Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why is it that this game is all about Manning to prove a point because his team

mirobi

What does New England have to do with this game? The team(Colts) has to prove they can beat Denver IN Denver because as of right now the AFC goes through Denver until the Colts or NE or some other unsuspecting team knocks them off......Beat Denver in Denver?......We will TAKE our respect!,,,,Respect is not given...Its earned

Media loves Denver....... Enough said

Don't understand how the team who just got destroyed in the SB not too long ago is the "Team to Beat" but hey, that's media logic for you :dunno:

Two words sum it up....Peyton Manning...And rightfully so the media knows that with Peyton the Broncos will always be one of the top teams that ya have to go through, Take him away and ya still have great talent in Denver but ya got all kinds of questions at the most important position in the game....QB...and no QB means....well....we know first hand what happens

Don't understand how the team who just got destroyed in the SB not too long ago is the "Team to Beat" but hey, that's media logic for you :dunno:

Probably because during the off season they took steps to improve upon their weaknesses.  They do look to be the top of the heap in the AFC though.

Probably because during the off season they took steps to improve upon their weaknesses. They do look to be the top of the heap in the AFC though.

Signing "Big Name" players doesn't guarantee you're gonna be better

Ask the Eagles how signing big names went for them

What were Vince Young's words "The Dream Team" was it? Yeah, how'd that turn out?

Means nothing if it doesn't come together on the field

What were Vince Young's words "The Dream Team" was it? Yeah, how'd that turn out?

A team can't improve unless they take the steps necessary to improve.  They had specific weakness which were exposed dramatically in the super bowl.

Peyton Manning is the team.  Without him, the Broncos would be the Buccaneers or the Falcons, at best.

The Broncos got humiliated in the SB last year and the talking heads want him to win one more as it makes a better story.   Plus, he's easy to like.  This way, he'd have won two championships with two different teams.  

By beating the Colts on a nationally televised game, he can a) make people forget about the SB loss and b) Peyton can beat his old team as he didn't do it last year.  This is a very dramatic game for the media.  

Peyton Manning is the team. Without him, the Broncos would be the Buccaneers or the Falcons, at best.

The Broncos got humiliated in the SB last year and the talking heads want him to win one more as it makes a better story. Plus, he's easy to like. This way, he'd have won two championships with two different teams.

By beating the Colts on a nationally televised game, he can a) make people forget about the SB loss and b) Peyton can beat his old team as he didn't do it last year. This is a very dramatic game for the media.

I don't think anyone is gonna forgot that SB massacre. Gotta be Top 10 in super bowl blowouts at least

Peyton Manning is the team.  Without him, the Broncos would be the Buccaneers or the Falcons, at best.

The Broncos got humiliated in the SB last year and the talking heads want him to win one more as it makes a better story.   Plus, he's easy to like.  This way, he'd have won two championships with two different teams.  

By beating the Colts on a nationally televised game, he can a) make people forget about the SB loss and b) Peyton can beat his old team as he didn't do it last year.  This is a very dramatic game for the media.  

or  c) it would be another record. The only QB to beat all 32 teams.

Yeah but that's why the Broncos have so much hype just like the dream team did.

Because it's the all mighty God of all QBs, Peyton Manning,.....and honestly the Colts are just lucky to be part of this public display of worship at times.

There is some of this for sure but I think because the Colts beat Manning last year is why this is kind of a revenge game. Honestly, I think last year was just so emotional for Peyton coming back to Indy and the tribute and then Irsay's comments. I expect him to be on his game from the first play but I still think the Colts mess with him emotionally so if he is at all off his game then we have to take advantage. To be honest, I am just as worried about that Denver Dline as I am Manning. Pep needs to have some quick reads for Luck and some misdirection to keep the heat off of him. We need the run game too. Big time.

This game will always have the media buzz, but it has died down from last year. Besides the Manning coming back to Indy angle last year, you had the celebration Manning didn't want at that time , Irsay 's twitter comments , and opening up the roof of the stadium to bring in blustery cold and winds. Those were some good story lines for the media.

It's more than big name signings, you have to look at the type of guys you are signing.  Me first and mercenary guys are hard to coach and quick to give themselves names.  IIRC, Andy Reid was not on board with the name and wanted to see the guys grind it out at camp and click with the team.  It didn't happen and  while I'd like to say it was coaching, Andy Reid can coach and went to playoffs bunch of times with the Eagles minus dream team members.  So if big name guys buy in to the system and want to be part of something bigger overall, it will work.  If they are there for their stats and their contract... maybe not so much.

As far as original post, Peyton Manning is a threat to win any game anytime.  He is a HOF QB that is still playing, and folks want to see how he finishes a great career.  Many want him to get another SB trophy and propel him to the best ever plane of discussion.

Probably because the SB is still between the AFC and the NFC, and for right now the Broncos are still the AFC Champs and look to have improved themselves rather than taking a step back (like the Ravens did after they won the SB where starters retired and other long time starters were traded or released).

Just like many Colts fans think the Colts are going to be the team to beat this year because they have made improvements to the areas they were weak last year.

Which means absolutely nothing at kickoff this evening.

To me & you? Of course it means nothing

To the media: Everything until Denver redeems themselves

Example:

*Peyton calls hike and throws a pass away which was intended for D. Thomas but Vontae's coverage forced it away*

Media: "Well folks, that's not the D. Thomas we're use to. Can't break away from the coverage of the CB. He may still be down about that whopping they took just a few months ago in the SB"

:lol:

Media are dogs man, they'll use anything against you

A team can't improve unless they take the steps necessary to improve.  They had specific weakness which were exposed dramatically in the super bowl.

i don't feel they improved in the right area. It wasn't the broncos defense that lost them the super bowl. it was their offense. So they got rid of moreno who manning didn't really hand it off to in the super bowl and got rid of decker. Added sanders and latimer. Still have the center who snapped the ball over mannings head, got worse on special teams seemingly improved the pass rush by adding ware to replace dumervil got tj ward and the injury prone talib. But the part of the team that lost them the super bowl has really changed much.

yea the media are dogs i can see they saying if we do win the colts won because they didn't have welker and will not mention the fact mathis and possibly holmes was out. then if the broncos blow us out they'd be like they sent a message to the rest of the nfl and how much scarier will their offense be when welker returns

They are the defending AFC champions in case you didn't remember. 

there are analyst who have the broncos ranked over seattle already because of their preseason game. its obvious the hawks were holding back and i don't know how you rank a team that got destroyed in the superbowl as some unbeatable force when they haven't played one game yet.

I don't think anyone is gonna forgot that SB massacre. Gotta be Top 10 in super bowl blowouts at least

Only top 10? I'm not too keen on SB history, but has the backup QB ever come in that early (not because of injury)?  

That game was practically over in the first quarter.