Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Arthur Jones WILL play Sunday against Jaguars

TKnight24

Yeah, but Sunday will be perfect practice for him against the low Jags. Can't leave him on the bench until the playoffs. Gotta knock that rust off

oh I agree....I meant not bringing him back against the Pats if he's not ready and risking further injury long term. But if he's healthy get him out there.

oh I agree....I meant not bringing him back against the Pats if he's not ready and risking further injury long term. But if he's healthy get him out there.

Oh, misunderstanding on my end. Definitely agree. Don't need anyone rushing back. There's enough depth on this team to last us, well for most positions

Personally I would have him rest another week and be ready to go for the browns.  My head will burst if he gets injured again because he isn't ready to come back. 

Another bone I have to pick, since he was our biggest acquistion in the offseason he hasn't lived up to they hype (because he was injured), how come I haven't heard those ruthless fans talk about how he has been a letdown?   Not that I want to hear it, but I think it's kinda strange, how people bash Landry, Toler, Richardson, Nicks  among other players for having a big name but not living up to the hype.  Why hasn't any1 put Art Jones in the hot seat?  Does he get a free pass because he wasn't playing?  Toler, Landry, and Richardson were all banged up last year.  When they came back, still struggled from their injury, and were all put on blast for it!  Why is Jones any different?

Personally I would have him rest another week and be ready to go for the browns.  My head will burst if he gets injured again because he isn't ready to come back. 

Another bone I have to pick, since he was our biggest acquistion in the offseason he hasn't lived up to they hype (because he was injured), how come I haven't heard those ruthless fans talk about how he has been a letdown?   Not that I want to hear it, but I think it's kinda strange, how people bash Landry, Toler, Richardson, Nicks  among other players for having a big name but not living up to the hype.  Why hasn't any1 put Art Jones in the hot seat?  Does he get a free pass because he wasn't playing?  Toler, Landry, and Richardson were all banged up last year.  When they came back, still struggled from their injury, and were all put on blast for it!  Why is Jones any different?

There has been a few posts bashing him but not to the usual levels,  we haven't seen enough of Jones either way really. 

He mentioned in an interview that high ankle sprains are tricky and it's better to break your ankle. :scratch:  Not sure if I agree with him there.

I've heard this from watching basketball over the years.  It just lingers on and players try to come back too soon, among

other things.  They just never fully recover without rest (read: offseason).

It's actually good to get him going now. We have a few weeks remaining before the playoffs and he will have to get into game shape. Also, we may need him to play to actually get into the playoffs since nothing is guaranteed, even though we play in the soft AFC South. Let's see if we can actually "run the ball, and stop the run" during our playoff push.

He mentioned in an interview that high ankle sprains are tricky and it's better to break your ankle. :scratch:  Not sure if I agree with him there.

WHAT? I beg to differ. Luke Joeckel broke his ankle in Week 5, had surgery, and was put on IR last year. Marcedes Lewis sprained his ankle in Week 2 and was designated to return Sunday. I know soft tissue injuries are more variable in healing time, but come on, how can anybody seriously believe ankle sprains are worse than fractures to weight-bearing bones?

Of course, I am not downplaying the severity of an injury that forced Jones to leave the field on a cart. I saw it happen and it looked awful.

The entire Jags game plan should just be put an extra O-Lineman on the end and handoff the ball, and run the same play over and over. 

This is not the same team that ran 375 yards. The Jaguars have no extra offensive linemen or Pro Bowl-worthy running backs. I am worried about this game.

If Jones practiced all week with no setbacks, I would not object to letting him play part time. However Chuck Pagano would be smart to not keep him out there on every play against the Jaguars.

Calling him a bust now would be stupid because he played less than two games this season. All of those other guys had chances to show what they can and can't do. Jones could be very good for the Colts when he is healthy. It is just unfortunate that he suffered a severe injury in his second game as a Colt. You can't blame that on him. Injuries are part of football. But if it turns out he struggles on the field next season, you can start to wonder if he was worth the amount of money the Colts are paying him.

He mentioned in an interview that high ankle sprains are tricky and it's better to break your ankle. :scratch: Not sure if I agree with him there.

I'm recovering from a broken ankle right now. Broke it and shifted it out of place back in August. I'm walking now. Been walking since Nov. 6. Got a bit of a limp but physical therapy has been good to me.

I'm recovering from a broken ankle right now. Broke it and shifted it out of place back in August. I'm walking now. Been walking since Nov. 6. Got a bit of a limp but physical therapy has been good to me.

Yeah. I feel like you're worse off breaking the ankle. Have to heal and relearn to walk/put pressure on that foot.

Yeah. I feel like you're worse off breaking the ankle. Have to heal and relearn to walk/put pressure on that foot.

Yep,pretty much sums up my experience in these last few months. Like I was born again and had to start from scratch

Except this time I'm 6'4 240 when I came out the womb haha

WHAT? I beg to differ. Luke Joeckel broke his ankle in Week 5, had surgery, and was put on IR last year. Marcedes Lewis sprained his ankle in Week 2 and was designated to return Sunday. I know soft tissue injuries are more variable in healing time, but come on, how can anybody seriously believe ankle sprains are worse than fractures to weight-bearing bones?

Of course, I am not downplaying the severity of an injury that forced Jones to leave the field on a cart. I saw it happen and it looked awful.

This is not the same team that ran 375 yards. The Jaguars have no extra offensive linemen or Pro Bowl-worthy running backs. I am worried about this game.

If Jones practiced all week with no setbacks, I would not object to letting him play part time. However Chuck Pagano would be smart to not keep him out there on every play against the Jaguars.

Calling him a bust now would be stupid because he played less than two games this season. All of those other guys had chances to show what they can and can't do. Jones could be very good for the Colts when he is healthy. It is just unfortunate that he suffered a severe injury in his second game as a Colt. You can't blame that on him. Injuries are part of football. But if it turns out he struggles on the field next season, you can start to wonder if he was worth the amount of money the Colts are paying him.

Right but LaRon Landry was the leading tackler after 2 or 3 games last year then got injured and struggled, no1 let him off the hook.  Same w/ Toler.  Richardson  was learning his 3rd playbook in 2 seasons, got surprised with an unexpected trade in the beginning of the season when he thought he was Cleveland's franchise player.  Then had to go play behind a terrible O-line.  All of those players took unfair criticism.  I'm not saying any of them deserve it, I just thought it was strange.

Personally I would have him rest another week and be ready to go for the browns. My head will burst if he gets injured again because he isn't ready to come back.

Another bone I have to pick, since he was our biggest acquistion in the offseason he hasn't lived up to they hype (because he was injured), how come I haven't heard those ruthless fans talk about how he has been a letdown? Not that I want to hear it, but I think it's kinda strange, how people bash Landry, Toler, Richardson, Nicks among other players for having a big name but not living up to the hype. Why hasn't any1 put Art Jones in the hot seat? Does he get a free pass because he wasn't playing? Toler, Landry, and Richardson were all banged up last year. When they came back, still struggled from their injury, and were all put on blast for it! Why is Jones any different?