Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

get him out of there

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

Since we have the balls to replace a center that was playing well. Let's get whalen from returning. .. He showed what I been saying, no burst, no vision, no athleticism. Let's stick loucheiz in at pr and Moncrief at kr

I can get behind this.  I like Purifoy and would like to see what he can do.

Whalen has been the "safe" choice, in my opinion, but a few bad decisions today make me want to look elsewhere.

If those choices don't work out we could always go back to Griff, but for now, I would vote for trying someone else.

I can get behind this. I like Purifoy and would like to see what he can do.

Whalen has been the "safe" choice, in my opinion, but a few bad decisions today make me want to look elsewhere.

If those choices don't work out we could always go back to Griff, but for now, I would vote for trying someone else.

He's the safe choice because he's slow and won't get you any big returns but at least he won't make any big mista... Oh wait.

Yes, he needs to go, but I think we only bench good players.

Griff does good job on punt returns - not sure I like him on kicks offs.

He did make a bone headed play taking the one out from 9yds deep - that one mistake does NOT mean replace him though!

That fumble IMO wasn't a mistake - I'll let it slide.

Griff does good job on punt returns - he did make a bone headed play taking the one out from 9yds deep - that one mistake does NOT mean replace him though!

And what about him not catching a 35 yard punt that turned into a 68 yarder because of it and he picked it up at the end surrounded by Ravens, risking another fumble. Also, returning a kick that was 9.5 yards deep.

He's not Devon Hester, so you don't put up with that %.

He doesn't bring us the upside of big returns, so his job is to be smart and safe. He completely failed on both accounts today.

Hes had alot of very good plays. Alot have been brought back by penalties like most KR and PR. Hes been extremely solid for us for 8 games (including the pre season) so why throw him away after a bad one.

Stupid comparison.

They didnt perform as well as they should have, they missed things they shouldnt have so how isnt it? Im just going as extreme as 80% of the post on this forum..

Wait Andrew luck had a bad game and threw more interceptions then touchdowns. Let bench him! Anyone still have Chandler Harnishes number?!?! Reggie Wayne had some penalties lets go get DHB back!!! This forum kills me sometimes

Not that he had a bad game. ... even on his best games he still sucked.. luck and reggie are still beast even on their worst days

It has, but what has he shown that's special the last 4 games?

What has any other Returner shown for that matter? you put the guy with the surest hands back there, That don't mean he will catch 100% of all balls but history now shows 1 botched catch out of several now...Bad snap...If it continues then ya have a real problem but 1 does not equal a problem

Not that he had a bad game. ... even on his best games he still sucked.. luck and reggie are still beast even on their worst days

Aside from this game this year our pr and kr have looked as good if not better than it has in a long time

What has any other Return shown for that matter? you put the guy with the surest hands back there, That don't mean he will catch 100% of all balls but history now shows 1 botched catch out of several now...Bad snap...If it continues then ya have a real problem but 1 does not equal a problem

We have players that can do what Griff does and then some without being so stupid. Don't forget the punt that he let go early on that cost us 30 yards of field position. The play he fumbled on was not the first one he has failed to fair catch this year that he clearly should have, it's just the first that has cost us. Griff's lack of big return ability means he should be on a very short leash.

Since we have the balls to replace a center that was playing well. Let's get whalen from returning. .. He showed what I been saying, no burst, no vision, no athleticism. Let's stick loucheiz in at pr and Moncrief at kr

I think Griff has all those things but the are overridden by his stones.  He needs to be coached and never let that happen again.

Hes had alot of very good plays. Alot have been brought back by penalties like most KR and PR. Hes been extremely solid for us for 8 games (including the pre season) so why throw him away after a bad one.

They didnt perform as well as they should have, they missed things they shouldnt have so how isnt it? Im just going as extreme as 80% of the post on this forum..

Do I really have to explain to you why that's a stupid comparison? Griff Whalen's PR productivity can easily be replaced by another player who won't be as boneheaded. 

Do I really have to explain to you why that's a stupid comparison? Griff Whalen's PR productivity can easily be replaced by another player who won't be as boneheaded.

On a serious note I dont heartedly beleive in the comparison im just being as unirrational as many people.

Who do we put in then? Moncreif? A man with no experience?

"Boom" herron who doesnt have as good of hands?

Purifoy? Hes already shown hes more bone headed.

T.Y, are we really going to put him in that situation?

On a serious note I dont heartedly beleive in the comparison im just being as unirrational as many people.

Great post sir need more sense around here .

No to TY and not sure about Boom. The other two I'm sure are better returners with the ball in their hands and I think it's safe to say they can be smarter than Griff has been to this point. This was the first game that Griff's questionable fielding/not fair catching has hurt us but he has made dumb choices in other games as well and, again, it's not like he's a playmaker as a returner.

Moncrief- "A man with no experience". There are a lot of young players who make their money on special teams. Yeah, we are developing him for the future, but remember. T.Y. returned kicks when he was "A man with no experience"

"Boom" Herron- "Who doesn't have as good of hands"- How can you make that judgement? Herron would be fine returning kicks.

Purifoy- "Boneheaded"- Between Purifoy, Sergio and Studebaker those are our 3 best special teams players.

T.Y.- I'm up in the air about this. I'd rather him not get injured.

You can't hit home runs when you're bunting. It's awful, but today not having a return man would have LITERALLY been better than having Griff Whalen. One less turnover and a touchback versus the Ravens getting the ball and starting at the 16.