Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A nothing day

oldunclemark

I thought there were a lot of good things for the future like Cribbs, Purifoy, Moncrief, and Boom... as well as the overall way the defense looked and played. Vontae was scary good. The o-line was the opposite.

Lots of good. Not saying we looked that good, or that Jax is very good.  But we have to remember that they beat a pretty good Browns team a few weeks ago.  

Still, have to straighten out that O line.

Lots of good. Not saying we looked that good, or that Jax is very good.  But we have to remember that they beat a pretty good Browns team a few weeks ago.  

Still, have to straighten out that O line.

I'm all for permanently benching Thornton and never letting Reitz play OT again.

Reitz looked better at G.  Hopefully Cherilus is back next week.

I'd still like to see Holmes play.  Now that he's supposedly a guard, maybe he'll get a shot.

I agree Reitz is fine at guard. If Cherilus can get healthy he can be good. Thornton really is the weakest link on the line right now.

I did enjoy seeing Boom get solid playing time and seeing what Cribbs could do. Besides those and TY, it was very much "meh."

I didn't get to watch the game -- from hearing Pagano's post-game and from looking at the box score, it appears like Cribbs showed more explosiveness than Griff, but I can't know for sure without having seen the game.

Played jacksonville enough said they should of dominated them from the start. I want them to play lights out against a quality team and not get put on their butts

Ahhhh... never noticed it was Jacksonville. I thought it was still New England.

We beat them and head to head matchups are first. We are 7-4 and they are 5-6.

That just gives you a temporary tie breaker (with a 2 game lead) until we play them again. Example... Colts lose to Texana and Tenn and win the rest of their games. They finish 4-2 in division and 10-6. Texans win out. They finish 5-1 in the division and 10-6 over all. Texans make up 2 games on Colts and win the division. So where's the 3 game lead ?

That just gives you a temporary tie breaker (with a 2 game lead) until we play them again. Example... Colts lose to Texana and Tenn and win the rest of their games. They finish 4-2 in division and 10-6. Texans win out. They finish 5-1 in the division and 10-6 over all. Texans make up 2 games on Colts and win the division. So where's the 3 game lead ?

OK. 2.5 games. We haven't lost to the Texans so the example is invalid. 

OK. 2.5 games. We haven't lost to the Texans so the example is invalid. 

It's 2 games with a tie breaker. There just is no such thing (unless there's a tie) as a 2.5 game lead when both teams have played the same amount of games. The talking heads call it that but I can't help it ... it's incorrect. Once again if you go back to she scenario I gave you , wr would lose the division not win it by the "mystical "1/2 game. If we had beaten them twice at this point in the season , it would be a 3 game lead .  As it stands now , it's a 2 game lead with the Colts presently holding the tie breaker.

??   So they lose and the sky is falling...  they win and ???  blah..

Colt fans are WAY TOO SPOILED.         Wow.......

except for TY Hilton..

We played Jax...Should have beaten Jax. Did..

We weren't great but we dont want or need to play great against Jacksonville

2-game divison lead with 5 to play///

Really...a forgettable day

Im truly sorry some of you did not enjoy beating a division opponent, in front of a loud sellout home crowd, in decisive fashion. To me, any win in the NFL is a big deal. The Jags had two weeks to do nothing but prepare for the Colts. We got their best shot and still easily covered a 14 point spread. TY's TD, the goaline stand, and Cribbs almost TD stand out. Learn to enjoy it, it never lasts forever (unless you're new england)

Ahhhh... never noticed it was Jacksonville. I thought it was still New England.

Was not trying to be rude just saying.  I want to see the offense and defense put a good quality game together against a good team and not for everyone to say how good they played against a team they should of dominated from the beginning, And if we all look at it this game it was not a barn burner from a offensive standpoint they struggled the entire first half by missing assignments and or just flat out getting out manned, Yes I want them to get all these bad games out of the way in which they act so clueless on both side of the ball before playoffs starts. 

Was not trying to be rude just saying.  I want to see the offense and defense put a good quality game together against a good team and not for everyone to say how good they played against a team they should of dominated from the beginning, And if we all look at it this game it was not a barn burner from a offensive standpoint they struggled the entire first half by missing assignments and or just flat out getting out manned, Yes I want them to get all these bad games out of the way in which they act so clueless on both side of the ball before playoffs starts. 

Neither was I. My only point is you can only beat who you play. We'll need to play better vs the teams like Denver and NE, but it is what it is.

Neither was I. My only point is you can only beat who you play. We'll need to play better vs the teams like Denver and NE, but it is what it is.

Yea your right you must beat the team in front of you no matter who it is and by all means a division win is important and a win is a win, Really hope they can start on executing better before the playoffs start

I didn't get to watch the game -- from hearing Pagano's post-game and from looking at the box score, it appears like Cribbs showed more explosiveness than Griff, but I can't know for sure without having seen the game.

He did.  First return was out the 35 or so.  He also had a punt return TD called back.  

Im truly sorry some of you did not enjoy beating a division opponent, in front of a loud sellout home crowd, in decisive fashion. To me, any win in the NFL is a big deal. The Jags had two weeks to do nothing but prepare for the Colts. We got their best shot and still easily covered a 14 point spread. TY's TD, the goaline stand, and Cribbs almost TD stand out. Learn to enjoy it, it never lasts forever (unless you're new england)

It don't fit into the sky is falling mentality.