Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaRon Landry suspended 4 games for PED use [Merge]

MTC

I think he's a good poster. I wish we had more fans of opposing teams here, but the bullying is too fierce. Just look at the stupid comments about the Browns sucking, as if that has a damn thing to do with what he said.

I believe in coincidences. But in this case....c'mon. As a Colts fan, I happen to agree with BpG. The logic follows and anyone denying this conclusion are perhaps being a bit blurred by favoritism.

The Brown's sucking has about as much to do with the Landry suspension as Mathis' suspension does. Oh wait....

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - response to hidden post

Questioning moderation in open forum is a suspendable offense. We like you, Corgi. Don't get in trouble over this silliness.

The worst thing I see in this thread are the "Why are you here" and "Why won't you leave" comments. That's just .....mean.

He brings it on himself.

you know what happens when you assume :P

you do make a very valid point, but at the same time, like ztboiler said, there were also logical football reasons for Mathis' improved production.  If the Colts were still running the tampa 2 (and how dare you make me say such a thing, even if it is just a hypothetical  :shout: ) and Mathis suddenly jumped from his average of around 8-10 sacks to 20 within the same defense, then yes that would be far more dubious achievement.  That's not the case though...he was playing in an entirely different defensive scheme than he'd played in his entire career to that point, and had just made the switch from Sam to Rush LB, which is pretty much tailor made for a guy of Robert's skill set.

bottom line is I'm not assuming anything...maybe his story was the truth, maybe it wasn't.  But I don't think there's any clear evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, that proves either way and I definitely don't see the need for people on one side of the fence to mock people on the other side (not saying YOU, ruksak, were doing that but there definitely have been some that have, like our Cleveland Ambassador up there).

I'm not really willing to say anything definitive to either end. I just feel the logic of BpG's statements to be quite sound. 

Mathis lost his best number booster, playing opposite of Freeney. There should be some offset between the position change and the loss of Freeney. I wouldn't expect him to pound out a very near record season due to the 3-4 scheme. 

He always had a HoF DE in Freeney to help him out. Do you really think the position change helped him that much....AFTER losing the synergy of Freeney playing opposite him? It makes no sense. What does make sense is that a pro athlete took a banned substance and his production went up BECAUSE he took a banned substance. 

Yes.. for one thing, he no longer had Freeney on the other side to take some of the sacks away.  He also had good interior line play from guys like Redding, RJF, and others which is something he only had briefly in '06 under the previous regime.  

Look at the Raven's player sack numbers from last year.  You have Dumerville and Suggs that combined for approximately the same number of sacks that Mathis had in the same defensive system, and a bunch of other guys with a handful of sacks or less.  The main difference is that Mathis didn't have a guy of Dumerville's ability to take some of those sacks away from him in Nickel/Sub packages.

The Brown's sucking has about as much to do with the Landry suspension as Mathis' suspension does. Oh wait....

Did you think before you typed that out or?????

Mathis suspension/Landry suspension....both for the same thing. This isn't tangential, it's the exact same topic, two Colts players, both suspended in 2014. 

The Browns and the quality of their team? Yeah....no. Not related. 

Also....durp/ 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 30, 2014 - talking about moderation and another poster
Hidden by Nadine, September 30, 2014 - talking about moderation and another poster

I'm not really willing to say anything definitive to either end. I just feel the logic of BpG's statements to be quite sound. 

Mathis lost his best number booster, playing opposite of Freeney. There should be some offset between the position change and the loss of Freeney. I wouldn't expect him to pound out a very near record season due to the 3-4 scheme. 

I have no problem with the logic of what he said.  If some people believe that Mathis was taking PED's and that's why he had such a great year then that's fine.  But you and I apparently have very different opinions of BgP the poster. ;) 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 30, 2014 - talking about moderation and another poster
Hidden by Nadine, September 30, 2014 - talking about moderation and another poster

He brings it on himself.

I have literally never seen him do anything to offend anyone other than being a Browns fan. Maybe I missed something? If I did, I'd like to see it. 

He always had a HoF DE in Freeney to help him out. Do you really think the position change helped him that much....AFTER losing the synergy of Freeney playing opposite him? It makes no sense. What does make sense is that a pro athlete took a banned substance and his production went up BECAUSE he took a banned substance. 

Yes, I do think that being the Rush LB in this system was the perfect fit for Mathis.  He came from both sides, he got free looks unblocked occasionally, we blitzed.  There were a lot of things different.  

My worldview is NOT that professional athletes don't take performance enhancing substances, and Mathis is a professional athlete and therefore guilty by association at the bare minimum. However, my perspective on this particular story is that Mathis is the same guy in '13 that he was in years previous and that the logic is shallow to not consider all the variables.  

Did you think before you typed that out or?????

Mathis suspension/Landry suspension....both for the same thing. This isn't tangential, it's the exact same topic, two Colts players, both suspended in 2014.

The Browns and the quality of their team? Yeah....no. Not related.

Also....durp/

The Mathis suspension had no bearing on the Landry suspension, and there is no logical connection to one or the other, over the fact that they're both Colts players. Do we even know what substance Landry was busted for yet? So how can you even begin to draw parallels between he and Mathis' situation when all the facts aren't even released yet? Mathis had nothing to do with this story, yet he was brought up to agitate the majority of this community over a sore topic.

As a moderator, I'd expect you to pick up on that

"Durp," indeed

I have literally never seen him do anything to offend anyone other than being a Browns fan. Maybe I missed something? If I did, I'd like to see it.

Read the Richardson thread

Just because you wouldn't expect it doesn't mean it couldn't happen.  I mean would most people expect Reggie Wayne to be 36 and coming back from an ACL tear to look like his old self?

Such a shame, and now it's really time to sign someone.

I won't be surprised, knowing Grigson, if he made a trade. For some reason, I can see him looking at Phily for a safety, like Nate Allen. Not saying it's the best move, but it's something I sense.

We gave em Parkey. Hook us up! ;)

The Andrew Luck story is nothing. The real headline of today will be

Breaking News: Nick Saban files lawsuit against Josh Chapman who allegedly ate Saban's dinner the night Saban took a lady friend out for a night on the town.

Full coverage coming to you at 6

Ill be tuned in to that one lol  :thmup:

The Mathis suspension had no bearing on the Landry suspension, and there is no logical connection to one or the other, over the fact that they're both Colts players. Do we even know what Landry was busted for yet? So how can you even begin to draw parallels between he and Mathis' situation when all the facts aren't even released yet? Mathis had nothing to do with this story, yet he was brought up to agitate the majority of this community over a sore topic.

"Durp," indeed

I'm a moderator?

Holy banstick batman. 

YOU'RE ALL BANNED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!! Signed, Uber Mod~ Ruksak. 

There's literally no way I would ever be considered for a staff position. Much of the reason for this is my sexy body, which poses a threat to other posters. 

Anywho, yeah, I see a relative discussion point between two players for the same team being banned for the same thing during the same year. Call me crazy, might be the bath salts I ingest. Not sure. Will report back after I stab this pink elephant that's been buggin' me lately. 

The Mathis suspension had no bearing on the Landry suspension, and there is no logical connection to one or the other, over the fact that they're both Colts players. Do we even know what substance Landry was busted for yet? So how can you even begin to draw parallels between he and Mathis' situation when all the facts aren't even released yet? Mathis had nothing to do with this story, yet he was brought up to agitate the majority of this community over a sore topic.

"Durp," indeed

They were both suspended for PEDs

My point is all these cases (Landry, Mathis, Rogers and Irsay) are an embarrassment to the team.

They were both suspended for PEDs

My point is all these cases (Landry, Mathis, Rogers and Irsay) are an embarrassment to the team.

I call it a necessary evil to break us from our past reputation as choirboys, and the conjoining fact that the Colts have been rather timid and soft for many many years until the regime change in 2012. 

Sucks that bad eggs come, but they can go just as well. 

I totally agree with this.

Read his timeline:

https://twitter.com/cmccollo

I couldn't agree more. The Nucky origin story is great, but should have been written into the show prior to this season on Boardwalk Empire. haha

With that being said, he presents a few interesting points. I think we have been inefficient with our defensive FA strategy; however, I think it's a stretch to say we have a completely mercenary mentality. Many FA's we have brought in seem very invested in building the monster, including Vontae, Redding, Art Jones, and even D'Quell. I think they have made an effort to find guys who match our values and philosophy, a few just happened to be far too selfish like Landry. I guess it makes sense why Landry is so shady about working out on his own in the offseason as opposed to with the team.

Dewey may have been brought up for depth.  I'm not sure, but I know it has been stated that Colt Anderson should practice later on in the week so I would suspect that he or Sergio would get the start.  Hopefully not Sergio!!!!!!!  I will say that I'd be okay if Dewey got the start over those two, but I don't think it's likely.  Dewey is smart and he's a sure tackler so I wouldn't be surprised to see him do okay if he got the nod.  I know everyone doesn't share that opinion, but it's just my own take.

Just read some of the comments on the Landry story. Adding this mess, along with Rogers, Mathis and Irsay, Makes the Colts todays laughing stock of the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/29/nfl-suspends-laron-landry-four-games-for-ped-violation/#comments

I don't give a rip what other fans think of us.    Never.

And to the best of my knowledge,  we don't have players beating their wives, or pregnant girlfriends or four year old children.

I think the Colts are fine......

I'm a moderator?

Holy banstick batman.

YOU'RE ALL BANNED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!! Signed, Uber Mod~ Ruksak.

There's literally no way I would ever be considered for a staff position. Much of the reason for this is my sexy body, which poses a threat to other posters.

Anywho, yeah, I see a relative discussion point between two players for the same team being banned for the same thing during the same year. Call me crazy, might be the bath salts I ingest. Not sure. Will report back after I stab this pink elephant that's been buggin' me lately.

You sounded very "mod-y" in your address to corgi. My mistake assuming you were one.

As for the rest of your post: "lolz"

You sounded very "mod-y" in your address to corgi. My mistake assuming you were one.

As for the rest of your post: "lolz"

Meh...didn't mean to come off "mody". Sometimes people get hot and post something regrettable.....and I like my Corgi. Sometimes people forget not to call out mods in open forum. None of my business really, so I should stay out of it. 

In good news, maybe this will force us to try and get someone who can actually play the position?

I hear this guy has mad coverage skills, but don't look at him funny. He will literally rip your arms off and eat your soft parts for the protein contained within. 

hqdefault.jpg

The NFL doesn't release what the player tests positive for, they just say the player violated the PED policy.  Players then usually say what they tested positive.  The players admission IMO should be taken with a grain of salt because they can pretty much say any drug they want to that would violate them under the policy.  That is why I think a lot of players claim Adderall or clomid because they aren't steroids and don't have the same negative connotation.  But if you really think about it, when was the last time someone said yeah I took a steroid, I can't remember. But you gotta believe that either they are lying about what they are taking or that the testing methods for steroids are not very good, kinda hard to believe that no one is taking them.

Not surprised by this, Landry was never a good fit for the defense and as a interchangeable safety because he can't cover. I said Landry would be cut next year but it had more to do with his lack of play on the field rather then PEDs. Now with the suspension combined with his inability to cover, he definitely won't be back. Landry not being on the field will help the team, it gives Mcdonald or Purifoy a chance to start and make plays on the ball.