Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If We Are 0-15, Does Manning Play At Jacksonville?

oldunclemark

We're beyond the point of whether Peyton Manning's injury in career ending. Its not.

We cant go 0-16. We just cant.

We are absolutely NOT beyond the point of wondering whether his career is over. Why have you jumped to this conclusion? He is waiting for the nerve to regenerate, and only time will tell. More to the point, everything that I've read from medical professionals indicates that from day one the idea of him appearing in a game this year was a "best case scenario" fantasy that Peyton was holding out hold hope would happen, but which no doctor would advise him to do. It takes a year for the neck to completely fuse, what is the point of subjecting him to being tackled now when you can delay it another 9 months? Just a pointless risk.

And yes, we can go 0-16. I'd certainly prefer that we didn't, but this season will be quickly forgotten just like all the other lousy seasons. Relax already.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's going to play, but why wouldn't they put him on IR? Am I just missing something?

He is not on IR so he can hopefully practice with the team. Guys on IR cannot practice. They want to use every possible opportunity, if his health allows it, to see where he is in his progress. All of this now is just designed to get an idea of how they proceed in 2012.

no wonder oldunclemark abandoned this piece of garbage thread.

Have you guys ever read a more desperate ranting? The entire two pages of consistent arguments against his baseless and untrue claims seem to have done their trick though.

mark, for God sakes, give it up.

why is that date so important? I mean, why are they putting 1st as the earliest date? for what? nerve regenaration or muscle strength? both?

My guess is that is his next visit to the doctor. They haven't said that, but it would fit with the other times he goes to the doctors which is why Schefter kept saying the 1st. They aren't going to know the nervs are beck till they check for that.

Add to this I heard Philip B. Wilison on the radio yesterday saying the term fixed poistion for the fussion is a bit misleading as that a lot of people are taking that to mean he's fully healed. He said based on the doctors he talked to that is not the case and that it wont be fully healed for another 6 to 12 months. He said that is part of the reason why it's going to be such a hard call on rather they should keep Peyton or not this off-season because there is a real chance that by the time the deadline comes they aren't going to know if Peyton is healed right or not. He did go on to say the signs point to him healing but reminded everyone the signs also pointed to him maybe missing at four weeks at the start of the season too so the signs pointing to something aren't full proof. He also added he wasn't in the camp of dumping Manning either, he's in the camp of keeping Manning and Luck just to make sure they have the QB poistioned locked down because he said if he owned the team they might lose games in the future because they don't have enough talent at other poistions but they would never lose like this again because the QB got hurt and they didn't have a good enough back up.

So take that for all it's worth. I know some people like to think there is a chance Manning is going to play this year but all the people who get paid to know this stuff say no chance and they don't say it with themsleves being on the fence or saying there is a chance he's going to play. They flat up say no he's not going to play which tells me they have no doubts he's not going to play. Normally this many experts when they are are this sure of something aren't wrong.

Mark is basing this thread off of the comments of a doctor who is not Manning's doctor. The guy is just giving a educated guess and has no specific information about Manning's status.

True.Joker..but we ALL are..

If Manning plays and we lose DY.....at least he showed what we have for 2012...and we can draft accordingly.

Its a win-win.

:yes:

When we don't start Peyton for that last game and if God forbid the Colts go 0-16. Someone will probably have to talk our crazy Uncle Mark down from the ledge. haha We've all tried preventive intervention but it ain't working.

So you DONT want to see Manning play and the Colts win.?

Because that would allow Caldwell to keep his job?

Really?

If you were Manning........ :manning: ....wouldnt YOU ask to play,?. I would..

Well thats great that you would ask to play. I for one believe i would hate this coaching staff even more for throwing Peyton in there with this type of injury after only playing catch with the WR's for just a month. Still rehabbing, no training camp (which lasts several months). No Practice. Nothing. And your wanting Peyton in just because he asks? This is a serious injury. Thats why it took 3 surgeries and no season to even get half healthy.... I also believe Peyton is all for playing if hes CLEARED and ready to go physically to play. Thats the only way he would ask to play. Thats the only way he will play. Which isn't going to happen. Hes not as dumb with his body as you want him to be. My goodness you hear he threw the ball one time and all of a sudden he should ask to play :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Well thats great that you would ask to play. I for one believe i would hate this coaching staff even more for throwing Peyton in there with this type of injury after only playing catch with the WR's for just a month. Still rehabbing, no training camp (which lasts several months). No Practice. Nothing. And your wanting Peyton in just because he asks? This is a serious injury. Thats why it took 3 surgeries and no season to even get half healthy.... I also believe Peyton is all for playing if hes CLEARED and ready to go physically to play. Thats the only way he would ask to play. Thats the only way he will play. Which isn't going to happen. Hes not as dumb with his body as you want him to be. My goodness you hear he threw the ball one time and all of a sudden he should ask to play :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Training camp lasts one month and then they play..

Eventually...you have to go out there.

You may call it dumb...but I'd like to win a game

What's wrong with him playing if, as you insist, he's cleared to play?

He's not going to be cleared to play, so this question is irrelevent.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean here but you are going to have to accept that Peyton Manning isn't walking through that door and that we most likely will go winless this season because of it. I take no pleasure in typing that for the record, despite what anyone might think.

I'll be surprised if Manning is even cleared to practice this year.

:yes:

When we don't start Peyton for that last game and if God forbid the Colts go 0-16. Someone will probably have to talk our crazy Uncle Mark down from the ledge. haha We've all tried preventive intervention but it ain't working.

I feel bad because he's taking this far harder than he should. Yeah it sucks, but at least we know next season will be better (Basically by default)

Training camp lasts one month and then they play..

Eventually...you have to go out there.

You may call it dumb...but I'd like to win a game

Yes training camp last 1 month. Peyton won't even have gone throught anything close to that over the next few weeks. Add to that the lack of "ANY" work over the summer and there is ZERO chance his body is ready. Second, what does it matter if we win the game or lose the game? We are not going to the playoffs, it won't impact our draft status, so there is nothing to be gained by playing him. Lastly he won't be cleared, no doctor in his right mind will clear him for in game action at that point, NOT going to happen.

I want our front office to get as many chances as they need to evaluate how Peyton is progressing. If he is not ready to go, I don't want to pay him the money he is lined up to make. PERIOD. Peyton is the Colts organization's Golden Boy, but I don't want to pay a man in street clothes that much CAP. This is a business decision, and I would have tried to rework his contract after the SECOND surgery!

I hope he comes back and blows the record books out of the water, but I still don't want to pay him until I know he can play.

So you DONT want to see Manning play and the Colts win.?

Because that would allow Caldwell to keep his job?

Really?

I said nothing about Caldwell there. If the Colts base a decision on Caldwell's future on whether or not the team finishes 1-15 vs. 0-16 then this franchise's front office has more issues regarding competence than I have time to invest worrying about it.

I just don't think Peyton will be cleared by then. Peyton is on the road to recovery and it will take more than 3 more weeks for him to make the journey back. Ease up on this bro and let Peyton have the time he needs for your own peace of mind. You aren't alone, we are all suffering through this and want to see Peyton back soon but most of us don't want him rushing things for a meaningless game. I am confident that both Peyton and the Colts will continue to exercise wisdom, caution and discretion in this matter. If you are that terrified of 0-16 then continue to support Orlovsky and/or Painter and root for them to lead us to a win. Because if they can't do it...Peyton isn't coming back just to try and save us from a winless season.

He's not going to be cleared to play, so this question is irrelevent.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean here but you are going to have to accept that Peyton Manning isn't walking through that door and that we most likely will go winless this season because of it. I take no pleasure in typing that for the record, despite what anyone might think.

I'll be surprised if Manning is even cleared to practice this year.

He's throwing to receivers at practice. Does that count?

Because PM has had major surgery. Because PM has not done anything in almost 10 months physically. Because to get NFL ready takes more then a couple of weeks tossing to your WR/TE and RB.

To say he has done nothing physically in 10 months isnt really true, right?

..and to play a few series in one game..with 3 weeks throwing?

He's a QB..he does not block or tackle...

How long does it take the kicker to get ready?

I think you get out there if you can because you are the captain.

You are the leader.

If you can play...Manning goes out there with Saturday and Addai and Wayne and Clark and Mathis and Freeney and tries to win one because that's what they do.......

I would. You would too. Who are we kidding?

Oh sure he has held his kids, changed a few diapers, drove around Indy, made some personal appearances and such...but he has done nothing football wise since the end of last season.

He does get tackled, he might have to make a tackle and he can get blind sided and be sacked. Unlike a Kicker who hardly ever see's action, a QB is target No. 1 of ever defensive player. Do you NOT think that the Jags would go all out to put Manning out fo the game possibly out of the NFL? I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags wouldn't put a bounty on his head to see whom can knock him out of the game.

CORRECTION ! !

Collie says the twitter reporting Manning throwing to him and Dallas is incorrect. He has NOT been throwing to anyone...YET.

I could be wrong and clearly he could have started one since this report came out but I know Philip B. keeps a list of players who have twitter and he has said many times Collie does NOT have twitter. Now that was earlier this season so he could have very well started a twitter account since then.

I think you get out there if you can because you are the captain.

You are the leader.

If you can play...Manning goes out there with Saturday and Addai and Wayne and Clark and Mathis and Freeney and tries to win one because that's what they do.......

I would. You would too. Who are we kidding?

I don't think there is any question Peyton wants to play. But would you allow your child to play in the street if they wanted to?

So, if Manning is ready to play in 2 weeks now (since it is Friday) and they let him play what are the possible outcomes.

1. The Colts win a game and Manning proves this really is a one man team. Great for the rest of the players. Is winning that game any better for them than 0-16?

2. The Colts lose the game. What does that prove? Can't win with Manning? Regardless of whether he looks good or bad we still don't really know for sure how healthy he is.

3. Manning takes big hits and gets injured. It could happen. What is the upside to that.

Are there some other options?

Mark - I think you need to let the emotions go a little bit and look at this from a logical, long term perspective.

Oh sure he has held his kids, changed a few diapers, drove around Indy, made some personal appearances and such...but he has done nothing football wise since the end of last season.

He does get tackled, he might have to make a tackle and he can get blind sided and be sacked. Unlike a Kicker who hardly ever see's action, a QB is target No. 1 of ever defensive player. Do you NOT think that the Jags would go all out to put Manning out fo the game possibly out of the NFL? I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags wouldn't put a bounty on his head to see whom can knock him out of the game.

But dn...what would YOU DO...?

This might be the last time you play with a couple of these guys.

Next year is not promised to anybody.

What would YOU DO?