Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I had a bit of time (Not often)    Lets start with this for OUR FAs (estimated cap hit) Hilton 5  Houston 6 Rhodes 5 Carrie 2 Pascal 4 Trey  Burton - 2 Mo - 3 Muhammid - 3 Odum - 3   All other FA we let go   This rolls up to 34-35M   We might be able to shave off a bit from this total, (I went a little high) but probably not much.   Going into the FA / Draft we would all agree that we need to come out with a QB and LT that can play THIS YEAR   If we stay pat at 21, I believe that we could get a starter at LT.  This draft seems to have a nice group of tackles.    The QBs available to us at 21 just arent going to be ready to play this year, and maybe not ever. (50% of first round QBs wash out)   If we traded our 2nd round and next year 1st to Detroit for Stafford  - He would cost us around 20M   20+35 = 55M - We have a 65 M to spend   That leaves us 10M and we will need more than half of that to sign our rookies and have some emergency money for FA during the season   The one good thing..... we start with a 'large' cap compared to other teams.....  they have these same problems with less to start with, which should make some bargains be available     We better draft well            
    • Trade a conditional 2nd rounder for Darnold (start with 3rd and becomes 2nd once he becomes starter and starts for 8 games or something like that) and get it over with as soon as the Jets pick a QB.  1st rounder for Darnold, the Jets are not going to get that with any team. Since our 2nd rounder is later, I would be fine to give them our 2nd rounder straight up, now that I think about it.   Stafford, while he might be the best fit for the next few years, will not come easy. The Lions, if they play hard ball and ask for our first rounder and a future 2nd rounder, would you be fine with that? Carson Palmer is the only one I can think of that got traded that late in his career. In October of 2011, the Bengals traded the "retired" Palmer to the Raiders for a first-round pick in 2012 and a second rounder in 2013. I am thinking that will be the exact comparison the Lions will use, the more and more I think about it.
    • look I've a colts fan since I been 8 years old, I'm now 65 and maybe have another 20 years to wait for another SB ring. Get it done now. Come on now, 2 SB bowls wins in 57 years blows.  
    • Confused,   get Watson from texans. trade brisett and eason  and a pick or two from draft for him and whatever the hell else they want. then pick up a backup qb from the junk pile when they are all released before the season starts.   3  very good runners in the backfield. throw the ball when we cant run.  hope this helps. Maybe not a good idea, maybe a good idea.  We are paying 2 qbs sitting on a bench watching someone play. we should not even need a qb if either brisset or eason was any good ? stop screwing around and get rid of them.     
    • I wonder if they donate if their team loses that game. 
  • Members

• SVFD Colts Fan

SVFD Colts Fan 5

• RollerColt

RollerColt 2,328

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1

Rookie
    • Swan Ronson

Swan Ronson 46

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 1,509