Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who plays guard if both Mewhort and Thornton are out?

swankdizzle

The Tuesday injury report lists both as DNP.  Mewhort  probably will not play but what about Thornton?  Lance Louis would take one guard spot, Is Joe Reitz next man up for the other?  Has he recovered from his own injury?  I had the random idea that it might be Khaled Holmes.  Or maybe Pagano can find a way to play Harrison at both guard and center.  Opinions?

The Tuesday injury report lists both as DNP.  Mewhort  probably will not play but what about Thornton?  Lance Louis would take one guard spot, Is Joe Reitz next man up for the other?  Has he recovered from his own injury?  I had the random idea that it might be Khaled Holmes.  Or maybe Pagano can find a way to play Harrison at both guard and center.  Opinions?

Would love to see Reitz at LG and Louis at RG.

Holmes IMO would be VG at G or C with some PT.

Lance Louis is an overall upgrade to Thornton at this time.

Glad we picked up Shipley, just for cases like this. He can play G/C so that gives us a quality player there. Watt will be the force we need to protect against. The edges must be protected. I like what Joe Staysniak said today about sliding protection, so no o line player will be one-on-one with Watt. Let's hope the line can do well...this year they have Cushing back, which they didn't have last season.

Glad we picked up Shipley, just for cases like this. He can play G/C so that gives us a quality player there. Watt will be the force we need to protect against. The edges must be protected. I like what Joe Staysniak said today about sliding protection, so no o line player will be one-on-one with Watt. Let's hope the line can do well...this year they have Cushing back, which they didn't have last season.

In cases like this, I'd much rather see Reitz at guard. I think Shipley's stint at guard with the Ravens proved he's not very good there.

LT-Castonzo

LG-Harrison

C-Shipley

RG-Louis

RT-Cherilus

Im not saying I like that but I think that's what Pagano would do, Personally I'd stick Holmes at RG and have him being the Primary Pulling Guard if both Guards were to be out

LT-Castonzo

LG-Harrison

C-Shipley

RG-Louis

RT-Cherilus

Im not saying I like that but I think that's what Pagano would do, Personally I'd stick Holmes at RG and have him being the Primary Pulling Guard if both Guards were to be out

LT-Castonzo

LG-shipley

C-Harrison

RG-Louis

RT-Cherilus

Shipley would be my guess.

If Nixon were healthy or they have confidence in Meredith to be the primary back up at T. I think Reitz would be the best player for the job Reitz is being held back in case there is a problem at T is what it looks like to me.

Who was the back up G last week? Either Ship or Reitz.

Holmes doesn't even dress he isn't playing. I don't understand the cry for this guy when the O Line has been playing well. Do people really think if Holmes was all that he would not have worked his way onto the field by now? We have had an injury at both G spots and made a change at C. He is still in street clothes.....actions louder than words 

you mean Harrison ?

or

do you really think they will put Holmes in at Center?

Right, I should have said Harrison at G. I think eventually they have to play Holmes at C or just cut him.

Unless he's still hurt, it doesn't bode well that a UDFA with very little time with the team gets a start while he's not even active.

The Tuesday injury report lists both as DNP. Mewhort probably will not play but what about Thornton? Lance Louis would take one guard spot, Is Joe Reitz next man up for the other? Has he recovered from his own injury? I had the random idea that it might be Khaled Holmes. Or maybe Pagano can find a way to play Harrison at both guard and center. Opinions?

I bet LG will be Louis and RG will be Reitz or Harrison. I really hope that they put Shipley at C again. Hes not a perfect center but he doesnt make bonehead mistakes like 2 bad snaps and forgetting to snap it completely.

JJ Watt can kiss my sack...you think the Colts haven't game planned for him? He will be a factor, but make no mistake, they will play away from him. Whether it's extra TEs, quick slants, etc. they will be prepared. The only thing I worry about is Watt swatting down passes.

JJ Watt can kiss my sack...you think the Colts haven't game planned for him? He will be a factor, but make no mistake, they will play away from him. Whether it's extra TEs, quick slants, etc. they will be prepared. The only thing I worry about is Watt swatting down passes.

You don't think every team that JJ Watt dominates has a scheme for him? You think the Bills who allowed JJ Watt to get 258 pressures on EJ Manuel in 1 game didn't prepare for him? He is the best defensive player in the league by far and if you're only worried about his swats than you're being extremely naive.