Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok. Give your best scenario of what Colts will do in FA/Draft

Ok. I'm guessing these guys might be signed:

Mark ingram: I really think Colts will look at him hard and he wouldn't cost us much

Pernell McPhee: regardless of overpaying, he's an aggressive 26 year old OLB that can rush the passer.

Clint Boling: cheaper the Lupati, yound and will fill need right away. LG and Castanzo at LT

Marcus Gilchriest: Yound decent SS( solidifies safety for years to come )

If pass rusher is available at 29 i'm guessing colts would take one. possibly Armstead( he would solidify pass rusher for years to come )

Also I'm thinking if Holliman is there in the third the Colts will take him. I see paggs viewing him as Ed Reed mold. I know he has tackling issues but I believe that can be coached up. He will be the ball hawking FS for years to come.

I'm guessing huges and jones play end, with Chap a rotational NT and this is the key.

Who will start at nose? My guess is that if wilfork is released the Colts will go after him.

so if u add:

Ingram

McPhee

Boling

Gilchriest

Wilfork

armstead

Holliman

those would be solid additions without breaking the bank, imo

Thoughts?

I think Grigson is going after some star type players this offseason, but not a guy like Suh btw. In his first offseason he had a lot of holes to fill and we weren't really close. We are close now. Plus, I think he learned from signing only mid tier players with the releases of Landry, RJF, etc. Here's my prediction, and btw the 1st round pick is what I think we'll do, not what I hope we do. But still, I think if this scenario happened we'd be the best team in the league next season. But I really hope we don't draft Gordon, I just have a feeling we will.

Sign:

Nick Fairley

Terrence Knighton

Devin McCourty

Mike Iupati

Draft first 3 picks:

Melvin Gordon

Paul Dawson

Jaquiski Tartt

I'd be very interested in a off-season looking something like this:

Cut Thomas Trich Gosder

Resign Main guys

Sign Gore or Mathews, a Guard or Center and a tackle. Also One of the NT's (Williams, Knighton)

an OLB (Sheard, Worilds, Mcphee)

Then draft looking something like this

1: DL (Armstead, Philips, Brown)

2: Whichever of the ILB's are around (Kendricks, McKinney, Dawson, Perryman)

3: Best S prospect around (Tartt, Rowe, Cox)

4: Interior OL

5: WR/RB

6: OL/CB

6: LB

I think Grigson is going after some star type players this offseason, but not a guy like Suh btw. In his first offseason he had a lot of holes to fill and we weren't really close. We are close now. Plus, I think he learned from signing only mid tier players with the releases of Landry, RJF, etc. Here's my prediction, and btw the 1st round pick is what I think we'll do, not what I hope we do. But still, I think if this scenario happened we'd be the best team in the league next season. But I really hope we don't draft Gordon, I just have a feeling we will.

Sign:

Nick Fairley

Terrence Knighton

Devin McCourty

Mike Iupati

Draft first 3 picks:

Melvin Gordon

Paul Dawson

Jaquiski Tartt

I think Fairely might be available, however Knighton I believe will be a raider and i think Devin stays put in NE. Lupati is good, I just think given a choice it would be boling as he play LG already. Lupati I think plays RG and that kid we signed from CFL and Mewhort already play/can play RG. If CFL kid works out I can see mewort moving to RT and cherilus expendable

I think Fairely might be available, however Knighton I believe will be a raider and i think Devin stays put in NE. Lupati is good, I just think given a choice it would be boling as he play LG already. Lupati I think plays RG and that kid we signed from CFL and Mewhort already play/can play RG. If CFL kid works out I can see mewort moving to RT and cherilus expendable

Na, Iupati's a LG, so we'd move Mewhort to RG. I think if we make Knighton an offer he'll want to come here instead of Oakland too, and yeah McCourty may very well get tagged. If he does I think we'll land Rahim Moore.

I hope Grigson can land some talented guys who can contribute and advance us to meet the Super Bowl. Here's where I think we go during FA and Draft.

Resign:

Darius Butler

Cory Redding (1yr)

Joe Reitz

Sergio Brown

Andy Studebaker

Colt Anderson

Mike Adams (1yr)

Jerrell Freeman

Matt Overton

Dan BOOM Herron

Sign:

James Carpenter G

Torrey Smith WR

Dan Williams NT

Jason Worilds or Pernell McPhee OLB

Devin McCourty  (if available) or Rahim Moore S

Draft:

Arik Armstead DT

Tevin Coleman RB

Jake Fisher OT

Kurtis Drummond S

There are alot of good prospects and possible fits..

Im hoping hey will spend the money for 1 Veteran OL and 1 Vet DL at the very least..

I do like:

Gore/Ingram/Vereen-Best Deal and Ahmads health and ability

Bulaga-excellent! A leader for the youngins but GB will never let him go!

Suh/Fairley

Akeem Ayers-OLB/DE-His ability to go from 4-3 to 3-4 is a plus

Jaquiski Tartt

Benardrick McKinney-Fast and Big-Speed kills

Theres the starts...GO COLTS...GOTTA LOVE EM!!

I hope Grigson can land some talented guys who can contribute and advance us to meet the Super Bowl. Here's where I think we go during FA and Draft.

Resign:

Darius Butler

Cory Redding (1yr)

Joe Reitz

Sergio Brown

Andy Studebaker

Colt Anderson

Mike Adams (1yr)

Jerrell Freeman

Matt Overton

Dan BOOM Herron

Sign:

James Carpenter G

Torrey Smith WR

Dan Williams NT

Jason Worilds or Pernell McPhee OLB

Devin McCourty  (if available) or Rahim Moore S

Draft:

Arik Armstead DT

Tevin Coleman RB

Jake Fisher OT

Kurtis Drummond S

We seem to agree on a lot, but I don't like Carpenter personally. He's not a bad Guard by any means, but he isn't all that good IMO. I'd rather have Boling. That draft would be awesome btw.

We seem to agree on a lot, but I don't like Carpenter personally. He's not a bad Guard by any means, but he isn't all that good IMO. I'd rather have Boling. That draft would be awesome btw.

I agree. I forgot about Clint Boling. It appears that he may hit FA and I change my Carpenter pick to Clint Boling if available.

As of 2:45pm February 24th, here's a partial list of what to do:

Sign Boling to play G and Wisnewski to play C.  Immediate upgrades to the OL, won't cost a fortune, and both are young enough to not have to worry about those positions for a while.  Not sure where Mewhort fits in, but 4 out of 5 OL positions would be solid now.  Holmes and Harrison can develop as back up C/Gs along with Thornton.  Wait to see how Cherilous is before making a decision there.

I'd like to sign a DL, but haven't researched enough names yet.  I think there are plenty of FA along the DL interior this year.  I'll just assume we find an upgrade over Redding/RJF.

That's 3 vet FA's that won't cost a lot.

Draft Tyler Lockett, WR in the second round.  The Colts need a WR who can make his own TD out of a 5 yard catch....haven't had that in years...and TY, Reggie, Moncrief, and Carter aren't that guy, IMO. A guy like Lockett requires the defense to account, which opens up other things, including easier pass protection....since a five yard hot read might be a TD.

Target LBs, DBs, and RBs with the other draft picks.  Move the picks around to get value with the players drafted.

Offense: I'm anxious to see what happens on the O-line. I'd be thrilled if we could bring in a solid vet starter at G like Boling and add a rookie with pro-bowl potential at T like Jake Fisher. Other than that, we'll probably need to bring in a RB and a WR, but I have little clue who those pieces would be.

Defense: Want (and think we will get) a good player on the D-line. I think the secondary is nearly there, I'd re-sign Adams and hopefully add 1 more younger talented safety. Linebackers - I'd like a solid middle linebacker that can cover. We may not find that in the draft at 29 or 61, but maybe a free agent like Bruce Carter or some sort of a trade. Adding a pass rusher would be good, but I do feel pretty good about Newsome progressing.

You want BEST CASE SCENARIO?  If you want BCS, here are my starters after a free agency and a draft that stretches the realm of possibility.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Gore (FA), Bradshaw and Ajayi (Draft 2)

WR1 - Hilton

WR2 - Carter and Green-Beckham (Draft 3)

WR3 - Moncrief and Wayne

TE1 - Fleener

TE2 - Allen

LT - Castanzo

LG - Mewhort

C - Holmes and Shipley

RG - Iupati (FA)

RT - Cherilus

DE - Suh (FA)

NT - Danny Shelton (Draft 1)

DT - Jones

OLB1 - Mathis and Newsome

OLB2 - Walden and Werner

ILB1 - Jackson

ILB2 - Freeman and Pullard (Draft 4)

CB1 - Davis

CB2 - Toler and Rollins (Draft 5)

CB3 - Butler

S1 - Adams

S2 - McCourty (FA)

Free Agents

Marcus Cannon OG/OT New England Patriots

Dan Williams NT Arizona Cardinals

Frank Gore RB San Francisco 49ers 

Draft

1.) Owa Odighizuwa DE/OLB UCLA

2.) Phillip Dorsett WR Miami

3.) Eric Rowe S Utah

4.) Jacoby Glenn CB Central Florida

5.) Ibraheim Campbell S Northwestern

6.) Davis Tull OLB Chattanooga 

6.) Matt Jones RB Florida 

Free Agents

Marcus Cannon OG/OT New England Patriots

Dan Williams NT Arizona Cardinals

Frank Gore RB San Francisco 49ers 

Draft

1.) Owa Odighizuwa DE/OLB UCLA

2.) Phillip Dorsett WR Miami

3.) Eric Rowe S Utah

4.) Jacoby Glenn CB Central Florida

5.) Ibraheim Campbell S Northwestern

6.) Davis Tull OLB Chattanooga 

6.) Matt Jones RB Florida

Your best scenario for upgrading the Oline is Marcus Cannon?

ok hey guys, so I have insomnia and m a huge colts fan/nerd so I have been up doing fanspeak gm and draft and this is what I came up with let me know what you think  I did my best to make big signings and still fill needs with good great players in this mock I have carried over near 12 m for next season between cuts and signings and draft pick signings and filled every need as best as I could all negative and positive input would be great

cuts: Thomas, Richardson, Louis, Shipley

Resign:

Hasselback 2/5m

Retz 3/5.2 m

Sergio 2/2.4m

Adams 1/3.3 m

Wayne 1/3.5 m

restructure waldens contract

Fa signings

WR Jacoby Jones 2/3.2 m vet wr and a good return man

DE Adrian Clayborn 2/2.4 m Cheap stop gap backup 3/4 end rjf but cheaper

DE Nick Fairley 5/42.5m Build Monster instantly one of the best front 3 with a little help at NG

CB Mike Jenkins 2/3.5 CB depth at a decent price and a guy Grigs really wanted a few years ago and better depth then we already have

CB Carey Williams 2/5m again good depth and a pagano guy, also insurance for Tolers injury history (no more starting josh gordy type players)

OLB Pernell McPhee 4/28m good young pass rusher who I also think can set the edge and again a pagano guy

S Devin McCortney 5/45m have to sure up the safety position, I would bet he don't make it to free agency but if he does we have to snag him, and in this mock he makes it and we grab him

ILB Dannell Ellerbe 3/16.5m we should have signed him a few years ago

G Clint Bowling 4/24m sure up the line and our run game will come along by signing a proven young guard

RT Garrett Reynolds 2/3m Depth signing

RB Roy Helu 2/5.4m decent young back to add to our stable and cheaper then the big names

Draft

R1: S Landon Collins Alabama in this mock he fell, really hope he does on draft day as well, best young safety prospect in draft, helps build the monster

R2 DT Ellis McCarthny UCLA this may be a reach but I think with many teams going to the 3/4 d NG will be sought after and I wanted to make sure we got ours cant risk missing one and I believe he will be a good one

R3 CB Quentin Rollins Miami OH BPA and again helps build the monster and potential steal tons of upside and fast riser

R4 RB Tevin Coleman Indiana good spot to draft our future 'rb and this guy is my top pick anytime to get him in the 4th is a steal imo he was indianas only offense and still put up huge numbers with huge play ability

R5 OT Corey Robinson South Carolina Line depth and could become our starting RT in a few years

R6 DE Chucky Hunter TCU BPA and line depth and a guy early in the process rated much high could be a still

R6 WR Darren Waller GT Huge fast WR from a wishbone offense have no idea what you are getting could be a boom or bust pick but we are in a position to take a chance late in the draft

R7 QB Shane Carden ECU smart winner all you can ask for as a future backup to Luck

53 man roster

QB Luck, Hasselback

RB Coleman, Helu, Herrom

WR Hilton, Wayne, Moncrief, Carter, Jones

TE Allen, Fleener, Doyle

LT Castonzo, Retz

LG Mewhort, Henley

C Homes, Harrison

RG Bowling, Thorton

RT Cherlos, Reynolds, Robinson

DT Jones, Hughes, Kerr

NG McCarthy, Chapman

DE Fairley, Clayborn

OLB McFee Walden, Werner

ILB Ellerbee, Mumbuma

ILB Jackson Freeman

OLB Mathis Newsome

CB Davis Williams Rollins

CB Toler Jenkins

S Adams, Collins

S McCourtney Brown

K Vinatieri

P McAfee

LS Overton

I think this is building the front 7 as best as possible and maybe the best secondary in the nfl  also helps bulding the oline and a good stable of skill players with youth and experience spread out  GO COLTS!!!!!!

Off the top of my head

Draft:

Round 1: Arik Armstead 

2: Stephone Anthony

3. Ameer Abdullah

4. Best available DB

Sign:

Boling

Ingram

Knighton

McCourtey

You and me think alike. Not much different from a mock I just did. I wanted Armstead in the 1st but couldn't see him falling. And in the 3rd I had Coleman, but Abdullah is a good option if he's not there.