Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RGIII blaming teammates for Redskins loss?

ReMeDy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rg3-throws-redskins-teammates-under-bus-after-his-own-bad-game-032315004.html

RG3 said the Redskins, "Can’t throw knives and stab each other in the back... It takes 11 men, It doesn’t take one guy, and that’s proven. If you want to look at the good teams in this league and the great quarterbacks, the Peytons and the Aaron Rodgers, those guys don’t play well if their guys don’t play well... We need everybody. I need every one of those guys in that locker room, and I know they’re looking at me saying the same thing.”

He had six sacks and two INT's that game in a home loss to the abysmal Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I can't speak for the INT's, but I can promise Andrew Luck wouldn't have taken those sacks. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG3's accuracy has gone down the toilet on his mid range throws. The first year, he had one read option and then one pass read, and once teams caught on to it, he could not do anymore. If he was anywhere close to the talent that the pundits (and yahoo fantasy) hyped him out to be, then he could have dominated that Bucs' defense.

That's not something a leader says. I am so glad the Colts didn't draft him. There will be down points with Luck ( like tonight even if it wasn't his fault.) but at least you know you can count on Luck to be a leader. Every Sunday it becomes more and more clear the Colts made the right choice in going with Luck over RG3 or rebuilding with Peyton.

He may be looking for a new home soon, and it might be beneficial for both player and team. The question is will they make such a move after giving up so much?

what would be funny is if the Rams trade for him and end up with him in the end. Still I think Snyder loves him too much to give up on him.

what would be funny is if the Rams trade for him and end up with him in the end. Still I think Snyder loves him too much to give up on him.

You are right. I think it is safe to say that Dan Snyder took over for Al Davis as head of the crazy department when he kicked the bucket. Do they even have a first round pick yet after moving up to snag RGIII, or do the Rams still have one left? I'm too lazy to look, hehehe.

You are right. I think it is safe to say that Dan Snyder took over for Al Davis as head of the crazy department when he kicked the bucket. Do they even have a first round pick yet after moving up to snag RGIII, or do the Rams still have one left? I'm too lazy to look, hehehe.

The Rams are paid in full

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rg3-throws-redskins-teammates-under-bus-after-his-own-bad-game-032315004.html

RG3 said the Redskins, "Can’t throw knives and stab each other in the back... It takes 11 men, It doesn’t take one guy, and that’s proven. If you want to look at the good teams in this league and the great quarterbacks, the Peytons and the Aaron Rodgers, those guys don’t play well if their guys don’t play well... We need everybody. I need every one of those guys in that locker room, and I know they’re looking at me saying the same thing.”

He had six sacks and two INT's that game in a home loss to the abysmal Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I can't speak for the INT's, but I can promise Andrew Luck wouldn't have taken those sacks. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

I saw some of that interview and was thinking I was hearing it wrong or had maybe missed something in transition. First of all I watched that game and he was horrible . However if I were Daniel Snyder , that interview would bother me more than that abysmal performance.

That's not something a leader says. I am so glad the Colts didn't draft him. There will be down points with Luck ( like tonight even if it wasn't his fault.) but at least you know you can count on Luck to be a leader. Every Sunday it becomes more and more clear the Colts made the right choice in going with Luck over RG3 or rebuilding with Peyton.

I don't believe the Colts ever considered drafting him over Luck. I'm thankful we had the tiebreaker for the # 1 pick (same record as Rams) in that draft

When "the leader: says crap t like that it only means he has lost everything. No confidence, no desire and no ability to get the job done. His title for the future is "The Backup Kid" and he will be out of the NFL sooner than he will ever admit. He never had it and he never will.

I really think that's being taken out of context.  To me, as I'm reading it, all I'm seeing is a guy who is placing the blame on himself as much as his teammates.  I didn't see the interview though, so I could be wrong.  Maybe he could have worded it differently, but I just don't see a guy throwing his team under the bus based on the quoted comments alone. 

I really think that's being taken out of context.  To me, as I'm reading it, all I'm seeing is a guy who is placing the blame on himself as much as his teammates.  I didn't see the interview though, so I could be wrong.  Maybe he could have worded it differently, but I just don't see a guy throwing his team under the bus based on the quoted comments alone. 

Evidently Jay Gruden sees it a little differently than you. I didn't see the interview , but I read that Gruden said " Robert should worry about himself and let me worry about the other 52 guys."

Evidently Jay Gruden sees it a little differently than you. I didn't see the interview , but I read that Gruden said " Robert should worry about himself and let me worry about the other 52 guys."

Well then perhaps I interpreted it wrongly.  Can't be good if the coach is correcting you on comments you made I suppose.  Like I said, he could...and probably should have worded it differently.

Well then perhaps I interpreted it wrongly.  Can't be good if the coach is correcting you on comments you made I suppose.  Like I said, he could...and probably should have worded it differently.

Probably in all fairness to RG3  the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I read where he said the sacks were on him and he felt he didn't see the field as well as he should have. He probably meant to infer that even if he had played better , they would have lost anyway as it takes a team effort to win. Probably said some things that didn't go down right and should not have commented on other players' poor performance . I mean if I were Snyder , I would have my head in the toilet puking my guts out right now. But I foe one may have "jumped the gun" a bit when I said he 'threw his team under the bus" and blamed them for his bad game. Sounded a bit like that but probably not what he was really trying to say.

if that were true since he owned the team and has said he made the decision on what to do at the QB spot he would have RG3.

(A quick aside on a question that's been posed and heretofore unanswered: If the Colts had beaten the Jaguars that day and ended up with the second pick in the draft, would they have drafted Robert Griffin III and let Manning go?

Irsay said yes.

He would have drafted RGIII, but put him in a less run-happy offense. "I wouldn't have exposed him to injury in the same way they have in Washington," Irsay said. "My philosophy on quarterbacks is, first and foremost, you've got to keep them healthy and on the field.''

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/03/01/jim-irsay-colts-owner-peyton-manning-andrew-luck-rg3/1957267/

Can ESPN finally fire Skip Bayless now.  His boys RGIII and Tebow have been disasters and his whipping boy Luck is doing quite well.

Seriously though, RGIII has got to be alienating himself from his teammates.  I can't even imagine Luck saying garbage like this.  The Redskins are a dumpster fire.

Irsay wanted RG3 over Peyton, just saying.

You just make that up? I have never heard that before. I don't recall Irsay making any comment about who was going to be taken till the 1st pick was in hand. Irsay made the call before Manning was released and I never heard RG3s name mentioned.

You said Luck over RGIII or rebuilding with Manning. It wasn't Luck or Manning like you're statement. It was Luck first, RGIII second, Manning third.

Correct, I said they made the right choice in going with Luck over drafting RG3 or rebuilding with Manning.  Nothing you said disputes that or suggests that Irsay wanted RG3 over Luck which was my point.  Going with Luck was the right call of the three options.  Which was option B and which was option C really has nothing to do with what I said.   

RG3's accuracy has gone down the toilet on his mid range throws. The first year, he had one read option and then one pass read, and once teams caught on to it, he could not do anymore. If he was anywhere close to the talent that the pundits (and yahoo fantasy) hyped him out to be, then he could have dominated that Bucs' defense.

I’ve never seen such a selfish kid, even when he tries taking the blame he still wants to point fingers. This is the second regime he has alienated and Gruden hasn’t been there 12 months yet.

To you point chad, the Kyle Shannahan offense really did wonders for him. Very similar to what it has done for Brian Hoyer this year. They are both very average throwers, neither has accuracy, but the zone run and the read option for RG III created hueg throwing windows where guys were running wide open. Now that he has to play QB from the pockets it has exposed fundamental flaws in his game and Gruden put him on blast for it.

The bottom line, for someone playing so poorly he needs to keep his mouth shut. It doesn’t matter who the coach is, if you lose your team mates, you’re done. 

It was funny I saw some montage of QB's on NFL network . . . 

It shows RG3 saying that even the elite QB's like Peyton don't play well when their teammates don't play well.

Then it shows Peyton saying that he let his team down.

I don't know if they intended that or not but it was pretty hilarious. 

RG3 still doesn't have the mindset to be a good QB, he doesn't take responsibility.  It's always someone else's fault even when it's not.  

On the other hand guys like Luck and Peyton take responsibility and they often say it's their fault even when it's not.  

This seems to have really turned into an ugly mess. RG3 is going to be playing with monster pressure going forward. I don't think I've every heard a HC say so many bad things about his QB in the 55 years I've been following football. Like I said earlier , Snyder has to have his head over the toilet puking.

Here ya go .. it's just a couple minutes of Jay Gruden pretty much saying RG3 stinks very badly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000429995/article/gruden-rgiii-not-even-close-to-good-enough-vs-bucs

This seems to have really turned into an ugly mess. RG3 is going to be playing with monster pressure going forward. I don't think I've every heard a HC say so many bad things about his QB in the 55 years I've been following football. Like I said earlier , Snyder has to have his head over the toilet puking.

Here ya go .. it's just a couple minutes of Jay Gruden pretty much saying RG3 stinks very badly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000429995/article/gruden-rgiii-not-even-close-to-good-enough-vs-bucs

Very pointed comments to say the least. Jay seems very frustrated with him and I think that is seeping out. You look for your QB to be a leader and for RG to perform the way he did AND criticize his teammates may have been the tipping point. 

I agree with you though, I have never heard a HC be so harsh with his QB and so specific too. Not sure if that was smart by Gruden. He had said Robert needs to learn to keep things in house and then he hangs him out to dry.