Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So It Looks Like Minnesota Will.........

chrisfarley

You can't make those predictions.

I'm just being realistic. That is the most likely thing that will happen. Today was a bit of a fluke. Our D was great. Now they're going up against the best D in the NFL, plus a hot running back. I hope we win, but I don't know. The Jags game is in Jax, but that game is winnable. I think we still got that top pick, and Andrew Luck is ours...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just being realistic. That is the most likely thing that will happen. Today was a bit of a fluke. Our D was great. Now they're going up against the best D in the NFL, plus a hot running back. I hope we win, but I don't know. The Jags game is in Jax, but that game is winnable. I think we still got that top pick, and Andrew Luck is ours...

That D just got ripped by the Panthers and is missing their DC. Let's just see what the Texans are going to do, if you believe John Clayton they might sit people down and who knows the Colts might be super fired up Thursday. That's why they play the game though. As beat up as the Texans are it's a winnable game but it would be an upset if the Colts do.

We're not worried about winning are we? (Peyton first fan club that's your cue!)

I think that the last 2 are winnable, but then again a lot of those game's have been "winnable". We shall see. I will say this, I'm not going to be angry if they win out.

You're wisw man Fish! As can be seen by your choice of avatar.

That D just got ripped by the Panthers and is missing their DC. Let's just see what the Texans are going to do, if you believe John Clayton they might sit people down and who knows the Colts might be super fired up Thursday. That's why they play the game though. As beat up as the Texans are it's a winnable game but it would be an upset if the Colts do.

The Panthers offense is much much better than ours. You don't think they'll be motivated after that performance..

If Peyton is healthy, I hope Indy wins out to NOT get the second pick.... Then Indy will be "forced" to pick the best available player... @ CB or DL hopefully. or trade it and get mucho picks....

But lets not kid ourselves here Indy was win less for a reason. And I would be shocked if they cab win out. And Indy is now "DUE" for a huge letdown next week.

By the way... early line is Houston - 7.5

After suffering through an 0-13 start, the worst thing that could happen to this team is to win another meaningless game or two and blow their gift of the #1 pick.

I wanted a win as I didnt want 0-16 -- but there is really nothing to be gained at this point by winning out and getting the #3 pick.

Luck or no Luck -- that #1 pick is worth a lot. They'll either draft what turns out to be the "next greatest QB ever" or they'll trade him for a nice return. Picking #3 probably means no Luck and no trade....

A couple of years down the road, nobody is going to remember if the Colts went 1-15 / 2 -14 / 3-13....They'll just remember that regardless they'll finish last in the AFC South and if they had they had the #1 overall pick or not.

After suffering through an 0-13 start, the worst thing that could happen to this team is to win another meaningless game or two and blow their gift of the #1 pick.

I wanted a win as I didnt want 0-16 -- but there is really nothing to be gained at this point by winning out and getting the #3 pick.

Luck or no Luck -- that #1 pick is worth a lot. They'll either draft what turns out to be the "next greatest QB ever" or they'll trade him for a nice return. Picking #3 probably means no Luck and no trade....

A couple of years down the road, nobody is going to remember if the Colts went 1-15 / 2 -14 / 3-13....They'll just remember that regardless they'll finish last in the AFC South and if they had they had the #1 overall pick or not.

Agreed

This sums it up perfectly.

So, if Colts and Vikings and Rams all finish with 2 wins, Colts get first pick because of strength is schedule. Team with lowest strength is schedule picks first. As if now, Colts are at .544. Rams are at .564. Vikes are at .587

You can't make those predictions.

They (Front Office) have probably studied virtually every pick imaginable. I doubt they are so focused on Luck that they will be floundering if in the #2 or 3 position come Draft day.

Also, what do you want us to do: purposely lose?

I cannot beleive anyone would ever think that the Colts organization would not ALWAYS play to win the game! Jim Caldwell would never not give 100% to win would he?

So let me get this straight, If we win 1 out of the next 2, we can still get the #1 pick?

Yes. The tie-breaker would be based on the SOS. Whomever has the easiest schedule (based on opponents records), gets the pick. As of today, we have the easiest schedule. Only MINN is close to us and with SD winning last night, that put us in a better spot. "IF" we can win one more game, the #1 is ours.

Yes. The tie-breaker would be based on the SOS. Whomever has the easiest schedule (based on opponents records), gets the pick. As of today, we have the easiest schedule. Only MINN is close to us and with SD winning last night, that put us in a better spot. "IF" we can win one more game, the #1 is ours.

So its Okay to win Thursday?

I'm on 'Cloud 9'...... :cloud9:

Okay well in that case I can still cheer for another win haha!

Can that SOS change over the next two weeks though even if we win just one?

Get the first pick in the draft, they are just awful, awful, awful. and with the Colts winning out (which is almost a no-brainer based on situational circumstances and opponents), Minnesota is LUCKin OUT THIS YEAR.... ARG, makes me mad because they don't deserve it. Why do we always blow our draft picks when games don't matter ?????? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! UGH, ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Holy crap dude, stay away from any ledges as I fear you may just jump. DrAmA queen!!

we play them at home!

So we have 1 win in 14 attempts, we have 1 win at home and now all of a sudden we are a power house and nobody is coming in our house and winning?? Either get some sleep, lay off the drugs or go see your doctor immediately, your having a stroke.

SOS today.

Colts .544

Rams .564

Minn .587

Rams still have to play SF and Steelers.

Colts still have Texans.

Even with the changing SOS, seems quite likely that Colts would still get top pick with 2 wins.

Indy 120-103 0.538
Minn 127-97 0.567
STL 130-91 0.588

That is where the SOS stands based on on the complete schedule.

1 @Houston 10 4
2 Cleveland 4 10
3 Pittsburgh 10 3
4 @Tampa Bay 4 10
5 Kansas City 6 8
6 @Cincinnati 8 6
7 @ New Orleans 11 3
8 @Tennessee 7 7
9 Atlanta 9 5
10 Jacksonville 4 10
11 BYE
12 Carolina 5 9
13 @New England 11 3
14 @Baltimore 10 4
15 Tennessee 7 7
16 Houston 10 4
17 @Jacksonville 4 10
Overall SOS 120 103

Minn has winable games. rams do not. But would be very hard for them to get first pick with 2 wins since their strength of schedule is going to go higher because of the records of 49ers and Steelers

the SOS can change because of not just the 49ers and Steelers, but also every other team they have faced...the past opponents win % changes each and every week, dont forget

the SOS can change because of not just the 49ers and Steelers, but also every other team they have faced...the past opponents win % changes each and every week, dont forget

Absolutely correct. But one key point why you wont see significant jumps in SOS are the inter-divisional games. Many of these past opponents play each other, so it's a wash. 1 wins...1 loses.

i was thinking back when we drafted Manning in 97 and Minnesota was the team that beat us the last game of the year to cement that NO # 1 pick. How strange that they could play a role into us getting the pick by winning again at the end of the year. Of course that's if the Colts lose out.

Wo what your saying is a loss this week to Texas locks up the pick?