Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What punishment is coming for the fight?

ColtsSouljah

Isn't throwing punches grounds for a 1-2 game suspension? Shouldn't everybody who threw a punch be looking at a suspension for next year?

Some wonderful comments from one of the fighters in this article. I got pushed, so I decided to start punching people. Hey, it was the last game so who cares. What a great guy. This is a perfect example of why so many of us view the patriots the way we do.

I'm sure now there will now be a zillion excuses (he was joking! the other guy deserved it! you would do the same thing! it's a violent game!), so please, at least try to make up some new ones.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000467869/article/gronkowski-on-scuffle-im-throwing-some-haymakers

Isn't throwing punches grounds for a 1-2 game suspension? Shouldn't everybody who threw a punch be looking at a suspension for next year?

Some wonderful comments from one of the fighters in this article. I got pushed, so I decided to start punching people. Hey, it was the last game so who cares. What a great guy. This is a perfect example of why so many of us view the patriots the way we do.

I'm sure now there will now be a zillion excuses (he was joking! the other guy deserved it! you would do the same thing! it's a violent game!), so please, at least try to make up some new ones.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000467869/article/gronkowski-on-scuffle-im-throwing-some-haymakers

Yikes.. I like how you spun that entire fight to be because of the classless Patriots, when 120 million people saw the Seahawks instigate it, and the refs ejected one of them for doing so.

Nothing surprises me anymore around here

Yikes.. I like how you spun that entire fight to be because of the classless Patriots, when 120 million people saw the Seahawks instigate it, and the refs ejected one of them for doing so.

Gronk is the one that said it. Blame him

All he was saying is exactly what the Patriots TE said. All of a sudden he realized he just admitted to the whole world including Goodell he was throwing round house punches. Then he thought I better make a joke of it. That is my take. Right or wrong it wasn't the smartest thing to admit. You know kind of like throwing someone out of the club?

Gronk is the one that said it. Blame him

On a late night entertainment Tv program for laughs..

Actions speak louder than words, and it only takes 60 seconds to watch the clip of that fight to understand that Gronk wasn't throwing "haymakers". He was getting a laugh on a late night show, but that never stops the constant spinning and slander around here.

Actions speak louder than words, and it only takes 60 seconds to watch the clip of that fight to understand that Gronk wasn't throwing "haymakers". He was getting a laugh on a late night show, but that never stops the constant spinning and slander around here.

this place is such a place of aggregation and heartache for you, yet you keep coming back

The Hawks may have thrown the first punch, but we all know it is the reacting punch that gets caught. In that pile Idk who started it.

One thing for sure- the Patriots were happy to do a kneel down without instigating anything regardless who through the first punch.

The ref even said 'instigated"

IMO Seattle looked a little immature on the whole thing and were like still trying to say were tough and physical.

Anyway not a big deal- not the first time emotions have run wild in a game.

Let me help you out here. True or false, my post called out EVERYONE involved with "the fight" by asking what punishment THEY would receive? True or false, Gronk is the only one to give his "reasons" for throwing punches?

So, we'll score one for the "he was just kidding" of my first post.

You are very perceptive that actions speak louder than words. Punching someone for pushing you says a lot. Just like it says a lot about the Seahawks for starting the whole thing.

Also, if the whole thing was a big joke, then why did he say "it's just football. It happens." Was that a joke too?

Don't let a few bad apples ruin the pie.  

Here's something that always amazes me. Feel free to give me an answer, and no sarcasm is meant in this question (honestly).

Why am I the "bad apple" because I have a problem with Gronk making light of throwing punches? Why am I the "bad apple" for disliking that type of attitude? The same could be asked about any of the reasons I have a problem with the pats.

Is it because that cheating or being disrespectful or making light of throwing punches is a good thing? Why does having a problem with those things make me (or anyone who feels the same way) the "bad apple"?

Here's something that always amazes me. Feel free to give me an answer, and no sarcasm is meant in this question (honestly).

Why am I the "bad apple" because I have a problem with Gronk making light of throwing punches? Why am I the "bad apple" for disliking that type of attitude? The same could be asked about any of the reasons I have a problem with the pats.

Is it because that cheating or being disrespectful or making light of throwing punches is a good thing? Why does having a problem with those things make me (or anyone who feels the same way) the "bad apple"?

Look at the post I quoted, and then rethink this post you just made. I never said anything about you or what you think about a casual on-field fight.

So, if you aren't backing up JM51 and his referring to my post as "slander", who is the bad apple here?

I'm talking about a certain few as a whole, not you. Your twist on this whole fight thing, as if the Patriots are the villains in every single thing possible, is laughable, though.

I'm talking about a certain few as a whole, not you. Your twist on this whole fight thing, as if the Patriots are the villains in every single thing possible, is laughable, though.

Except for AGAIN I will point out that the post addressed ALL involved. Gronk is the one who made stupid comments, so Gronk's stupid comments get discussed. If a Seahawk had made the stupid comments, it would have been the exact same post with that player named.

It's absurd that calling out someone for stupid behavior results in the one pointing out the stupid behavior becoming the target.

Except for AGAIN I will point out that the post addressed ALL involved. Gronk is the one who made stupid comments, so Gronk's stupid comments get discussed. If a Seahawk had made the stupid comments, it would have been the exact same post with that player named.

It's absurd that calling out someone for stupid behavior results in the one pointing out the stupid behavior becoming the target.

The Seahawks instigated the fight. They lost the game. That's it. Season over.

Oh but you know the Pats shouldn't have won the other day! If it weren't for Wilson's pick! Brady didn't over come 2 turnovers and play his butt off, and come back and win! 

lmao  lmao  lmao

It amazes me around here how much the Pats still get so much hate when they came back and won that game, which they played so well. I'm not a fan either, but they deserved that win more than anything the way they played. 

La la la la la, we don't say that it's a male soap opera for nothing when people are this concerned over silly drama. 

La la la la la, we don't say that it's a male soap opera for nothing when people are this concerned over silly drama. 

I'm hardly "concerned." I don't lose any sleep over Gronk or the pats.

However, I am allowed to have an opinion. What is this board for if not people giving their opinions and insights? Gronk personifies what people dislike about the pats.

I'll say it again, it is amazing to me how when someone points out classless behavior, they are the ones who get attacked. I don't know if it's because we like that kind of behavior or if it's because we think people aren't allowed to value character or what.

Oh but you know the Pats shouldn't have won the other day! If it weren't for Wilson's pick! Brady didn't over come 2 turnovers and play his butt off, and come back and win! 

lmao  lmao  lmao

It amazes me around here how much the Pats still get so much hate when they came back and won that game, which they played so well. I'm not a fan either, but they deserved that win more than anything the way they played. 

Who said they didn't deserve to win that game? I never said that. They totally outplayed the Seahawks... I don't think you'd find too many on this board who would disagree with that.

What you will find is people who dislike the pats because of the way they do things. I'm not sure why we who feel that way are the villains here, but apparently we are.

Fines are appropriate. When Vinovich threw out Irvin he identified him as the "instigator." And given that the Seahawks had just blown any remote chance they had of getting a safety and possibly getting the ball back, I think all 120 million viewers had a pretty good handle on how and why that started. 

What you will find is people who dislike the pats because of the way they do things. I'm not sure why we who feel that way are the villains here, but apparently we are.

You're not villains, but to be honest it's coming off being a bit petty at this point. 

It was a "heat of the moment" moment that Seattle instigated. I'm not sure what you think the Patriots should have done. No one threw a "first" punch. Gronk only got into after someone suckered him upside the helmet. 

Game was over. There was no need for it.

lmaolmaolmao

Thank Bogie, I appreciate that.

It was a great game and the Pats played their butts off and overcame a 10 pt defecit in the 4th quarter to become Champs. They did the improbable and won, and that's what it takes sometimes to win a championship

Fines are appropriate. When Vinovich threw out Irvin he identified him as the "instigator." And given that the Seahawks had just blown any remote chance they had of getting a safety and possibly getting the ball back, I think all 120 million viewers had a pretty good handle on how and why that started. 

Agree.  I think there will be fines for sure, and not just for Irvin.  More than likely anyone that threw a punch will get some sort of fine.

I've said it before.......that brawl was a fitting end to this NFL season.   :hat:   :yes:

I'm hardly "concerned." I don't lose any sleep over Gronk or the pats.

However, I am allowed to have an opinion. What is this board for if not people giving their opinions and insights? Gronk personifies what people dislike about the pats.

I'll say it again, it is amazing to me how when someone points out classless behavior, they are the ones who get attacked. I don't know if it's because we like that kind of behavior or if it's because we think people aren't allowed to value character or what.

I'd say it's because of the transparent hypocrisy that comes from constantly singling out only the behavior of the one out of 32 NFL teams that you happen to dislike the most as if that team and it's players were fundamentally different than any other team in the league, including your favorite team, on this front. I've said it before, I'll say it again...standing on the "morality and class" soapbox when it comes to professional sports teams is the flimsiest form of fan-boy behavior there is. What you are really saying is "I hate this team because they are better than my team, however I don't want to admit that, so I'll make up some crap about them being not classy like my team and that will sound better"....weak sauce.