous Luck for us. You Homers just look at 11-5 and get soooo uppity. Did i say 17-1?

KC had us slaughtered. Hmm, they lost their best pass rusher during the game, their RB, and two DB`s. Rather ridiculous Luck for us. You Homers just look at 11-5 and get soooo uppity. Did i say 17-1?

we really using injuries as an excuse of why we beat those teams? Find something new please

The Colts roster is not as good as our record would suggest.     It's good.   But it can get much better.

If our roster was that good,  we wouldn't be making all these moves.

We have a long way to go and many more moves to make over several more years before the roster is where we want it to be....

Well said