Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If We Are 0-15, Does Manning Play At Jacksonville?

oldunclemark

We're beyond the point of whether Peyton Manning's injury in career ending. Its not.

We're beyond the point of whether he can throw the ball ever again

He can.

We cant go 0-16. We just cant. The difference between 0-16 and 1-15 is massive and folks only have to ask Danny Orlovsky about that.

Its a shame the franchise carries for decades. Its the reverse of going 19-0.

Manning will be ready. He will go to Caldwell and ask to play.

His teammates will walk into Caldwell's office like a scene out of the movie 'Rudy' and lay their jerseys on his desk saying Peyton should play...."Let him play in my place, coach!!"

(Orlovsky will be first in line)

Manning says: I'm healthy. I'm playing so we can win one. I owe it to my teammates.

Caldwell says" let me ask my boss.

You are Polian and Irsay.

What do you say.? :eyebrow:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance, he won't be able to. He will have had zero time to get his body in shape and be anywhere near game ready, the game means nothing and there is no reason to even consider it.

Exactly how did going 0-16 damage Detroit? By going 0-16 were they banned from post season play for X amount of seasons? By going 0-16 did they forfiet any or all of their TV revenue? By going 0-16 have they lost their fan base and are unable to see tickets to games? Exactly WHAT did going 0-16 do to the Lions?

No.

Sorry mark but you've got to get these ideas of Manning coming back this year out of your head. It ain't happening.

I keep saying /////There's a reason he's not on injured reserve..and its not for practice

Why is he 'ramping up' his throwing.....?

Detroit is know as having the worst team of all time..dn...that's how this has hurt their franchise.

Its a stink that wont wash off.

You will tell a healthy Peyton Manning he is NOT PERMITTED TO PLAY??

Really?

I keep saying /////There's a reason he's not on injured reserve..and its not for practice

Detroit is know as having the worst team of all time..dn...that's how this has hurt their franchise.

Really?

The stink will vanish...go ask Detorit

Peyton is not healthy, he is healing but no where near 100% healthy

He will have had less then a month of being able to do anything, remember how he did last time he wasn't able to prepare in a full preseason

There is no difference in 1-15 and 0-16...NONE.

Really?

No Mark, I'm telling you that Peyton Manning isn't walking through that door. Not this year at least.

If the Colts don't want the unwashable stink of going 0-16 on them, then perhaps they'd better win one of these next 3 games we have. Every team in the league manages to win games without Peyton Manning at QB. We can to and if we don't then we deserve every bit of ridicule we get because of it.

But if you're holding out hope that Manning's going to ride in on his white horse and make everything ok, you're going to be disappointed.

No Mark, I'm telling you that Peyton Manning isn't walking through that door. Not this year at least.

If the Colts don't want the unwashable stink of going 0-16 on them, then perhaps they'd better win one of these next 3 games we have. Every team in the league manages to win games without Peyton Manning at QB. We can to and if we don't then we deserve every bit of ridicule we get because of it.

But if you're holding out hope that Manning's going to ride in on his white horse and make everything ok, you're going to be disappointed.

I dont know about horses (The white horse is a Colt, isnt it??)

But I think he'd going to play the final game.

You guys act like you havent followed him for 10 years and I KNOW you have...

He is OK..He is throwing. If he practices the final week..why should he not play? Why should he not ask?

He will ask to play if we're 0-15 and you know he'll ask?

..and who will say "No'...we'll go with Orlovsky"

The stink will vanish...go ask Detorit

Peyton is not healthy, he is healing but no where near 100% healthy

He will have had less then a month of being able to do anything, remember how he did last time he wasn't able to prepare in a full preseason

There is no difference in 1-15 and 0-16...NONE.

Actually there IS a difference in 0-16 and 1-15...it has to do with firing Jim Caldwell and getting a new coaching staff! lol

We're beyond the point of whether Peyton Manning's injury in career ending. Its not.

We're beyond the point of whether he can throw the ball ever again

He can.

We cant go 0-16. We just cant. The difference between 0-16 and 1-15 is massive and folks only have to ask Danny Orlovsky about that.

Its a shame the franchise carries for decades. Its the reverse of going 19-0.

Manning will be ready. He will go to Caldwell and ask to play.

His teammates will walk into Caldwell's office like a scene out of the movie 'Rudy' and lay their jerseys on his desk saying Peyton should play...."Let him play in my place, coach!!"

(Orlovsky will be first in line)

Manning says: I'm healthy. I'm playing so we can win one. I owe it to my teammates.

Caldwell says" let me ask my boss.

You are Polian and Irsay.

What do you say.? :eyebrow:

First off, this is entire sentiment of yours is just as mind-numbing today as it was November 1st. He is not playing this year. Period. Irsay said as much last week.

Secondly, your first two sentences are assumptions at this point and nothing more.

I think this is wishful thinking because you're terrified of going winless.

Listen, he was just cleared to start throwing the ball. That doesn't mean he's in any way shape or form game ready. Rushing him back to save the egos of the guys who can't get it done without him is silly. Point blank.

Going winless will not be the end of the world. I promise you the sun will still rise and set and football will continue.

I think this is wishful thinking because you're terrified of going winless.

Listen, he was just cleared to start throwing the ball. That doesn't mean he's in any way shape or form game ready. Rushing him back to save the egos of the guys who can't get it done without him is silly. Point blank.

Going winless will not be the end of the world. I promise you the sun will still rise and set and football will continue.

Its not about me..You can see the signs...

Maybe Peyton Manning does not want to go winless...

I'm curious as to why you dismiss it as insane and dangerous..

Its football..he's a player...Let a player play.

I dont know about horses (The white horse is a Colt, isnt it??)

You guys act like you havent followed him for 10 years and I KNOW you have...

He is OK..He is throwing. If he practices the final week..why should he not play? Why should he not ask?

He will ask to play if we're 0-15 and you know he'll ask?

..and who will say "No'...we'll go with Orlovsky"

He won't be ready. There is no way his body can be ready for an NFL game in 3 weeks after having like what 12 months off. He is human, not superman. He knows it, the team knows and most logical fans know it. Dan O. will be the starting quarterback for the last 3 games...book it.

Its not about me..You can see the signs...

Maybe Peyton Manning does not want to go winless...

I'm curious as to why you dismiss it as insane and dangerous..

Its football..he's a player...Let a player play.

To play this game at the high level it demands, it requries the players to be in top physical form and have countless hours of practice and prep. Something Peyton has not had. We saw back a couple of seasons when Peyton missed almost all if not all of training camp and then tried to play in the home opener vs the Bears. how did that go? Right now going with Peyton in the final game is just flat out stupid. He won't be ready, the team won't care and his body isn't ready.

Again there is zero to be gained, why risk your investment on something that you gain nothing from no matter the end score?

He's been cleared to practice..dn....

You want him to choose not to play?

I really don't care what Peyton thinks, wants or such. He is a player, a player who has done nothing for almost 12 months due to a sever injury. The game is the final game of a season in which the outcome has no baring what so ever on the Colts in any way outside of it just being the final game. You have a QB healthy and a backup who is healthy, to put Manning on the field would prove nothing and have more negative results then positive.

While he is throwing he isn't practicing with the team which he would have to do first before he can even think about playing in a game. I listened to Schefter yesterday and he said it's questionable if Manning will even be able to practice with the guys (practice with the guys is a lot different than the throw ball around to a couple of WRs) before the end of the season let alone playing in a game. He then went on to say no way does Manning play football this year.

To play this game at the high level it demands, it requries the players to be in top physical form and have countless hours of practice and prep. Something Peyton has not had. We saw back a couple of seasons when Peyton missed almost all if not all of training camp and then tried to play in the home opener vs the Bears. how did that go? Right now going with Peyton in the final game is just flat out stupid. He won't be ready, the team won't care and his body isn't ready.

Again there is zero to be gained, why risk your investment on something that you gain nothing from no matter the end score?

To the players dn..there is NOT zero to be gained...It is not stupid...

Its easy to say 0-16 is no worse than 1-15 if you are not playing...

The risk to Manning is minimal....and the same as it will be next August...

....we're not talking about starting the season..

We're talking about fielding our best team and seeing if an injured player is OK...

You're missing the signs...

He's cleared..He's running. He's throwing. He's ramping up the throwing... and there's 3 weeks left.

he says he would like to play...

Call him stupid if you want..but dont miss the Jacksonville game.

I really don't care what Peyton thinks, wants or such. He is a player, a player who has done nothing for almost 12 months due to a sever injury. The game is the final game of a season in which the outcome has no baring what so ever on the Colts in any way outside of it just being the final game. You have a QB healthy and a backup who is healthy, to put Manning on the field would prove nothing and have more negative results then positive.

Him playing prove she can for purposes of the future and the draft....

If he can play on Jan. 1..he can play on Sept. 1

Him playing prove she can for purposes of the future and the draft....

If he can play on Jan. 1..he can play on Sept. 1

He can show the Colts in practice and such his physical ability. I want him to take his time in rebuilding muscle strength and such and not risk other injury by rushing. I want to see him throw in Mid jan then again in Feb and then March before the draft, I and the colts don't need to see him in a meaningless game to know anything.

He can show the Colts in practice and such his physical ability. I want him to take his time in rebuilding muscle strength and such and not risk other injury by rushing. I want to see him throw in Mid jan then again in Feb and then March before the draft, I and the colts don't need to see him in a meaningless game to know anything.

Throwing and playing are 2 different things.

HE needs to know...for his own sake..

WE have decisions to make......

All healthy players can play. Without exception.

Throwing and playing are 2 different things.

HE needs to know...for his own sake..

WE have decisions to make......

All healthy players can play. Without exception.

Here's the thing he's not healthy and has not begun even practicing with the team yet. All he is doing is throwing with a couple of guys during practice. Schafter during his report yesterday said they are still waiting on the nervs to come back in his neck but they expect that to happen but he said the earliest they will know if they did or not is January 1st which happens to be the last game of the season. They aren't going to send Peyton Manning out to play a football game without even being able to take part in a practice all season. Sorry Manning isn't playing this year.

Here's the thing he's not healthy and has not begun even practicing with the team yet. All he is doing is throwing with a couple of guys during practice. Schafter during his report yesterday said they are still waiting on the nervs to come back in his neck but they expect that to happen but he said the earliest they will know if they did or not is January 1st which happens to be the last game of the season. They aren't going to send Peyton Manning out to play a football game without even being able to take part in a practice all season. Sorry Manning isn't playing this year.

Its the 15th....The game is the 1st..I thin he is somewhat familiar with our offense..

..and reportedly he knows one or two of the players..

..You'll get a kick out of it when it happens...

Its the 15th....The game is the 1st..I thin he is somewhat familiar with our offense..

Okay lets say he plays...and given how little prep and practice he has had he goes and loooooooks horrible, looks worse then ever before, takes hit after hit after hit from Jville and ends up the night looking worse then Dan O. has looked, which is a HUGE possibility...what then?

and like what Schefter said, they wont know if the nervs in Manning's neck have come back or not till at the EARLIST the 1st of January.

That means Manning can't practice with the team till then and sure as heck can't play in a game till then. Which means that say even if they do find out his nervs came back on the 1st they aren't going to send Manning out there the day they found that out and without any practices all season.

Schefter also said it's more likely they wont come back till February or March. So no Manning is not playing this season. Everyone is telling you that and the reasons why and giving you reasons why beyond just because they don't think he's going to, you just don't want to hear it.

Okay lets say he plays...and given how little prep and practice he has had he goes and loooooooks horrible, looks worse then ever before, takes hit after hit after hit from Jville and ends up the night looking worse then Dan O. has looked, which is a HUGE possibility...what then?

GO out back and slap yourself.....dn...

Manning would not look worse than Orlovsky. It is NOT a huge possibility..

...and we wouldnt let him take hit after hit....

It will be a normal game....He gets rid of the ball very quickly, If I remember it right....

..and if he gets knocked down..gets up and throws a TD..

We know ALL we need to know for the draft and next season..

So for the future and for the 0-16 shame....we have 2 reasons to play him.

..and you would tell him to take off his gear and get out of the building?

Really???