Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have reached out to Devin McCourty (Merge)

NFL free agent rumors: Latest on Byron Maxwell, Devin McCourty and the Eagles Devin McCourty

The Eagles' need at safety is almost as great as their need at cornerback, and it isn't often that a player of McCourty's talents at safety hits the open market. The Eagles are expected to be very much in on a bidding war for McCourty, the Rutgers product who has spent his entire career with the New England Patriots. McCourty is expected to demand a deal that has an average salary of at least $8 million, but could go as high as $10 million considering the heavy interest.

If he isn't, nobody is.

I'd rank him very high up in the Safety rankings, yes, but not #1.

Something like this

1. Earl Thomas

2. Eric Weddle

3. Jarius Byrd

4. Devin McCourty

I'd give McCourty 8M annually happily. It's just he may get more somewhere else, I'd be okay giving him more guaranteed and less overall to gain an advantage..

Maybe 5 years / 40 M / 25 G'd

Can confirm that the Indianapolis #Colts have reached out to Devin McCourty early on in legal tampering window. No idea if he's interested.

https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/574323635889967104

No idea how reliable this guy is, but a Vikings writer re-tweeted him onto my timeline.

Did this Vikings writer have any news on the Vikes besides their interest in Shaun Hill and Adrian Clayborn?

I'm hoping for McCourty and Branch. I'd let Adams go. I don't know if he can repeat last seasons success. Davis-Branch-McCourty-Toler would be a pretty amazing secondary.

I tend to agree with you. Mike Adams brings consistency and knows the scheme but really is only a one more year option. McCourty and Branch could be long term starters if Branch can stay healthy.

I'm hoping for McCourty and Branch. I'd let Adams go. I don't know if he can repeat last seasons success. Davis-Branch-McCourty-Toler would be a pretty amazing secondary.

Branch would get hurt and go on IR and we would be stuck with Sergio. lol

Can a Pats guy give us an opinion on McCourty. I'm just not sold spending around 10 mil a season on a guy that had only 2 ints last year. Seems a very good safety but not like a big playmaker. Is. That because of browners and revis affect on opposing offenses limited his chances or is he more a cog in that belicheck machine that is important but is never as good somewhere else. I always worry belichecks brilliance in schemes etc cover up these guys warts and put them in the right place to make plays as opposed to elsewhere where they have to rely on their own skills smarts.

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Eagles have made free agent FS Devin McCourty their top priority.

The Eagles are expected to be aggressive in their pursuit of McCourty after allowing the second-most passing yards in the league last season. McCourty is seeking $8 million-plus annually as the best safety in this year's class. The Eagles have also been heavily linked to free agent CB Byron Maxwell.

Couple #Colts tidbits: I'm told they're not currently involved in Devin McCourty talks. Also, nothing imminent b/w #Colts and Mike Adams.

11:19pm - 7 Mar 15

I don't have a twitter so I just copied it.

here's the link

https://mobile.twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/574424159687696384

I would be disappointed if they don't resign Adams or if they don't go after a big name PROVEN fa.