Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (-3) @ Houston

oldunclemark

over-under is 46,,wich seems high..

...Colts can score late and they have the QB and kicker kicker to get 3 whenever they need it,...

///Indy traditionally does not play well here..

..obviously..very big game for both teams..and Houston's home field advantage will peak

but I'd take Indy and the under

...Colts can score late and they have the QB and kicker kicker to get 3 whenever they need it,...

..obviously..very big game for both teams..and Houston's home field advantage will peak

I'm with you.. Colts and under

Fitzpatrick will be starting at QB for the Texans. This could be good for the Colts as he generally takes chances with the football, which sometimes leads to costly mistakes. Foster is one of the best rushers in the league so look for the Texans to run it at the Colts most of the game. I am hoping for another big day for the Colts defense.

We are 20-4 all time vs the Texans. I am not sure how you can say we don't traditionally play well there.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/houston-texans/teamvsteam?opp=14

We have lost 3/4 at their place. The first lose was the Week 1 curse of the Super Bowl loser that was with Manning. Then they beat us with Kerry Collins the year Manning was down. There wasn't a lot we could do against the curse and we were the worst team in the league in 2011.

Luck is 1-1 losing his rookie year and winning last year at Houston.

Texans won't beat us if we don't get the W we will lose by turning the ball over and sloppy play.

I think the sloppy play is over. We really have only been beat one time.

The Philly game we gave away we didn't get beat we lost that game everyone played a part coaches and players. Up 7 and had it 3rd and 7 from the Philly 27 with 5 mins to go epic meltdown could end up costing us a first round bye.

I bought early got it at 2.5 but I would lay the 3 think the worse you will do is push. 

I was all about this game, until I heard that our O-Line is missing both starting guards. Watt is going to have a field day with that. 

Reitz is good at LG, so leave Louis at RG. Don't put Shipley in at guard for crying out loud. 

I hope Pep has game planned a lot of QB rollouts, slants, letting Luck run, and screens to help out the pass rush. 

Today is a good day to live in Houston. Well, the boys and girls at work today are wearing the Texans shirts, hats and whatever. I saw one guy that sits across from me wearing his Texans shirt so i asked him why he did not opt for the Texans Super Bowl shirt but he did not answer. Should be a good one tonight and a great tomorrow here at work if we win. STAMPEDE!!!!

The spread went up to 3.5 now and 46 stayed the same.

You guys think this is a trap game? Seeing how the past 4 weeks or so Thursday night games has been over and the favor blowing out the under dog. I never take chances against the colts but I have a feeling we win by 3 not 7 or more.

Reitz is good at LG, so leave Louis at RG. Don't put Shipley in at guard for crying out loud. 

This is what I would do.  I think Louis is best at RG (based on very limited observations), and all of Reitz's OG experience has been at LG.  Part of me wonders if Holmes might be in play for LG.  He must be practicing somewhere, and we know that Harrison and Shipley have gotten the center reps.  I think that Pagano has been playing the OL shuffling coyly in order to keep the opponents guessing and keep them from effectively gameplanning for the weak link...

Based off what?

A couple of things make me uneasy:

-Foster. Dude is a monster. If we have difficulty stopping him, they can control the clock and keep Andrew off the field.

-Butler being out....Texans have Hopkins and Johnson. If I were Houston, I would try to get them into the slot to take advantage of that. Fitz isn't great, but I have flashbacks of him on the Titans moving it on us last year.

-Watt and 2 backup guards.

Not saying it will happen, but I think it's a possibility. This one makes me nervous. I'd feel much better if we were home.

Houston fans will be insane tonite.

We absolutely cannot spot them 10-14 points, via turnovers or huge busted plays (like that ridiculous TD from Keenum to Dre last year) or whatever, and allow them to utilize Foster to manage the lead. 

We need a fast start, we need to get up on them and to force Fitzpatrick to have to make plays.

-Foster. Dude is a monster. If we have difficulty stopping him, they can control the clock and keep Andrew off the field.

-Butler being out....Texans have Hopkins and Johnson. If I were Houston, I would try to get them into the slot to take advantage of that. Fitz isn't great, but I have flashbacks of him on the Titans moving it on us last year.

Not saying it will happen, but I think it's a possibility. This one makes me nervous. I'd feel much better if we were home.

All reasonable items, and I would like to add that Texans Defense has created the most turnovers in the league. On top of that, a good 75 to 80% of those turnovers were created when the opponent was in the Red Zone taking away vast amounts of points off the scoreboard.  Needless to say, we have had lapses in the Red Zone in judgement and execution this year.  we need to play clean and smart situational football.  Could be tough on a short week with no rest and a quickie game plan. We do need this road victory to propel us the rest of the way with us leading the division instead of chasing them.

Good post.. I can't disagree with any of that..