Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Luck fare better 2nd time around vs. Pats?

LordHelpOurColts

Well this will be their 3rd meeting and in the 2nd meeting luck didn't fair much better then he did the 1st time. With the Game being indy this time and a better defense and run game for the Colts hopefully the out come will be different.

Every game is it's own entity & I don't put much stock in previous encounters with a familiar foe. Just be aggressive & never let up.

It's 1 of the reasons I respect NE as an adversary: They know when to symbolically step on an opponent's throat & slam the door shut. Luck knows what he must fix & he will do just that. 

Can we just kick off already? "Let it roll, let it roll, let it roll!" 

My thoughts are this.  We got the game within reach in the playoffs last year against them.  And that was in NE, with a depleted Colts team.  Sure, Gronk is back.  But we have also gotten much better and this is in Indy.  So I think the Colts win this time if they run the ball effectively and don't throw into Bellicheats hands.

My thoughts are this.  We got the game within reach in the playoffs last year against them.  And that was in NE, with a depleted Colts team.  Sure, Gronk is back.  But we have also gotten much better and this is in Indy.  So I think the Colts win this time if they run the ball effectively and don't throw into Bellicheats hands.

The running game is HUGE! and people dont understand that. Luck didnt have a running game the first 2 meetings. The biggest mistake teams make against the Patriots is rushing to score. Theyve gotta keep him off the field as much as possible since its what gets him out of tune.

The running game is HUGE! and people dont understand that. Luck didnt have a running game the first 2 meetings. The biggest mistake teams make against the Patriots is rushing to score. Theyve gotta keep him off the field as much as possible since its what gets him out of tune.

the biggest issue is forcing throws down the field instead of taking what they give you.The pats feed off of turnovers.

I think we'll be fine as long as we don't get one dimensional to the point where we are chucking the ball up 45 to 50 times.

The Patriots are not the best in the world against the run.  I think we should make very respectable attempts at running

the football to keep things balanced out.  I'm very sure we can beat this team as long as we are not turning the ball over.

In a lot of ways, you could look at it as Billichik vs. Luck.  Because Billichik will make in-game adjustments through his coordinator and Luck has a few of those "what in the heck was he thinking" plays each game, it generally spells doom for Luck.  Look, Billichik is a genius, there's no two ways to slice it up.  It could be a very rough day for Luck as much as I'm crossing my fingers for a different result.