Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So It Looks Like Minnesota Will.........

chrisfarley

Get the first pick in the draft, they are just awful, awful, awful. and with the Colts winning out (which is almost a no-brainer based on situational circumstances and opponents), Minnesota is LUCKin OUT THIS YEAR.... ARG, makes me mad because they don't deserve it. Why do we always blow our draft picks when games don't matter ?????? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! UGH, ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the first pick in the draft, they are just awful, awful, awful. and with the Colts winning out (which is almost a no-brainer based on situational circumstances and opponents), Minnesota is LUCKin OUT THIS YEAR.... ARG, makes me mad because they don't deserve it. Why do we always blow our draft picks when games don't matter ?????? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! UGH, ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

They dont deserve it?? If they are playing as awful as you say they are, then they do deserve the #1 pick.

Hey I love the Colts and I hope they win out, but we ain't winning the Texans game. They're D is the best in the NFL and we have terrible offense. Donald Brown can;t run over that D. The Jags game is a possibility. If the Vikings can't win out, we may get the 2nd pick in the draft.

Get the first pick in the draft, they are just awful, awful, awful. and with the Colts winning out (which is almost a no-brainer based on situational circumstances and opponents), Minnesota is LUCKin OUT THIS YEAR.... ARG, makes me mad because they don't deserve it.

Why do we always blow our draft picks when games don't matter ??

???? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! UGH, ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We do?

So, to be clear, if the Colts win one more and either the Rams or the Vikings lose out, the Colts would not get the #1 pick?

If Colts, Vikes and Rams all finish 2-14, Colts get 3rd pick I *THINK*. I've been told it would go

1. Rams

2. Vikings

3. Colts

The Colts are going to 'win out'????

Bless you...but I'm not sure we shook down any thunder Sunday...

I think we can beat Jacksonville...but Houston is a tall order

It would be 2-14, and it's too soon to tell.

Right now the COlts have the easiest of the 3 teams.

IND 119 101 0.541
MIN 123 95 0.564
STL 127 89 0.588

Through the 1 pm games.

If we all finished 2-14, The Vikings would give us the biggest challenge for #1. They only have 3 teams with a (+10 win record), and we have 6 teams with a (+10 win record).. assuming all those +10win teams win their last 2 games also, that adds up a lot more onto our schedule to make it tougher.. will cut into our 4 game lead for the #1.

If we all finished 2-14, The Vikings would give us the biggest challenge for #1. They only have 3 teams with a (+10 win record), and we have 6 teams with a (+10 win record).. assuming all those +10win teams win their last 2 games also, that adds up a lot more onto our schedule to make it tougher.. will cut into our 4 game lead for the #1.

I wouldn't call it a 4 game lead at this point. We have more of our opponents games completed for the week than the other two teams. It will be closer in line after the 4pm games are finished, and then we have to wait on the Sunday night game and the MNF.

Another key is that if we do win one of our two remaining games, it is a divisional game so that will count as 2 losses for whoever we beat. Houston losing today was helpful.

It will be interesting.

Colts have to lose next 2 games to get 1st pick. Rams play steelers then 49ers. Maybe 49ers rest starters that's their only shot. Vikings play redskins then bears they def lose to bears redskins most likely win. Greeeeeaat

Colts have to lose next 2 games to get 1st pick. Rams play steelers then 49ers. Maybe 49ers rest starters that's their only shot. Vikings play redskins then bears they def lose to bears redskins most likely win. Greeeeeaat

The 49ers and Saints are going to be going toe to toe for a bye the rest of the way. The Rams shouldn't sniff a win. Minnesota could beat either opponent if they place a decent game and Rex or Hanie implode.

It will likely come down to the final weekend.

INDY 120 102 0.541
MINN 126 97 0.565
STL 130 90 0.591

after 4 pm games.

The 49ers and Saints are going to be going toe to toe for a bye the rest of the way. The Rams shouldn't sniff a win. Minnesota could beat either opponent if they place a decent game and Rex or Hanie implode.

It will likely come down to the final weekend.

INDY 120 102 0.541
MINN 126 97 0.565
STL 130 90 0.591

after 4 pm games.

Going off your calculations, what I decided to do was predict the remaining games. I looked at the remaining fixtures of all three team's opponents this year, and predicted the winner based on record so far this year (eg predicting a 10-3 team would beat a 4-9 team, on a tie I did my own prediction). Thus they're very unreliable but a guideline.

INDY 138 118 0.539
MINN 142 114 0.555
STL 151 105 0.590

So very close between us and Vikings if everything goes this predictably...

Hey I love the Colts and I hope they win out, but we ain't winning the Texans game. They're D is the best in the NFL and we have terrible offense. Donald Brown can;t run over that D. The Jags game is a possibility. If the Vikings can't win out, we may get the 2nd pick in the draft.

You can't make those predictions.

It shapes up a bit shaky as far as getting Andrew Luck at this point. I think the Polians really need to concentrate on other picks and really study them hard from this point forward.

They (Front Office) have probably studied virtually every pick imaginable. I doubt they are so focused on Luck that they will be floundering if in the #2 or 3 position come Draft day.

Also, what do you want us to do: purposely lose?

BTW, Minnesota has 2 very winnable games left in Washington and the Bears. I think they win one of them. That means that we get the number 1 pick.

the Bears are toast..4 losses in row to the AFC West

They will be eliminated by GB on Xmas Day...

..and Unless Cutler comes back to play a meaningless game..they lose at Minnesota...

You can't make those predictions.

They (Front Office) have probably studied virtually every pick imaginable. I doubt they are so focused on Luck that they will be floundering if in the #2 or 3 position come Draft day.

Also, what do you want us to do: purposely lose?

Of course not, just don't purposely win....... :neener:

Trust me...if anyone is capable of dropping one to the Vikings it's the Washington Redskins. They are a Jekyll & Hyde bunch with a penchant for losing head scratchers to teams they should otherwise beat. I see alot of them because they are always on T.V. in my area.

Vikings are due to win,just like the Colts did today. I predict they beat Redskins. Colts will win one more at best.

Rams also only have two W's. They finish on the road at the Steelers and at home vs. the 49ers. Unless the 49ers sit players I don't know if the Rams are going to win either of those two games so they could be the real threat to the Colts here.

Looks like the Colts are getting the help they needed tonight from the Chargers though so that's good news.

I don't know if anyone has thought about this but the Vikings and Rams both have young QBs. Maybe if they end up with the top pick they will be looking to deal it. Maybe the Colts move up and get Luck if they really really want him. Just a thought.

I'm not really sure why this all matters this early yet. We (the FO) still needs to find out what they have left in Manning. From what BP said post-game, it looks like Peyton was able to complete a few prescribed throws to Gonzo and a practice squad receiver but they are still being very cautious to avoid any unnecessary injuries. I hope they release that tape later this week or sometime after the season ends. Everything we do really depends on Manning's ability to return.

I was very, very happy to see a win today. And not to be a negative Nancy, but I honestly don't expect two more wins. Part of the reason we won today was that Tennessee was inept on offense. Brownie was amazing. But I am thinking the Houston defense won't be as kind. So I think winning next week will be a stretch. We still have a very, very bad offense. If it wasn't for Browns huge runs, we wouldn't have done anything today. The last game against Jacksonville is very winnable. I give that a 50/50 chance. So I think the Colts will end up 2-14. I do hope that will be enough to still get the #1 pick. But if we end up at #2, I actually think Justin Blackmon will be the pick. Yeah, I know, we have much bigger holes. But Wayne is getting older and a free agent. If Manning plays a few more years, he will need weapons.