Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivalry Week Against The Patriots

ColtStronger

I want to take a second, from all of the heated debates going around, to hopefully brighten the mood.  So I pose the question, what is the most memorable moment/game from the Colts/Patirots rivalry?

My favorite was the AFC Championship game the year we won the Super Bowl.  Two moments that stuck out was when Peyton threw the TD pass to Dan Klecko, and hearing the announcer, "JACKSON INTERCEPTS THE PASS, AND WERE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!"

Please share any thoughts or stories on any great wins/hearbreaking losses over the years of this intense rivalry!

Brady's temper tantrums whether it be sitting moping on the end of there bench all alone screaming at his teammates or the classic Brady kicking over the cooler .

I have alot of respect for Brady as a player, and as cool he is during 4th quarter comebacks, I've seen him have meltdowns, just like you're mentioning.  I cannot help but to laugh.  I may be wrong, but I've never seen Peyton act that way, and as short as Luck's career has been this far, he hasn't either.  Even when the refs make terrible calls that cost Indy the game, Luck gracefully puts it upon his shoulders and takes the blame, with the reasoning that the game shouldn't be decided by one play.  That is what a true professional is about.  What a couple of classy and extremely talented QB's Colts fans have been privledged to enjoy... AND will continue to celebrate with.  I'm only 25 years old so I can't remember too much of Harbaugh's legacy and most certainly Unitas'.

I liked the 4th and two. Even though it didn't go the Patriots way it epitomized how they are as a team. Confident and willing to take risk...winners either way. That was a great game and really the SB. I was happy the Colts finally got to taste victory after having been slapped down so many times in the past.

I liked the 4th and two. Even though it didn't go the Patriots way it epitomized how they are as a team. Confident and willing to take risk...winners either way. That was a great game and really the SB. I was happy the Colts finally got to taste victory after having been slapped down so many times in the past.

The 4th and 2 game was in 2009 and a regular season game.  The Colts "tasted" victory much sooner in 2006 in the AFC CG. 

I have alot of respect for Brady as a player, and as cool he is during 4th quarter comebacks, I've seen him have meltdowns, just like you're mentioning.  I cannot help but to laugh.  I may be wrong, but I've never seen Peyton act that way, and as short as Luck's career has been this far, he hasn't either.  Even when the refs make terrible calls that cost Indy the game, Luck gracefully puts it upon his shoulders and takes the blame, with the reasoning that the game shouldn't be decided by one play.  That is what a true professional is about.  What a couple of classy and extremely talented QB's Colts fans have been privledged to enjoy... AND will continue to celebrate with.  I'm only 25 years old so I can't remember too much of Harbaugh's legacy and most certainly Unitas'.

Here are a couple for ya,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlrCH6gLQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngtMb7k3YeU

My favorite is anytime the Pats lose. Smug holes. 

Brady's temper tantrums whether it be sitting moping on the end of there bench all alone screaming at his teammates or the classic Brady kicking over the cooler .

Good job brightening the mood, guys..

But yeah, obviously the AFC Championship game. That was awesome. What would some Pats fan say for their favorite win against the Colts?

The one was this season when he played for the Broncos, he doesn't represent the Indianapolis Colts anymore!  I've seen more of his colorful personality since he went out west, but it really didn't happen in Indy.

The other w/ Jeff Saturday, you could label it in that category, but watch the ending again.  Peyton and Jeff were like brothers, and that type of criticism needs to happen between leaders.  Probably shouldn't have happened on the field, but that's testosterone and dedication at it's finest!  I don't see anything wrong with it, personally though.

One you forgot to mention... Youtube Dammit Donald.  Peyton is running for his life because D. Brown didn't pick up a blitz.  That was in game tho and I think that's all that was said.

Do you guys even remember the real rivalry with the Pats back when they were a divisional team to the Colts?

Brady, Manning, Brady, Manning, Brady, Manning. Those games bore me to death, but I thought for sure the Colts had some battles with these guys back when it was divisional.

Do you guys even remember the real rivalry with the Pats back when they were a divisional team to the Colts?

Brady, Manning, Brady, Manning, Brady, Manning. Those games bore me to death, but I thought for sure the Colts had some battles with these guys back when it was divisional.

,Both teams were pretty bad for the majority of the eighties and nineties.

Miami owned the division in the 80s and the Bills in the 90's. Pats and Colts were usually battling for last place. Kind of like when the Bills play the Jets now. Or the Jags and Titans.

What is your deal with Brady/Manning? I get the media hype can be nauseating especially for someone not a fan of either player or team but they have played some great, historic games. Just as a fan of football, I am not sure how you could not appreciate the rivalry and the quality of football from the QB position.

My wife is a dirty Patriot. The atmosphere in the house is starting to get a bit frosty. She's getting a bit antsy as she can't find her Brady jersey. I've hidden it in the oven, she'll never find it in there......

Well she better not heat the oven up because if that jersey is burnt you'll be the one in the oven.

My wife is a dirty Patriot. The atmosphere in the house is starting to get a bit frosty. She's getting a bit antsy as she can't find her Brady jersey. I've hidden it in the oven, she'll never find it in there......

Your wife is a Patriots fan?  I would divorce her immediately!! LOL just kidding, but in all reality the oven is a good place for that jersey, considering how he is gonna get burnt on Sunday...

Clearly your better half has better taste in football teams than she does in male companionship.  ;)

Back in the early 90s... can't remember exactly which year it was... there was a late-season Pats/Colts tilt that was mockingly dubbed "The Toilet Bowl" around these parts. It was a fierce battle with the winner escaping the fate of being last place in the AFC East!

I'm still a little foggy but not motivated enough to refresh my memory. Suit yourself and think what you like. I'm secure.   

I wouldn't expect you to give a flip on this.  And I do think you can be a fan without knowing the details of every game over the years. 

Just simply saying that I can completely understand how someone would question it when you confuse the 4th and 2 game with the one that put the Colts in the Super Bowl.  One was a playoff game, one was not.  One was in the 2006 postseason, one was in the 2009 regular season.  Pretty big swing and a miss there.

I wouldn't expect you to give a flip on this.  And I do think you can be a fan without knowing the details of every game over the years. 

Just simply saying that I can completely understand how someone would question it when you confuse the 4th and 2 game with the one that put the Colts in the Super Bowl.  One was a playoff game, one was not.  One was in the 2006 postseason, one was in the 2009 regular season.  Pretty big swing and a miss there.

I didn't give it that much thought. Ok I swung and missed. Do you feel all better skinnz poo? 

I believe it is called a typo, which is not in the same ball park as gross factual inaccuracies.

Good try though.

Man, I created a new thread to keep people from arguing and a positive topic, yet people find a way too argue lol 

Ill try harder next time, but I just don't think it's possible, on this forum anyway...

I absolutely love re-watching the 4th and 2 game.  I still don't see how the Colts managed to win the game and how the Patriots managed to lose.  For whatever reason at one point in the game, I had to run up to the bank close to my house, which is when Randy Moss caught the TD pass where Bethea's arm was in on the ball.  Great play by Randy.  But at that point, I thought- "Geez, this again?"

The comeback that also included a Manning interception towards the end of the 4th quarter, and they still pull it out.  Bob Lamey's call on the winning touchdown still gives me chills.  For some reason, I was more fired up at the end of the game than I was after the AFCCG.  For that game, I had a permanent grin on my face for a few hours, because I couldn't believe what we just saw.  But for 4th and 2, I went out on my front porch and screamed like a psycho.  Great memories.