Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

Great overall game, Colts are going to crush the Titans next week who have just absolutely looked like one of the worst teams in the league the last two games.  Hopefully Buffalo beats the Texans.

I think we are getting too happy tbh lol yeah we played very good today vs the JAGS ...I think we still have to see how we look vs a playoff contender before jumping to conclusions

I think we are getting too happy tbh lol yeah we played very good today vs the JAGS ...I think we still have to see how we look vs a playoff contender before jumping to conclusions

I agree, but it's good to beat up on a bad team, not let them hang around and struggle to execute. The Pats beat the Raiders, but the score was 16-9. I'll take 44-10 any day.

We have played two playoff contenders already, could as easily been 1-1 or even 2-0

Bortles stats are going to be skewed due to so bad angles/tackling

True but he passes the eye test.  He's gonna get better.

I heard Debbie Downer music after reading this.

I agree, but it's good to beat up on a bad team, not let them hang around and struggle to execute. The Pats beat the Raiders, but the score was 16-9. I'll take 44-10 any day.

You are correct

Nothing more infuriating than a garbage TD to pad stats. Way to go Jags.... :yuk: 

You are correct I just don't want to see us complaining if we struggle against another good team after this demolition.

Good teams are harder to beat than bad teams. No surprise there. 

Jax at Colts should be a more interesting game.

Maybe...I need a bigger sample size from Bortles before I start to worry.

Bortles to Cecil Shorts III, shortens the lead to 44-17 for the Jaguars.

Obviously our offense wasn't wide open or anything but think of it this way. 17 - 14 Jags in the 2nd half.

Good game today, I think we played a solid 4 quarters.  Feels good to get this Win under our belt :)

Maybe...I need a bigger sample size from Bortles before I start to worry.

True, but you have to trust your eyes when looking at a rookie QB in his first game.  And he's made some nice throws and even some runs that that Henne can't make.

He doesn't have the experience or the talent around him yet.  But once you get a legit QB under center then the rest is a lot easier.

He's gonna make mistakes especially in game 1.  I mean Luck threw 3 picks his first game and only 1 TD. 

The Colts are the only team to win in the AFC South today, so we're climbing the ladder back to our spot atop the division!

giphy.gif

Colts just defeated the Jaguars 44-17, earning their first win of 2014!!!!! Please proceed to forward your post game comments on the threads in the Colts Football forum. Hope all of you enjoyed the game today as I have. GO COLTS!!!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Watson was drafted 5 years later than Luck. He may not of been as good as Luck was in 2014, but I'll take Watson at 24 over a rusty Luck at 30 anyday. Wilson may of won the SB based off his running attack and defense, but he is easily the 2nd best QB today and has carried that team for awhile since the defense has fallen off. He has also never had an O-Line and his WR's have been subpar until recently.    Luck didn't win the important games. He never beat the Pats or Steelers in his career, and those were the games that mattered most since they were in our conference and were our obstacles to making the SB at that time. His last game will be known for losing to Patrick Mahomes in his 2nd year. I have serious doubts Luck would of ever beat Mahomes and the Chiefs, and there are several other QBs like Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson (in the division) that were as good or better than him.    When you are the no1 overall pick, you go to a worse team, plain and simple. You want to argue Luck had it worse than Wilson when Luck was the best prospect since Elway supposedly and Wilson was a 3rd round QB. Maybe Wilson was underrated and Luck was overrated? Most QBs that go no1 overall don't win SBs early in their careers for a reason, the team they get drafted to is awful and they are supposed to be the savior and the answer to the team. Luck may of been that, but he took his ball and went home.   No excuses. Ballard built a team around him, and Luck even played with a solid version of it in 2018. He quit, and now guys like Wilson, Jackson and Watson are the new faces of the NFL. I'd rather have one of them then someone who doesn't have passion for the game, and screwed all of his teammates and the fans.
    • Watson had a good year in 2019 with 26 TDs and 12 INTs. In 2018, he had 26 TDs and 9 INTs. If Luck had those stats, we would say that Luck had a down year. No way has Watson eclipsed Luck, and I don't think that's a controversial statement to make, right?   Luck never made the Super Bowl, unlike Russel Wilson.   By the way, what was the Seahawks' defensive ranking the year they won the Super Bowl? I'll give you a hint -- it was #1. Rushing offense rank - #1. And how about their passing offense? It was ranked as #27. Looks to me that their #1 ranked defense and their #1 ranked rushing offense had a lot to do with getting to the Super Bowl. Here is the stats page from ESPN as reference.  https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/season/2014/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame/dir/desc   By the way, who had the #1 passing offense that year? Yup, you guessed it. Luck and the Colts. The Colts had the #1 passing offense despite a poor O-line, and no run game, meaning that teams knew they were going to throw the ball, and they still couldn't stop Luck. Russell Wilson is a very good QB, but it's all too clear that you need a complete TEAM to make it to the Super Bowl. Take for example Manning with the Colts vs Manning with the Broncos. The Broncos gave Manning a good O-line, WRs, TE, and great defense and that resulted in multiple Super Bowls in a very short period of time.   Is it fair to say that Luck didn't step up? He carried a garbage roster to the post season every time he was healthy. He beat the Seahawks and the Legion of Boom defense, the 49ers with harbaugh, and Manning led Broncos teams. He has won plenty of big games.   Lastly, Jared - Let's say that you play for a football team. You are surrounded with a few good players and the rest of the team is largely just trash. You somehow find a way to carry your team to the playoffs, time-and-time again. Yet, you lose in the playoffs. Should we blame YOU or the trash players around you who couldn't contribute when you needed them to?  
    • Well in light of seeing that then i change my mind and say thats pretty dumb to opt out when this virus isnt a big deal.
  • Members

• Nadine

Nadine 9,836

Administrators
    • Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 4,985

• DynaMike

DynaMike 21

• richard pallo

richard pallo 2,926

• Flash7

Flash7 2,641