Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

EJ Manuel has been benched

snkdy

2 guys looked bad in the Bucs-Bills pre-season game and I told both EJ and McCown looked terrible.

One has already been demoted with Glennon (Lovie should have done that earlier). The other one is in the process of being demoted. How do GMs reach for guys like these in the draft? 

I'm a Seminole fan and he's getting the raw end of everything. Jimbo Fisher is the worst playcaller ever. He almost cost us the NCST game last week, just like he cost us the game with EJ.

Now I doubt the guy was the next Peyton Manning but he was capable had he just sat for a while like the bajillions of quarterbacks before this era. I don't know why the @#%$! teams have started doing the quarterback thing backwards.

2 guys looked bad in the Bucs-Bills pre-season game and I told both EJ and McCown looked terrible.

One has already been demoted with Glennon (Lovie should have done that earlier). The other one is in the process of being demoted. How do GMs reach for guys like these in the draft? 

Didn't McCown get hurt?

I'm a Seminole fan and he's getting the raw end of everything. Jimbo Fisher is the worst playcaller ever. He almost cost us the NCST game last week, just like he cost us the game with EJ.

Now I doubt the guy was the next Peyton Manning but he was capable had he just sat for a while like the bajillions of quarterbacks before this era. I don't know why the @#%$! teams have started doing the quarterback thing backwards.

Because that's now how it works today.  You are drafted in the first round you are expected to play on day 1.  

Besides he's had a year to learn the ropes.

And as many QB's have proven the ability to do it at the college level doesn't necessarily indicate the ability to do it at the pro level.  

If you could accurately tell people who was going to be able to do it at the pro-level and at what level and who wasn't then you would be a multi-millionare because every team in need of a QB would fork over millions for your advice on that topic alone.

Cleveland would easily raise $100 million dollars if your advice could land them an actual franchise QB.  Not to mention Oakland.

Had no idea Orton was still in the league. So all the teams in the East other than the Pats have major QB issues. Manuel is benched. Jets fans want Vick and Philibin threatened to bench Tanny this past week.

Yeah the guy tried to threaten the Cowboys he was gonna retire and now he's the starter in Buffalo, crazy. I doubt it will make a difference though. Tannehill went out and got a win so I think talks of benching him may subside for a while.

Didn't McCown get hurt?

Yeah, but he was stinking it up before he got hurt. Getting hurt gave Lovie Smith the excuse to masquerade what was a bad decision at the beginning setting back Mike Glennon's progress he had made last year. You can just tell by the way Glennon leads his wideouts and stands tall in the pocket that he was a better fit with those 2 big wideouts in VJax and Mike Evans.

Yeah the guy tried to threaten the Cowboys he was gonna retire and now he's the starter in Buffalo, crazy. I doubt it will make a difference though. Tannehill went out and got a win so I think talks of benching him may subside for a while.

I did laugh hysterically when Kyle got to keep his $3 million dollar signing bonus & defected to Canada. Yeah I know, Buffalo is technically in NY but Canada is so close & that squad the Bills is so irrelevant what's the difference right?

Okay, they beat the Bears, but honestly if you are patient enough QB Jay Cutler will self destruct & lose the game all by himself so I can't give Buffalo too much credit for that win truthfully. 

Had no idea Orton was still in the league. So all the teams in the East other than the Pats have major QB issues. Manuel is benched. Jets fans want Vick and Philibin threatened to bench Tanny this past week.

Kyle Orton does have an uncanny gift for sticking around in the NFL. He's not a great starter, but he's a premier backup QB. He could win 5-7 games for Buffalo, but they still aren't making the post season even with Geno Smith & uneven Eli Manning right now in the same division. 

Against the Raiders...... He's still on the hot seat I'm sure

Part of me does feel bad for Buffalo. I hope eventually they find a franchise QB. Maybe Jim Kelly or his wife rather wife needs to give birth to his own HOF field general successor. Just Kidding! 

Yes, I realize that he has a son named Hunter already sadly born with with globoid-cell leukodystrophy Krabbe disease, but that club can't seem to land a reliable 10-15 year mainstay at the QB position to save their life. 

Against the Raiders...... He's still on the hot seat I'm sure

Yeah, the Raiders front office spent all that money in the off season & they still suck. I won't blame Justin Tuck because I revere the guy, but RB MJD's gotta be thinking "I left the pathetic Jags for this piece of crap black hole really?"  haha

HOF pass rusher Warren Sapp said it best. "Oakland is like an NFL retirement home. 1 last stop before you retire from the League completely."

Even WR Randy Moss soured of the Raiders very quickly after leaving Minnesota for the 1st time. Oakland...Where careers go to die...

Kyle Orton does have an uncanny gift for sticking around in the NFL. He's not a great starter, but he's a premier backup QB. He could win 5-7 games for Buffalo, but they still aren't making the post season even with Geno Smith & uneven Eli Manning right now in the same division. 

Okay, the Giants are not in the AFC East. I know that. I'm just saying that the Bills & Big Blue have no shot at even a wildcard spot. SW1 just can't see it this year & the Steelers are toast too for that matter. 

Buffalo thinks they're good enough defensively to win 9-10 with Orton..

its a gamble worth taking...

Jets are too hard-headed to do the same with Geno and Vick

Buffalo thinks they're good enough defensively to win 9-10 with Orton..

its a gamble worth taking...

Jets are too hard-headed to do the same with Geno and Vick

Good point OUM. Add to that a healthy RB in CJ Spiller & they might be about to do some damage. I can't see them dismantling Brady & NE though. WR Sammy Watkins is the real deal too who could make any QB look decent. Not a slam on Orton; I just know he's slightly above average not great. A capable game manager at best which is a vast upgrade from EJ Manuel. 

I'm recording the Pats Vs Chiefs right now on my DVR so I can fast forward through commercials when I watch it later, but I can't see Buffalo giving Brady any fits though. Miami sure; the Bills? LOL! 

I concur with you on starting Michael Vick in the Big Apple though. HC Rex Ryan needs to get to the Playoffs this year or he will be fired. I'd give him the boot if he doesn't get into the post season anyway. That way, either INDY gets him or Sean Payton exchanges 1 Ryan brother for another as their new DC next year. 

1diotic.You can always count on the Bills to be the Bills though. You have to let a young QB play through the tough times. Look at Tampa. Went out and got McCown and Glennon is already back in there. These friggin coaches, GM's, etc. don't know what the heck they are doing a lot of the time with regard to player personnel. I could run a team better than half of these scabs.

Good point OUM. Add to that a healthy RB in CJ Spiller & they might be about to do some damage. I can't see them dismantling Brady & NE though. WR Sammy Watkins is the real deal too who could make any QB look decent. Not a slam on Orton; I just know he's slightly above average not great. A capable game manager at best which is a vast upgrade from EJ Manuel. 

I'm recording the Pats Vs Chiefs right now on my DVR so I can fast forward through commercials when I watch it later, but I can't see Buffalo giving Brady any fits though. Miami sure; the Bills? LOL! 

I concur with you on starting Michael Vick in the Big Apple though. HC Rex Ryan needs to get to the Playoffs this year or he will be fired. I'd give him the boot if he doesn't get into the post season anyway. That way, either INDY gets him or Sean Payton exchanges 1 Ryan brother for another as their new DC next year. 

Off topic: I was dumbfounded how easily the Cowboys running game crushed the Saints defense. Yes, Dallas's o-line is very good, but Rob Ryan had no answer which shocked me. Rob needs to start over from scratch & just work on tackling & alignment fundamentals this week IMHO. I still like Rob but man did he get his caboose whipped on SNF last night. Wow. Sorry man...

I just wanna make sure that when the Colts face the Cowboys in the regular season we are wrapping backs up, bringing them down hard, & swarming to the ball like killer bees man. We are NOT losing to freaking Dallas man! I won't tolerate sloppy play period. 

Yeah, but he was stinking it up before he got hurt. Getting hurt gave Lovie Smith the excuse to masquerade what was a bad decision at the beginning setting back Mike Glennon's progress he had made last year. You can just tell by the way Glennon leads his wideouts and stands tall in the pocket that he was a better fit with those 2 big wideouts in VJax and Mike Evans.

I have V-Jax in fantasy and he wasn't doing anything until Glennon came back.  So count me as glad Glennon is starting now.