Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cardinals are the best team in the league...

bap1331

I really think right now its...

1. Cardinals

and then a far distance here:

2. Rams

3. Patriots

4. Packers

and then another huge gap...

5. Broncos

6. Colts

I think the Cardinals are a better version of the 2013 Seahawks. I dont see Peyton or Brady having the slightest chance against the Rams or Cardinals because their defense will score regardless of whether the offense does or not. Peyton and Brady cannot escape the pocket and im sure the Rams and Cards will do much better against the run like the Pats did against the Broncos and definitely the Colts...

Who do I think can beat the Rams and Cardinals? A guy who can easily move out of the pocket and extend the defense to get tired none other than Andrew Luck. Luck exposed the Seahawks defense last year and all that is holding him back is his own defense. If the running game can be consistent or somehow produce, they have a great chance against those teams.

If you really look at it, Brady doesnt really do much against the Colts. The defense got 2 interceptions and Brady knows the weakness is the run defense so he just gave Gray the ball. Last year it rained so all he did was give Blount the ball. He didnt do much on passing but when he rarely did, it was because the defense was so tired out.

i mean the score was 10-13 on halftime and people only look at the end...

Cardinals are the 2nd most overrated team in the league. (1st is Atlanta of course)

Remember when GB went 15-1 and went one and done in the playoffs a few years ago?

Denver was 13-3 and a powerhouse in 2012 and they went one and done, same thing with the Pats in 2010 (14-2 and out from the JETS) or even the Panthers from last year who unexpectedly went 12-4 and got beat to a pulp in the first round.

Statistically, they have only scored 30 or more points in one game, they and ranked in the bottom 3 in rushing offense, and while their defense is good, they are still ranked in the bottom 5 against the pass.

Good thing they have played a relatively weak schedule so far. Their 3 best opponents were the Lions, the weak pathetic Philly defense, and Denver.

Seattle is going to crush them in a few days.

One and done in the playoffs.

1. Cardinals

2. Rams

3. Patriots

4. Packers

5. Broncos

6. Colts

I think the Cardinals are a better version of the 2013 Seahawks. I dont see Peyton or Brady having the slightest chance against the Rams or Cardinals because their defense will score regardless of whether the offense does or not. Peyton and Brady cannot escape the pocket and im sure the Rams and Cards will do much better against the run like the Pats did against the Broncos and definitely the Colts...

Who do I think can beat the Rams and Cardinals? A guy who can easily move out of the pocket and extend the defense to get tired none other than Andrew Luck. Luck exposed the Seahawks defense last year and all that is holding him back is his own defense. If the running game can be consistent or somehow produce, they have a great chance against those teams.

If you really look at it, Brady doesnt really do much against the Colts. The defense got 2 interceptions and Brady knows the weakness is the run defense so he just gave Gray the ball. Last year it rained so all he did was give Blount the ball. He didnt do much on passing but when he rarely did, it was because the defense was so tired out.

Best teams?? Hmm

1. Arizona -- keep winning with THREE different starting QB's I don't think I have ever seen a team do that!! But they are beatable, Denver absolutely destroyed their D.

2. NE -- playing the best football in the AFC. The D can be run on, and I am not sure if that's been fixed.

3. GB -- Rogers has been scary good and their D has improved. Last 2 weeks they have totally man handled good teams.

4. Denver - great all around team but appears to have a fatal flaw as they fair poorly when smacked in the mouth, all three losses came against physical D's and in the playoffs this could kill them.

5. Indy -- great O but D is inconsistent be interesting see how the D responds after being gashed for over 250 yrds on the ground last week.

Funny thing is outside of Arizona the other four teams are in a fight for their division still. Hell GB still behind the Lions who IMO are no where near as good as them.

Best teams?? Hmm

1. Arizona -- keep winning with THREE different starting QB's I don't think I have ever seen a team do that!! But they are beatable, Denver absolutely destroyed their D.

2. NE -- playing the best football in the AFC. The D can be run on, and I am not sure if that's been fixed.

3. GB -- Rogers has been scary good and their D has improved. Last 2 weeks they have totally man handled good teams.

4. Denver - great all around team but appears to have a fatal flaw as they fair poorly when smacked in the mouth, all three losses came against physical D's and in the playoffs this could kill them.

5. Indy -- great O but D is inconsistent be interesting see how the D responds after being gashed for over 250 yrds on the ground last week.

Funny thing is outside of Arizona the other four teams are in a fight for their division still. Hell GB still behind the Lions who IMO are no where near as good as them.

Did you miss the last two Patriots game and their rush defense?

Denver went 17 for 43 yards and a fumble

Colts went 16 for 19 yards and 15 of that came from Luck.

Did you miss the last two Patriots game and their rush defense?

Denver went 17 for 43 yards and a fumble

Colts went 16 for 19 yards and 15 of that came from Luck.

Neither team would be confused w a good running team like KC, Seatle, Miami etc. if they stay like this after GB then I am sold till then the jury is out.

Patriots are the best team right now.

I do think the Packers, even if they lose the regular season meeting vs the Pats, will have the advantage of having played them before if they do end up meeting in the SB, IMO.

Broncos of 2005, Colts of 2006, Giants of 2007, Ravens of 2009, Jets of 2010, Giants of 2011, Ravens of 2012, Broncos of 2013, what do they have in common, they all played the Patriots once in the regular season before beating them in the playoffs. Belichick used to have an outstanding record against teams that he plays a second time in the playoffs till 2004. It has not been the case since 2005. 

Maybe Belichick has a defense capable of going back to those pre-2005 record while playing a team again, that can be the only thing that puts them over the top.

@chad I agree the one difference IMO is this team has a vastly superior secondary, the best the pats have had since 2004 with lawyer,law, and I think Samual? Don't remember the other CB lol. That IMO may be the thing puts the team over the hump FINALLY lol

I just hope you get out of the Lions game without any major injuries, something tells me that D can tend to play a tad dirty. It is mighty hard, it seems like nowadays to go an entire season without any major injuries.

I just hope you get out of the Lions game without any major injuries, something tells me that D can tend to play a tad dirty. It is mighty hard, it seems like nowadays to go an entire season without any major injuries.

Injuries hurt any of those 5 teams, for the pats it's Brady,Gronk,Revis,Wilfolk the 4 OMG we are screwed type guys lol

Neither team would be confused w a good running team like KC, Seatle, Miami etc. if they stay like this after GB then I am sold till then the jury is out.

Yes. They need to continue to prove it against the good run teams. Lions will be a good challenge as well as the Packers, Fins and Jets down the stretch.

rams? what are you smoking

have you not noticed that the Rams beat 4 power house teams already? Im a strong believer that defense wins these championships. You never see a single team winning the super bowl where the defense was bad. They said Peyton probably had the best offense of all time last year and look what happened.

And then in 2002 Raiders vs Bucs. It was the best offense in the league against the best defense in the league..defenses will always prevail no matter how many weapons the Patriots have. All they need to do is pressure Brady and its over. He doesnt like being touched. And im sure the Rams and never the less Cardinals... would do a much better job than the Colts D and the Broncos D...

the 2007 and 2011 Giants did it...Gronk choked at the end...

Cardinals are the 2nd most overrated team in the league. (1st is Atlanta of course)

Remember when GB went 15-1 and went one and done in the playoffs a few years ago?

Denver was 13-3 and a powerhouse in 2012 and they went one and done, same thing with the Pats in 2010 (14-2 and out from the JETS) or even the Panthers from last year who unexpectedly went 12-4 and got beat to a pulp in the first round.

Statistically, they have only scored 30 or more points in one game, they and ranked in the bottom 3 in rushing offense, and while their defense is good, they are still ranked in the bottom 5 against the pass.

Good thing they have played a relatively weak schedule so far. Their 3 best opponents were the Lions, the weak pathetic Philly defense, and Denver.

Seattle is going to crush them in a few days.

One and done in the playoffs.

I normally don't agree with you but you're spot on . Maybe it's just me but I haven't been on the Cardinals bandwagon all season , I just don't see it with them . They remind me of the Packers of 2011 just like you mentioned and I won't be surprised if they're one and done divisional round . I don't even think they'll end up the 1 seed when it's all said it done . I think it will be Greenbay if they beat the Patriots .

As far as who's the best team I hate to say it but it's the Pats at the moment . I still need to see more from NE on the road against winning teams , but as for now I'll give them a slight edge as the best team in the conference to go to Arizona if they get home field.

have you not noticed that the Rams beat 4 power house teams already? Im a strong believer that defense wins these championships. You never see a single team winning the super bowl where the defense was bad. They said Peyton probably had the best offense of all time last year and look what happened.

And then in 2002 Raiders vs Bucs. It was the best offense in the league against the best defense in the league..defenses will always prevail no matter how many weapons the Patriots have. All they need to do is pressure Brady and its over. He doesnt like being touched. And im sure the Rams and never the less Cardinals... would do a much better job than the Colts D and the Broncos D...

The Bucs are a power house team?

Rams have four wins total. And still have to play at SD, at Seattle and home vs the Cards. They are not making the playoffs. Their division is too tough. They would need to basically win out or go 5-1 to have a chance.

Pressure Brady, huh? Pretty sure that is what the Colts did for a half forcing two picks and still the Pats dominated. I think you have to realize that this team might be the least reliant on Brady to win in years. The success of the team does not rise and fall with him. They can run, they can play great defense. That is what wins championships. This is Bill's best secondary since the Law/Harrison years.

Arizona is like KC last year. Except Stanton is not even as good as Smith. They have a tough schedule coming up with lots of divisional games. They could easily go from a bye to a wild card. I don't know how Arians is doing it with all the different Qbs but credit to him to have them in this position. I still like GB on the NFC and maybe the Cowboys too. 

Arizona is like KC last year. Except Stanton is not even as good as Smith. They have a tough schedule coming up with lots of divisional games. They could easily go from a bye to a wild card. I don't know how Arians is doing it with all the different Qbs but credit to him to have them in this position. I still like GB on the NFC and maybe the Cowboys too.

1. Cardinals

2. Rams

3. Patriots

4. Packers

5. Broncos

6. Colts

They are not even close to 2013 Seahawks and they are not the best team.

Packers to me are the front runners.

Arizona is a balanced team with a great defense.

NE is a balanced team with one of the best QB's to ever play instead of an injury roulette wheel.

I'll take the Patriots.

NE

-

Cards

Packers (Mostly in part of their QB. The overall team is nothing special, Rodgahs carries them hard.)

-

Everyone else besides the 4 named below.

Jets, Oakland, TB and Jax

1. Cardinals

2. Rams

3. Patriots

4. Packers

5. Broncos

6. Colts

So,  I see you're from another country and new to American Football?

Yikes that's a really bizarre list you've made there.    Really bizarre.

I'm fully prepared to see the Cardinals lose their next two games. That's just the way this season is going. As soon as you think a team is better than everyone else, it seems like they get knocked down a peg.

If not for Palmer getting hurt, I'd be looking at the Cardinals as the favorite to win the NFC. 

I'm fully prepared to see the Cardinals lose their next two games. That's just the way this season is going. As soon as you think a team is better than everyone else, it seems like they get knocked down a peg.

If not for Palmer getting hurt, I'd be looking at the Cardinals as the favorite to win the NFC.

I agree.

I'm impressed with AZ, and I think Arians(?) their HC should win coach of the year for doing this with THREE different QB's.

Also I say they lose this week, but wouldn't be shocked if they stunned the hawks. The hawks been wildly inconsistent and well Wilson been average at best.

too bad Palmer went down . . . when a team has a good run it is a shame to see their QB go down, especially when they have not had much success in their team history, to have a good run mitigated by an injured starting QB is disappointing . . .

The team has a chance to prove all of its doubters wrong in the next few weeks . . . their remaining schedule is 2 SEAs, SF, STL, KC, ATL . . .

They have already beaten SF.  . . not too worried about the ATL game . . . the KC game is at home so that will help . . .

I am not sold on Seattle this year so this weekend's game should be interesting . . .

As for GB they do seem like a good team, they still have Detroit and NE on their schedule with that game against Detroit at Lambeau in the last game of the season likely going to decide the division, if Detroit wins that game they would the tiebreaker against GB requiring the latter to have to beat them via the record . . . I know GB is a popular choice when it comes to the playoffs, but they have only won one playoff game in the 4 years outside of their SB run . . . so we will see what happens come January with respect to the packers . . .  

too bad Palmer went down . . . when a team has a good run it is a shame to see their QB go down, especially when they have not had much success in their team history, to have a good run mitigated by an injured starting QB is disappointing . . .

The team has a chance to prove all of its doubters wrong in the next few weeks . . . their remaining schedule is 2 SEAs, SF, STL, KC, ATL . . .

They have already beaten SF.  . . not too worried about the ATL game . . . the KC game is at home so that will help . . .

I am not sold on Seattle this year so this weekend's game should be interesting . . .

As for GB they do seem like a good team, they still have Detroit and NE on their schedule with that game against Detroit at Lambeau in the last game of the season likely going to decide the division, if Detroit wins that game they would the tiebreaker against GB requiring the latter to have to beat them via the record . . . I know GB is a popular choice when it comes to the playoffs, but they have only won one playoff game in the 4 years outside of their SB run . . . so we will see what happens come January with respect to the packers . . .  

They have to be hoping the Niners don't make it in as they have beaten them the last couple times in the post-season and seem to have their number in general.

They have to be hoping the Niners don't make it in as they have beaten them the last couple times in the post-season and seem to have their number in general.

yah the 49ers could be scary for anyone if they get in and get their act together . . . but yah I can see how GB might be worried . . .