Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

very good stop

Yep, that's the kind of stop we missed time and time again last week. That could easily have gone for a 1st. 

Already over thrown two wide open receivers ... same old same old ....  getting tired of hearing this guy get hyped up as one of the best and then seeing him make the same mistakes week after week!

One drive, calm down. If he does it the whole game then go crazy, but wait before you crucify the dude.

We got the quick 3 & out. Now a long drive resulting in 7

I want to see us tempt the long ball, go deep. Stretch this D

3rd down conversions really doing well in this game. Going in, we were 8 of 25 on 3rd. 

Trich was SOOO much more open than Doyle. Luck needs to pick his targets better.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You keep saying things like this (I've seen you say it for 3rd and 4th round qbs as well) but that really makes no sense.   1.  By saying not to draft a player because there is a similar player on the roster is a short sighted view of things.  Kelly is an ERFA after the 2020 season, so it makes no sense to forego a long term plan because there is a short term solution.   2.  You are assuming a 3-7th round QB will not be better than Kelly.  Which is a ridiculous assumption under any circumstances.   3.  I can guarantee that Chad Kelly has absolutely no bearing on the Colts draft board.
    • One of the benefits of a large group of excellent WRs is that you can get a good starter in round 3. In other years.....  these WRs would be drafted in round 1 or 2   It wouldn’t surprise me if Pittman and or Claypool (or 2-3 other Excellent WRs) will still be on the board when we pick in round 3   If Mims is on the board, I’d take him at 34......   If not..... I’d wait and lean more on BPA for  the 2 picks in in second round   This OT class is said to be really good,    Austin Jackson, Ezra Cleveland may still be on the board at 34 / 44   Why OL so early?   Starting OTs especially LTs are very hard to draft.   We also have ZERO quality depth at OT.     I believe either of these guys COULD be our starting LT for the next 12 years   We will have to spend draft capitol .....  why not now, when the value may be great?   As said earlier, there are other positions that they may look at at 34...   With 2 FAs at CB coming on board, why consider a CB at 34?   We end up with 5 DBs on the field (Nickle ) a large amount of the time   Trevon Diggs would fit our scheme like no other CB in this draft   If we get a starter in round 3 at WR, and possibly a starter at TE in round 4 and a future starter at OT and CB.....   Four years from now, when all 4 are main starters for us, we will be happy that we we went this way.....   It’s about building the long term team, not filling immediate holes     But, with my ability to pick Colts draft, we will probably get 5 OGs with our first 5 picks.                      
    • He played nearly exclusively out of the slot last year which that and having Burrow at QB is why he was so successful. I do have a full on write up on him i did back in February if you care enough to take a look. Granted A.J Brown was mostly in the slot at Ole Miss but he had flashed on the boundary enough to make me comfortable thinking he could do it in the pro's, but I did not see that in the film with Jefferson. He has incredible hands but we need a true X receiver and with the likes of Higgins and Mims still on the board i would 10/10 have them over Jefferson.
    • Definitely agree about QB but not WR. I feel like there’s more of a chance that he’d draft a receiver, but just not the ones people are mocking or as high. Like I wouldn’t be shocked to see Bryan Edwards in the 3rd round, Gandy Golden in the 4th, or even Van Jefferson.   That would be one of those head scratching Ballard things that would make you have to just trust in the process. Like when we drafted Malik Hooker at 18. No one saw that coming. Still a good pick at the time though.
    • Thanks Dr. T.  This is always fun.   I also, always find it funny, how many people do their mock drafts on this forum, post definitely who they thinks the Colts will take, etc. but then stay a million miles away from the draft contest.
  • Members

• Archer

Archer 1,263

• Dogg63

Dogg63 270

• PeterBowman

PeterBowman 3,309

• twfish

twfish 1,997

• rock8591

rock8591 1,067

• Caleb3502