Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Is Most Likely To Replace Caldwell At The End Of The Season?

SilentHill

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the answer is..probably...no one

After an exhaustive search (5 minutes) the Polians will announce that there is no one more qualified to coach the Colts than Chris so he will become both GM and Head Coach. The Colts will then string together 4 back to back 0-16 seasons, but they will stock pile more first round draft choices for the 2016 draft than any team has had in the history of the NFL and Chris will become know a the "Bust Master."

After an exhaustive search (5 minutes) the Polians will announce that there is no one more qualified to coach the Colts than Chris so he will become both GM and Head Coach. The Colts will then string together 4 back to back 0-16 seasons, but they will stock pile more first round draft choices for the 2016 draft than any team has had in the history of the NFL and Chris will become know a the "Bust Master."

:D

If Peyton is gone and Luck is our starting QB, they will need an experienced coach with strong personality to help the young QB, and Caldwell sure does not qualify. If Peyton remains with the team I see Caldwell stay, since as far as Peyton runs the show nobody should be brought in at the risky of interrupting him. As Peyton is essentially our head coach, things should be going as usual and most of the coaches will stay. However, they still need to maybe get at least one win to secure their jobs. If we do end up winless, no matter what there will be tough decision to make about Caldwell and his crew.

Here is how I see the sit down with Polian/Caldwell and Irsay going...

JI : We can't have another season like this past one again

BP: You are right, but I think with a few things different this would have been a 8-10 game winning team

JC: I know I made some mistakes and we didn't get the most out of what we had and I take full responsibility

JI: Are you willing to make staffing changes to correct that?

JC: Yes

BP: Well I see the following personal needing to be replaced....(insert a few names)

JC: I am good with that, any people you had in mind to replace them?

BP: I have spoken with Chris and we have some idea of the direction we want to go

JI: As for you Jim, you have been loyal to the franchise, taken this team to a SB and 2 playoff appearances, so both Bill and I are willing to let you return next year but we will need to see improvement from training camp on.

JC: I agree

JI: Well then we have it, we will make some changes with staff and you will return next year and we will discuss a new contract after next season...

Here is how I see the sit down with Polian/Caldwell and Irsay going...

JI : We can't have another season like this past one again

BP: You are right, but I think with a few things different this would have been a 8-10 game winning team

JC: I know I made some mistakes and we didn't get the most out of what we had and I take full responsibility

JI: Are you willing to make staffing changes to correct that?

JC: Yes

BP: Well I see the following personal needing to be replaced....(insert a few names)

JC: I am good with that, any people you had in mind to replace them?

BP: I have spoken with Chris and we have some idea of the direction we want to go

JI: As for you Jim, you have been loyal to the franchise, taken this team to a SB and 2 playoff appearances, so both Bill and I are willing to let you return next year but we will need to see improvement from training camp on.

JC: I agree

JI: Well then we have it, we will make some changes with staff and you will return next year and we will discuss a new contract after next season...

lmao, Thats it I am calling the white coats,

Jeff Fisher (although I doubt he would be able to co-exist with the Polians), Bill Cowher (same reason as Fisher), Brian Billick (Defensive minded, but getting up there in years). It could be anyone of these guys. All are great defensive minded coaches. They've all lead teams to the playoffs and to the Super Bowl (Fisher being the only one who lost). They all could come in here and clean house on defense.

Brian Billick was actually a offensive minded guy. He just some how ended up with a great ravens defense. That was actually a joke back in the day when Billick couldnt get an offense to score a touchdown. Then Dungy, who was suppose to be a Defensive minded coach, could get his Colts teams to stop the other team from getting TD's.

I wouldnt mind Billick zimmer or gregg williams as HC.

heck, my wishlist would be

HC Billick

DC zimmer

OC turner.

but since i dont see zimmer leaving for another DC id be happy with

Zimmer HC

Turner OC

DC - ? No idea maybe pepper Johnson from the patriots¡?

Here is how I see the sit down with Polian/Caldwell and Irsay going... JI : We can't have another season like this past one again BP: You are right, but I think with a few things different this would have been a 8-10 game winning team JC: I know I made some mistakes and we didn't get the most out of what we had and I take full responsibility JI: Are you willing to make staffing changes to correct that? JC: Yes BP: Well I see the following personal needing to be replaced....(insert a few names) JC: I am good with that, any people you had in mind to replace them? BP: I have spoken with Chris and we have some idea of the direction we want to go JI: As for you Jim, you have been loyal to the franchise, taken this team to a SB and 2 playoff appearances, so both Bill and I are willing to let you return next year but we will need to see improvement from training camp on. JC: I agree JI: Well then we have it, we will make some changes with staff and you will return next year and we will discuss a new contract after next season...

That just made me feel nauseated, because I could see that happening. I'm pray that it won't, but I can see it.

That just made me feel nauseated, because I could see that happening. I'm pray that it won't, but I can see it.

I just get that kinda vibe from Irsay and Polian, not saying it's the smart thing to do, but can see it going down that way.

I just get that kinda vibe from Irsay and Polian, not saying it's the smart thing to do, but can see it going down that way.

I agree. I'm not saying to fire him for this season, but because it just doesn't seem that he has the strong personality that it takes to run a team full of highly paid egomaniacs. And before I get jumped on, all professional sports teams are full of egomaniacs. You have to impose your will. He just seem to be an imposing figure. I say use him as a scapegoat, like most teams would and use this season as a reason to clean house. Heaven knows they need to change a lot of things about the coaching staff.

I agree. I'm not saying to fire him for this season, but because it just doesn't seem that he has the strong personality that it takes to run a team full of highly paid egomaniacs. And before I get jumped on, all professional sports teams are full of egomaniacs. You have to impose your will. He just seem to be an imposing figure. I say use him as a scapegoat, like most teams would and use this season as a reason to clean house. Heaven knows they need to change a lot of things about the coaching staff.

I also think that his present contract status will play HUGE into it. Most coaches don't like going into their final year without some kind of agreement for an extension which I don't see the Colts offereing at this point, so without it there is a chance Caldwell could chose to walk away or the Colts could feel that a possible lame duck coach would not be good either.

It's amazing how Clown Caldwell gets a free pass in Indy outlets and in the NFL world media in general. He should be ripped to shreads about destroying this once proud team from his horrible coaching. He was hired as Dungy-lite. Colts need a coach who can kick themn in the rear.I have a bad feeling that Chris, Bill and Jim; with his mindless tweets and non-involvemnet that Clown Caldwell may actaully be back.

It's amazing how Clown Caldwell gets a free pass in Indy outlets and in the NFL world media in general. He should be ripped to shreads about destroying this once proud team from his horrible coaching. He was hired as Dungy-lite. Colts need a coach who can kick themn in the rear.I have a bad feeling that Chris, Bill and Jim; with his mindless tweets and non-involvemnet that Clown Caldwell may actaully be back.

Could it be they have a better understanding then "Joe Colt fan" of the overall situation and don't overreact?

I would say Tressel. He is in that booth for a reason more than being a "replay consultant"

I would like Fisher though, would be a great fit, IMO.

That thing that Irsay tweeted about what will happen in the next 18 months is still sitting in the back of my mind. THAT is the main reason I think it may be Tressel.

I would say Tressel. He is in that booth for a reason more than being a "replay consultant"

I would like Fisher though, would be a great fit, IMO.

That thing that Irsay tweeted about what will happen in the next 18 months is still sitting in the back of my mind. THAT is the main reason I think it may be Tressel.

Tressel is old and has ever coached in the NFL.

He will not be the Colts next coach.

Tressel is old and has ever coached in the NFL.

He will not be the Colts next coach.

Not so sure, I feel like he has a good shot, just look at Polians belief system in hiring from within,m or promoting from within.

I am not saying I am a big fan of tressel, (I am just a fan of anybody not named caldwell) but I felt something was fishy when they brought him in at the beginning of the year. Polian loves Ohio State, just look Gonzo is still on the team...

Not so sure, I feel like he has a good shot, just look at Polians belief system in hiring from within,m or promoting from within.

I am not saying I am a big fan of tressel, (I am just a fan of anybody not named caldwell) but I felt something was fishy when they brought him in at the beginning of the year. Polian loves Ohio State, just look Gonzo is still on the team...

During Polian's tenure as a GM in the NFL, can you please list all the coaches/HC he has hired and how many of those came from within?

I think if the Colts play strong over the remaining 4 games no one will. I think both Irsay and Polian will remove a few of the position coaches but Caldwell will be given the final year on his deal to coach the team.

Oh geez I hope not. I can't imagine another year of Caldwell as HC.

(Someone mentioned needing a Smilie slitting it's wrists. That's the one I'd choose for my post.)

I also think that his present contract status will play HUGE into it. Most coaches don't like going into their final year without some kind of agreement for an extension which I don't see the Colts offereing at this point, so without it there is a chance Caldwell could chose to walk away or the Colts could feel that a possible lame duck coach would not be good either.

If so, JC would need a pair of brass ones to even think he'd get an extension after going 0-12 or worse.

A lot of the mentioned coaches just do not seem to fit will the Pollian and Irsay type. However, for the sake of fun:

Would love to have Billeck but I doubt he will leave FOX.

Fisher is a firey guy that would bring a good spark.

Wade Phillips..... did you watch Dallas???

Jon Gruden would be great as well but that guy is not leaving MNF

Whomever it could be, I just hope they bring a different style of defense to the team. Regardless of who is under center, the out score them philosophy just increases my blood pressure throughout the course of a game.

For those who keep stating how Jim Caldwell is a good coach. Let us assume he unfairly is fired at the end of the season. Which team is going to grab him? I have heard over and over from the media (Bob Kravitz's favorite topic) that Caldwell is on the hot seat, so which teams are talking about hiring him as the savior to the team? Just curious.