Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian Hartline for a WR?

He was just cut by the Dolphins. 

I think he's a decent possession receiver. If we could get him for cheap, I think he'd be good in the slot. What do you think? 

I'm ok with him.  A lot of guys who could fit in as our #3 guy.  We def should look more possession receivers though.  We need a guy who can move the sticks, not necessarily hall in the long bomb.  We already have that.

Share your infinite wisdom with us, please! 

There is no wisdom, it's just this guy stinks. He's mediocre at best. I have had enough of mediocre guys and one year deals

I believe the Colts, IF they go receiver, need a game changer or a guy who is a match-up nightmare. Neither one of these is what Hartline is.

line-up should be either:

Wallace, Hilton, Moncrief

or

Marshall, Hilton, Moncrief

Let Hartline go plan for the brownies

There is no wisdom, it's just this guy stinks. He's mediocre at best. I have had enough of mediocre guys and one year deals

I believe the Colts, IF they go receiver, need a game changer or a guy who is a match-up nightmare. Neither one of these is what Hartline is.

or

I prefer Marshall, Hilton, Moncrief, Hartline, Carter.  We would have great depth, and would create a lot of matchup nightmares. Get a solid guard, and fix the holes on Defense and you have a very solid team.

Signing Hartline is not going to prohibit the team from getting Marshall. I personally have no desire to sign Wallace.

or

I think Hartline might be a slight upgrade over Griff (who I'm a fan of) 

Match up nightmares cost money, and I'd rather see us spend the money of Defense. Hartline is a good possession/slot receiver. 

Marshall > Wallace

Hartline was cut after year two of his 5 year/30+ million contract.  He was due to make 7.3+ million this year.  Dolphins now have 4.2 million dead money for him.  So how much would you guys pay to get Hartline?  How much do you think he and his agent ask?  How much will another team more desperate for a receiver offer him?

Grif Whalen is making $585,000 by comparison, and that is his cap hit too.

I think Hartline might be a slight upgrade over Griff (who I'm a fan of) 

Match up nightmares cost money, and I'd rather see us spend the money of Defense. Hartline is a good possession/slot receiver. 

Marshall > Wallace

Hartline would be a big upgrade over Griff. I like Whalen he is a hard worker but come on not in the same league. He will probably be lucky to make the team this time around.

Hartline has shown he can play and be effective on the outside. He is 6'2" put up good numbers with a mediocre QB,. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 catches and 4200 career yards.

It would seem like a reasonable move. It shouldn't cost a lot of money while we develop Moncrief and Carter and probably a draft pick behind him.

Brazil and Rodgers really deplete the team of depth at WR.

Hartline was cut after year two of his 5 year/30+ million contract.  He was due to make 7.3+ million this year.  Dolphins now have 4.2 million dead money for him.  So how much would you guys pay to get Hartline?  How much do you think he and his agent ask?  How much will another team more desperate for a receiver offer him?

Grif Whalen is making $585,000 by comparison, and that is his cap hit too.

I am not sure I think he ended the season with an injury as well. There are just too many rumors to chase them all.  

Griff is a slot guy we need someone who can play outside. Frankly I would be surprised if Griff makes the team next year unless he can some how go back on the PS.  

or

Let Hartline go plan for the brownies[/quote

Mike Wallace, really? You get nearly the same production from Hartline as Wallace at half the price. Hartline will make around 4-5 mil (scheduled to make 5.9 before he was cut) while Wallace will make almost 10 mil next year. Makes sense.