Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats vs Bengals

snkdy

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Wright the TE who the Patriots traded for.....5 targets 5 catches 85 yards and a TD.....He has the physical ability to be a nightmare matchup, Its a matter of him just getting on the same page as Brady and consistency as a player

Bengals seem to be one of those teams (like the Falcons) in which I hear so many good things about them during the season, but once I (emphasis on the I) get the chance to see them on TV (usually because it's nationally televised or a large coverage area), they just fall apart.

Lost pretty much any confidence I had that the Bills could give these guys a game next week.

Tonight's game was good.

The whole team was in sync.

The O-Line has looked really good today, Stork being under center was a huge+, the run game was there, the pass protection was really good!

If you give Brady an extra second or two he will make the plays.

Also I am glad we used Tim Wright, the kid can catch the ball and be very explosive, we finally found a replacement TE that can replace Hernandez.

The Patriots are at its best when they run two tight end and 2 WR packages...remember the SB year in 2011?

There are still couple concerns on our secondary, our safetys have been suspect all season, they have been playing poorly. We truly need to draft a stud safety to replace Chung this upcoming year..and we need to draft one in the first round!

I am not sold on Collins in coverage, he gets beat easily, I think he is best fit to play a run stopper/pass rusher, he shines at rushing the middle. 

Revis has been earning his paycheck tonight, other than that one TD AJ got while Revis was out....AJ Green was on house arrest all night on Revis Island.

LaFell and Edelman played a good game...I am looking forward seeing Tyms in soon...we could use that guy, he had a good preseason, hopefully by mid season he will start contributing on offense.

I am interested in seeing what the Pats do with Browner, I am not sure that they will play him as a corner, I think BB might try to move him on the safety spot and replace Chung...Browner is big and he can deliver big hits. Plus he will be a better cover man than Chung.

Gronk finally had a breakthrough game, hopefully we see this again next week again the Bills.

Shane Vereen is just awesome, the guy is a young Kevin Faulk, but 10x better! He runs hard from the gun. Hopefully we see more of this throughout the season.

McDaniels is finally earning his paycheck too...he has been criticized all season for not making adjustments during games, hopefully he keeps improving this team as we go deep in the NFL Season.

I am looking at Danny Amendola...I am honestly not sure why we still keep him around, he has not lived up to the "replacement" of Welker role...I'd say unless he becomes a play maker on this offense this season we cut ties with him after this season, I'd like to see Tyms taking over that position.

Patriots 2015 Draft Needs:

DT 1st round talent. - Wilfork only has few more years left at its best, and he no longer is as dominant as once he was...

SS 1st round talent, no lower than 2nd.

WR 2nd round talent, we need someone that can go deep, Brandon LaFell is just not that guy. 

Great game last night. Just the type of statement game the Pats needed to stem the tide. It almost had a playoff like atmosphere at Gillette. This regular season game had a similar feel to when the Pats played the Chargers in week 2 after spygate broke. The team had something to prove this time not to the outside world who doubted them but to themselves. I can't remember a worse beating this team took in the media than this past one other than in 2007. Some of it was justified given how the team has performed but some of it was over the top as a report surfaced yesterday that Brady has "tensions" with his coaching staff. It seemed nothing was off-limits for criticism. Even the fans were criticized for not being louder over the years. lol.

But in true Patriot form, the team and coaching staff responded with a big time performance in a big time prime time game vs the only undefeated team in the league. I have read the posts that have been criticizing the Bengals but honestly, I think the Pats would have laid the wood to any team that came in last after the week they endured. You could see it from the first drive when Brady came out with vengeance in his eyes and starting ... gasp ... running with the ball! And of course, after the first TD, the sideline erupted with emotion with even Bill giving high fives. Can't remember the last time I have seen the bench look that animated after an opening drive TD. Great to see as a fan.

In terms of the game, the story of the night was Revis. I have been waiting for them to let him man up on the best receiver and last night he showed he still has his stuff vs Green. He set the tone defensively and of course offensively Gronk was back in full form last night. No pitch count. He was out every series I believe and was huge with this play and emotion. And Tim Wright had a coming out party. Started looking a lot like Hernandez which is who people were comparing him too. Was nice to see the run game also get going with Ridley and Vareen having a good night. And Oline looks like it came together. Great game from them.

All and all just the type of game the Pats needed heading into two big division games this week.

Ya if that's the aj green one, his foot didn't touch. At the point of catch one for was down, , the other swung around and never touched before he went out

I suppose it came down to the 'ol lack of irrefutable evidence during the review. But the ball never looked secure to me as he changed hands. 

Typical bounce back game for the Pats. They will be in the mix at the end as usual.

Yes.  Pats played with fire and determination last night.  They came in the game full speed ahead from the get go, and never let up.

Bengals came in over-confident, unprepared and laid a big goose egg.  This is why no-one ever takes the Bengals seriously year to year.  They are inconsistent.  They looked awful last night, and the Pats looked like a team on a mission.

Congrats to the Pats.

It borders on cliche but football games are won and lost up front. If you don't block, receivers don't have time to run routes, and quarterbacks (especially ones who run like my 84-year-old mother) don't have time to throw them the ball. 

I love that they responded the way they did. It was evident from the very first drive that they had business to conduct and they conducted the heck out of it.

Brady will probably not be among the league's statistically elite this season or for however long he plays, but I'll still take him over anyone. A QB's main job is to win games... no one's ever done that better than #12. 

It borders on cliche but football games are won and lost up front. If you don't block, receivers don't have time to run routes, and quarterbacks (especially ones who run like my 84-year-old mother) don't have time to throw them the ball. 

I love that they responded the way they did. It was evident from the very first drive that they had business to conduct and they conducted the heck out of it.

Brady will probably not be among the league's statistically elite this season or for however long he plays, but I'll still take him over anyone. A QB's main job is to win games... no one's ever done that better than #12. 

You first and last lines contradict themselves.

Outcomes that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I hope the disrespectful bozo answered every media question after this game with we are on to Buffalo.

He was the same as always. "It's only one game our guys played well and we're on to Buffalo". What a Bozo :-)

The Bengals are a weird group. All that talent that they should be one of the best teams in football. Then they get put on a fairly big stage and wilt. I'm not sure if it's a team thing or Dalton near single handedly holding them back by chucking it in to the fifth row.

Great game for the Patriots, in trypical Patriot fashion they bounced back against a good team and shut a lot of people up.

The Bengals are a weird group. All that talent that they should be one of the best teams in football. Then they get put on a fairly big stage and wilt. I'm not sure if it's a team thing or Dalton near single handedly holding them back by chucking it in to the fifth row.

Great game for the Patriots, in trypical Patriot fashion they bounced back against a good team and shut a lot of people up.

I don't think there is a team in football that could have beat the Patriots today. 

They where in their home stadium after getting embarrassed and everyone is saying they are done.  They where going to crush who ever you put in front of them.  

I don't think there is a team in football that could have beat the Patriots today. 

They where in their home stadium after getting embarrassed and everyone is saying they are done.  They where going to crush who ever you put in front of them.  

This.    :agree:

You first and last lines contradict themselves.

He is the unquestioned leader of the team and the offense. Obviously he's not out there blocking but he's running his offense and putting his teammates in position to make plays. That's what a QB's job is when you get right down to it.

Did you watch the game? That 6-yard scramble on the first drive may have been the most important run of Brady's career. It energized his teammates, the crowd, and got them all going. I could hear the crowd screaming, "Bray-dee! Bray-dee!" and got goosebumps sitting there in my living room. Can you imagine how the players, playing an emotional game such as football, fed off that? 

I can understand why they've slogged through most of the season through to last night. I can understand Brady's frustrations. Winning is everything to him, and although they say that about a lot of athletes, with him it's not cliche or hyperbole. 

To say I told you so to everyone on here would be a bit much....besides I'm pretty sure everyone deep down inside knew what was going to happen last night but were just getting caught up in the fantasy world where the path to the SB didn't run through NE. Brady is far from being washed up....and the Pats are far from dead. They have some warts just like every other team out there...but they are still class of the AFC that much is clear.

He is the unquestioned leader of the team and the offense. Obviously he's not out there blocking but he's running his offense and putting his teammates in position to make plays. That's what a QB's job is when you get right down to it.

Did you watch the game? That 6-yard scramble on the first drive may have been the most important run of Brady's career. It energized his teammates, the crowd, and got them all going. I could hear the crowd screaming, "Bray-dee! Bray-dee!" and got goosebumps sitting there in my living room. Can you imagine how the players, playing an emotional game such as football, fed off that? 

I can understand why they've slogged through most of the season through to last night. I can understand Brady's frustrations. Winning is everything to him, and although they say that about a lot of athletes, with him it's not cliche or hyperbole. 

I dont know what you typed above answered any of it  :thmup:

Didnt still answer about those 2 contradicting statements.

I'm pretty sure this is more of a comprehension issue than an expression issue. I think I explained it pretty well.

Brady's leadership was front-and-center last night and he provided a spark for the team. As he's done throughout the years. If you saw the game and don't know or understand what I'm trying to say then it will be impossible for me to explain it to you.