Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hopefully Grigson learned his lesson after yesterday.

Coaching sux

Did you actually watch the game?     You know, on TV?

If you did -- and I don't think you did -- then you would've seen that Roethlisburger had ALL DAY to throw.    I don't believe he was sacked once.     I'm not sure we did more than graze him.     We certainly didn't hit him hard.    And any secondary trying to cover receivers can only hold up so long before a good quarterback (and that includes Big Ben)  will find an open receiver.

That's what you should've seen if you actually watched the game.

Because if you didn't see it,   then you're just here with an agenda.....   which is why you call yourself "Coaching Sux"....

It was only once and it was pretty late in the game, but at one point Ben was outside the pocket and Werner started to wrap him up and Newsome nailed him. I remember watching it again in slow-mo and seeing Ben's body actually shudder.

You can't sign free agent players that are the same caliber talent wise as practice squad players. Toller is by far the worse db in Football and was exposed yesterday. Jackson at Lb at best is a back up. I know Josh Gordy is a back up and you saw why yesterday. This guy is a practice squad caliber player at best. There are reasons why these guys were cut/released.

"Worse DB by far in football"???

Cortland Finnegan anyone?

Cortez Allen anyone?

Slay from Detroit anyone?

Cassius Vaughn anyone?

Whoever starts opposite of Jonathan Joseph in Houston that keeps getting burned by Hilton anyone?

The DB who tried to EVADE Hilton on that deep pass in the Houston game this year when Hilton fell down anyone?

:troll:

I don't know if you know this but or former GM wanted RG3 over Luck

No.    He didn't.

I don't know where some people get this stuff.

But, it's simply not true.     Polian's son was on the Stanford coaching staff.   He knew what Luck was and is.   

Polian wanted Luck.

As far as learning lessons, Grigson learned the only lesson that really matters to a new GM: Take a job that has an opportunity to immediately draft the player who will soon become the greatest active QB in the NFL. Both he and his predecessor had that rare opportunity and that rare opportunity alone allows both of them to paper over most of their other mistakes.

Polian did have a track record as a GM before Indy but without the great good fortune of being able to draft PM we would surely be talking about his Indy tenure much differently. Unlike the Pats who were still a strong team in their year without Brady, we saw what a pile of junk the Colts were without Peyton. Does anyone feel this current team could win more than 5 or 6 games without Luck? No? I didn't think so. We'd see a similar situation albeit with a much better backup QB who could possibly generate a couple more wins than in the year without Peyton.

Grigson may do great things some day but so far he has built a team that has one superb player who fell into his lap on his first day on the job. Around that superb player he has built a mediocre supporting cast that can do great things one week and look like buffoons the very next.

YOu think Brown is one of the best Wr in the game? I guess that makes the Browns Db's the best in the game cause they shut Brown down

Did you watch the same game as us? Brown who is an avg NFL WR owned Toller all day

Man I was going to comment on a few of your post, but I had to stop here. Do you even watch the NFL or are you just really dumb? Brown is an elite WR first up, and second Toler is having a really good year and paired with Vontae their the best CB duo in the league. The other thing is if you know anything about football you should know that if you have NO pass rush and the QB has all day there's nothing you can do, a corner isn't going to be able to cover a WR like Brown that long.

You can't sign free agent players that are the same caliber talent wise as practice squad players. Toller is by far the worse db in Football and was exposed yesterday. Jackson at Lb at best is a back up.  I know Josh Gordy is a back up and you saw why yesterday. This guy is a practice squad caliber player at best. There are reasons  why these guys were cut/released.

You don't know much about football do ya Lisa? I know that is you come on out girl

You can't sign free agent players that are the same caliber talent wise as practice squad players. Toller is by far the worse db in Football and was exposed yesterday. Jackson at Lb at best is a back up. I know Josh Gordy is a back up and you saw why yesterday. This guy is a practice squad caliber player at best. There are reasons why these guys were cut/released.

We've missed you the past 5 weeks. And to be honest, the colts only lost so you'd have a reason to pop up for a week. Unfortunately they're going to have to go back to winning next week so not sure when we'll get to see you again. Good times though! ;)

"Worse DB by far in football"???

Cortland Finnegan anyone?

Cortez Allen anyone?

Slay from Detroit anyone?

Cassius Vaughn anyone?

Whoever starts opposite of Jonathan Joseph in Houston that keeps getting burned by Hilton anyone?

The DB who tried to EVADE Hilton on that deep pass in the Houston game this year when Hilton fell down anyone?

:troll:

I hate to nitpick on a post that's clearly right but.. Hilton absolutely burns JoJo. It's not just the other Texans Db's.

Haden IS one of the best cornerbacks in the game. And prior to this week, Brown had the most receiving yards in the league, with TY not far behind in 2nd. With their 150+ yard performances, standings most likely did not change.

Haden wasn't playing in their last game, but regardless, Brown has a history of abusing him,  Brown is a killer. 

I hate to nitpick on a post that's clearly right but.. Hilton absolutely burns JoJo. It's not just the other Texans Db's.

DJ Swearinger

Jonathan Joseph

Brandon Merriweather

Along with others were next on that list but by the time I thought of them, I figured my point had already been made haha

Here's the deal with our corners.

Davis is a very good number one corner.

Toler is a very good number two corner.

Butler is a very a good number three corner.

Gordy is a good back up. 

When they are healthy they are as good as any set of corners as you are going to find in the NFL.

Now when you lose the number one corner and everyone has to slide up a spot they are not good enough to be a step up.  IE Toler is not good enough to be a number one corner and so on.

Also, I don't care how good your cornerbacks are.  If your front seven can't even get in the same zip code of the other team's QB (The Colts only hit Ben once in 49 attempts) sooner or later the coverage is going to break down an the QB is going to throw to who gets open.  Add in some fantastic catches and some great throws by Ben and you get what happened on Sunday. 

toler has bin great this yr, stop lien he has played well every corner gets beat so stop, we had a bad game due to no pass rush.... stop it

I don't understand the mindset of fans.  A player has been playing well for several weeks then they have a bad game they are all of sudden "exposed" as being a bad player.  How does that work, why does one bad game negate a series of good games in some people's mind?

And the reverse is true as well.  A player plays poorly for several weeks and then they have a good game, fans say, "I told you so."  or some variation.  Why does one good game negate several bad games?

I don't understand the mindset of fans.  A player has been playing well for several weeks then they have a bad game they are all of sudden "exposed" as being a bad player.

Using the term being "exposed" is the newest fan cliche. It's usually used by the Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless wanna-be types.

You can't sign free agent players that are the same caliber talent wise as practice squad players. Toller is by far the worse db in Football and was exposed yesterday. Jackson at Lb at best is a back up.  I know Josh Gordy is a back up and you saw why yesterday. This guy is a practice squad caliber player at best. There are reasons  why these guys were cut/released.

All of what you said is stupid and without any merit!

I have said it for as long as I have been on this forum...

"Aint it amazing how good a D looks when they get pressure on a QB?"  

"and when they don't.......       they are junk" ....     It's not rocket science kids.

Indy is NOT the 85 Bears D,  but they are also NOT the D that played Pitt Sunday.     

Things will work out...         All they have to be is AVERAGE.

There is NOT ONE TEAM in the NFL that would have taken RG3 over Andrew Luck.   

No.    He didn't.

I don't know where some people get this stuff.

But, it's simply not true.     Polian's son was on the Stanford coaching staff.   He knew what Luck was and is.   

Polian wanted Luck.