Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm officially starting a movement

needanoline63

Our offensive line decisions have been questionable from a fan standpoint all year!!!! I don't think they really care though!

We need a new offensive line coach! There's no doubt in my mind. The rookies from last year have not progressed as they should have and our schemes are dreadful at points.

I just hope luck isnt killed tomorrow. I have no doubt watt is gonna have a field day

I said this exact same thing to Susie earlier today.  It was painful watching him get knocked around last week.  I sure hope things are better tomorrow.

Nothing against Watt.  I like him, and think he's a great player and even better person...  but I hope the O-line does a better job of protecting Andrew tomorrow.

Given that everyone seems to question every single move chuck and pags do, even when we win anyway, this thread is no big surprise.

No doubt there have been some....let's go with interesting opinions on here about the coaching staff, but in this instance how could you not question?  The coaching staff has a history of questionable decisions when it comes to who to start on the offensive line.  You can certainly argue that overall the coaching staff has been effective but the fact that the offensive line has been a massive problem since Luck and the coaching staff arrived isn't debatable. 

Starting Harrison over Shipley isn't a decision I personally agree with, but I can understand going with the guy that has more upside.  Refusing to play Holmes, a guy they thought enough of to draft and give a roster spot to, even when he's played well on the rare occasion the coaching staff has been forced to give him a chance is just mind boggling to me.  The lack of production on the offensive line in general makes me want a new offensive line coach next year.  Now I also want whoever is making those personnel decisions gone.  

Well the bright side is that I have the Texans defense in a semifinal fantasy matchup.

I have Luck in a semi-final I hope he doesnt get killed ( I jest ).  We have to do something to protect Luck he cant last with the hits he keeps taking, I know he is big and tough and plays that way but I hope we get our O-Line straightened out because he deserves better and so do you RB's.

I have Luck in a semi-final I hope he doesnt get killed ( I jest ). We have to do something to protect Luck he cant last with the hits he keeps taking, I know he is big and tough and plays that way but I hope we get our O-Line straightened out because he deserves better and so do you RB's.

I have Luck as well. A big part of the reason I'm in the semi's!

Maybe if Luck does get hurt due to pi$$ poor O-line play it will wake the coaches up to actually do what they said they will do and let the best 5 guys play... they clearly play favorites without watching the game tape.  That is the only reason why they would have Louis in there.  He is probably the worst lineman we have... and that is saying something.

The #PLAYKHALEDHOLMES MOVEMENT HAS JUST STARTED. Lance Louis over freaking AQ AND Khaled Holmes. Offensive line coach needs to be drug tested. Khaled Holmes will only get better if he plays more, I know you all saw the potential against the browns

Good luck with your movement. I am sure you will have legions join the cause.

I think this ploy is brilliant! Our head coach KNOWS that whoever starts will be injured before the end of the first quarter. By starting Louis, he allows him to take the injury; so Holmes can play the remaining 3+ quarters!

wow... I never thought of it like that... This is brilliant.

Wanted to add Ben Gundy at Colts Academy has a nice write up on Harrison and Lewis against the Texans in week 6 (and OL charting for every other week).

Harrison played really well. Louis passed blocked really well but was terrible in the run game. I'm assuming the staff decided on this lineup for those reasons.

Educate yourselves: http://coltsacademy.com/?p=2177

Our offensive line decisions have been questionable from a fan standpoint all year!!!!

It's funny you say that

Let's be honest...... In most cases, over the years...... The fans have been WRONG

The AMAZING player from Watsamatta University........ That we all love...... doesn't pan out

BUT IN THE CASE of the OL...... This fan base has been RIGHT!

Satelle........ This board was calling for his head ....... The fans were RIGHT.........

McGlynn........ Played better than Satelle at Center....... This fans called for him to be gone.........the fans were RIGHT

In these cases.... The Colts took forever to get to the fact that these guys were bad

Lance Louis has been a joke with the opportunities he has been given...... He didn't play as well as Holmes did

I love my Colts, but this OL thing is going to get our Star QB killed