Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predictions for Sunday

BProland85

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll lose Sunday.    I don't think it will be close.

I think we're a long way from where we want to be.

And I think we'll lose the home opener against Philly.

And, all in all,  I'm OK with that.

We've got all sorts of issues to sort out.

We could open 0-2 and I won't be worried.    Because the season is a marathon and not a sprint.   And eventually we'll turn it around.     I wouldn't be surprised if after 11 weeks the Colts are 5-5 (includes the bye week)....

But the last 6 games of the year are very, very winnable.     If we win all of them,  that's 11-5.   If we lose just one,  that's 10-6 and that still gets the Colts to the playoffs.

It's a long year....   and the speed bumps are at the start of the ride.    It's going to get very bumpy before things smooth out.

Patience will be required this year more than most years.....

p.s. -- in the interest of full disclosure,  I also thought we'd lose last year to San Francisco, Seattle and Denver and how did that turn out?!?       :thmup:    

We could open 0-2 and I won't be worried.    Because the season is a marathon and not a sprint.   And eventually we'll turn it around.     I wouldn't be surprised if after 11 weeks the Colts are 5-5 (includes the bye week)....

But the last 6 games of the year are very, very winnable.     If we win all of them,  that's 11-5.   If we lose just one,  that's 10-6 and that still gets the Colts to the playoffs.

It's a long year....   and the speed bumps are at the start of the ride.    It's going to get very bumpy before things smooth out.

p.s. -- in the interest of full disclosure,  I also thought we'd lose last year to San Francisco, Seattle and Denver and how did that turn out?!?       :thmup:    

philly and broncos don't scare me the pats are our achilles heel

I'm a Colts fan through and through and I think most people on this forum know that.  That being said, I don't think the Colts will win this game and I don't think it will be particularly close.  I think the Broncos are too good on both sides of the ball and the Colts are still trying to find their way.

But, that is why they play the game... a fumble on a KO or punt, a strip sack at the right time can change everything.  So I'll be watching and cheering as much as I can.

bronks are a team of superstars on both sides of the ball. on paper our talent level is below theirs. imo only way we can win is the ball bounce our way, calls in our favor, and luck.  I expect a big loss, but hope for a lucky win. just hope we can at least compete and not look too bad

philly and broncos don't scare me the pats are our achilles heel

Disagree 100% with this statement.  Pats are overrated from the top to the bottom of their roster.  The Bronco game will be the year's toughest game.  That being said, it's not a mismatch, and anyone who says it is is not very high on the Colts.  We forget about the chess match that goes on in every regular season game.  Our passing game is a strength and matches up with Denver's defensive strength (secondary).  But I'm not sure they have the CBs to match up well against all of our receiving options.  If they have to put extra DBs in there, I'm not so sure we won't be able to run the ball effectively, particularly if Holmes plays.  Plus, without Welker, I'm not too high on Denver's receiving corps.  Manning could be productive with no ones in his receiving corps, but last year's production was largely result of teaming him with the NFL's best WR corps.  I don't expect us to win with so many factors stacking against the Colts (at Denver, opening game of season, Denver's embarrassing SB loss, etc.), but I wouldn't be shocked to see us upset them...

Disagree 100% with this statement.  Pats are overrated from the top to the bottom of their roster.  The Bronco game will be the year's toughest game.  That being said, it's not a mismatch, and anyone who says it is is not very high on the Colts.  We forget about the chess match that goes on in every regular season game.  Our passing game is a strength and matches up with Denver's defensive strength (secondary).  But I'm not sure they have the CBs to match up well against all of our receiving options.  If they have to put extra DBs in there, I'm not so sure we won't be able to run the ball effectively, particularly if Holmes play.  Plus, without Welker, I'm not too high on Denver's receiving corps.  Manning could be productive with no ones in his receiving corps, but last year's production was largely result of teaming him with the NFL's best WR corps.  I don't expect us to win with so many factors stacking against the Colts (at Denver, opening game of season, Denver's embarrassing SB loss, etc.), but I wouldn't be shocked to see us upset them...

To say the Pats are overrated shows ignorance.  They're most likely a 12-4 to 13-3 team again this season.  They have a harder schedule than the Colts do.  Pats have to play the Broncos, Colts, Chargers, Chiefs, Packers, Lions, Bears.

The Pats have blown out the Colts 2 straight times with mediocre weapons on offense and the Pats have gotten better on both sides of the ball.

In order for the Colts to overcome the dominance of the Pats they would have had to make significant gains over the Pats which they have not done.  If anything it's still the same between the two.  Since the game will be in Indy this year in a climate controlled stadium with the home crowd on the Colts side the game should be a closer game.  I don't expect the Pats to blow out the Colts in Indy.  I think the Pats win by 3 to 7 points as it comes down to the remaining minutes of the 4th quarter.

I am predicting a close game in Miami against the Phins.  Dolphins tend to give the Pats a competitive game most seasons.

To say the Pats are overrated shows ignorance.  They're most likely a 12-4 to 13-3 team again this season.  They have a harder schedule than the Colts do.  Pats have to play the Broncos, Colts, Chargers, Chiefs, Packers, Lions, Bears.

The Pats have blown out the Colts 2 straight times with mediocre weapons on offense and the Pats have gotten better on both sides of the ball.

In order for the Colts to overcome the dominance of the Pats they would have had to make significant gains over the Pats which they have not done.  If anything it's still the same between the two.  Since the game will be in Indy this year in a climate controlled stadium with the home crowd on the Colts side the game should be a closer game.  I don't expect the Pats to blow out the Colts in Indy.  I think the Pats win by 3 to 7 points as it comes down to the remaining minutes of the 4th quarter.

Ignorance you say? I say Illusory Superiority, check mate!

I am predicting a close game in Miami against the Phins.  Dolphins tend to give the Pats a competitive game most seasons.

..Is that Vladimir Putin? Why? lol

Sounds like someone has been studying and respouting the "analysts'" dull platitudes.  I like the Colts in Indy, especially since the Pats roster is rife with injury risks (Gronk, Amendola, Mayo, Wolfork, Easley, Vollmer, Dobson), which should make them iffy by week 10...

imo the broncos will be great if manning still has it, if his age is catching up not so great

He still has it. He's been floating the ball for years but has great anticipation and spacing awareness. When the leg strength starts to go he's done. Father time is undefeated.

The loser of the Super Bowl has not done well in week 1 since 2000 I think only 2 have covered the spread including the Niners last year. I wanna say 10 have lost out right not a hard thing to look up. I will be betting on the Colts to cover.

Manning lost his season opener to the Texans the year following our loss to the Saints. I am sure the Pats fan can tell you what happened the yr after the loss the first time to NYG the next time they were the other winner a close one in Miami I believe.

We may not win the game but history points strongly to a close game and in a close game I like our chances. I think the O Line is going to surprise as long as Pep keeps the FB off the field and fights the argue to pull Mewhort. Hopefully he catches on faster than last year. Turn Luck loose.

Welker is a big loss in the slot. He and Moreno were Peyton's security blankets last year both gone. When healthy our Secondary is pretty good and can match up with what Denver is running out there. J Thomas is the guy to really watch. He can't beat us. Then let Davis earn the money on D Thomas. Front 7 has looked good vs the run. Manning is no where near as mobile as Brees we will be able to get to him and I think with the blitz as well. Ball/Anderson is a huge downgrade at blitz pick up lack of familiarity with WR will help us.  

The only receivers he has from last year is Thomas & Thomas. That will be a problem. Moreno will be missed in the passing game especially blocking. Denver is not going to march up and down the field on our D unless we continue to get those holding calls. Or the offense plays horrible and hangs the D out to dry time of possession will be key. I don't see either happening.

On offense I think we are as good as anyone. I think the O Line might surprise and Shipley at C might actually help. He has been there before tough place to start your first game  at Mile High. Who even knows what Holmes can do?  

The only thing that I think can stop our O is Pep. If he leaves the FB and pulling the LG in Indy we will be able to run the ball. We did all preseason it was a few no gains and negative plays each game that made Trent's number look bad.

What may well be the deciding factor is special teams. We had an advantage here prior to the happenings but now it is significant. Welker is out Denver has a rookie PR I guess they could stick Caldwell back there in tough situations. They have a rookie K. Pat gives us an advantage in field position.

Mile High is a tough place to win but not impossible. Colts love to circle the wagons this one is for 98. Colts 34-31

Manning lost his season opener to the Texans the year following our loss to the Saints. I am sure the Pats fan can tell you what happened the yr after the loss the first time to NYG the next time they were the other winner a close one in Miami I believe.

Manning was 40-57 433 yards and 3 TDs in that game,  I know it doesn't fit into the rest of your spiel but Manning did not lose that game.  A defense that gave up 230+ yards on the ground to Arian Foster was the reason the Colts lost that game.

The loser of the Super Bowl has not done well in week 1 since 2000 I think only 2 have covered the spread including the Niners last year. I wanna say 10 have lost out right not a hard thing to look up. I will be betting on the Colts to cover.

Did you watch last year season opener against the Ravens after winning a superbowl? He put up 7 touchdowns that game!

Disagree 100% with this statement.  Pats are overrated from the top to the bottom of their roster.  The Bronco game will be the year's toughest game.  That being said, it's not a mismatch, and anyone who says it is is not very high on the Colts.  We forget about the chess match that goes on in every regular season game.  Our passing game is a strength and matches up with Denver's defensive strength (secondary).  But I'm not sure they have the CBs to match up well against all of our receiving options.  If they have to put extra DBs in there, I'm not so sure we won't be able to run the ball effectively, particularly if Holmes plays.  Plus, without Welker, I'm not too high on Denver's receiving corps.  Manning could be productive with no ones in his receiving corps, but last year's production was largely result of teaming him with the NFL's best WR corps.  I don't expect us to win with so many factors stacking against the Colts (at Denver, opening game of season, Denver's embarrassing SB loss, etc.), but I wouldn't be shocked to see us upset them...

I dis agree with your disagreement the pats have owned us two years in a row the broncos have yet to beat us therefore the pats are the biggest threat

Emmanuel Sanders bothers me a bit because Toler is more physical than fast. We all remember how Donnie Avery just sprinted past him in the Chiefs playoff game and Eric Decker got some decent gains against Toler as well in the Broncos game.

It is like you still have no idea that Toler was less than 100% against KC. No end here.

Sounds like someone has been studying and respouting the "analysts'" dull platitudes.  I like the Colts in Indy, especially since the Pats roster is rife with injury risks (Gronk, Amendola, Mayo, Wolfork, Easley, Vollmer, Dobson), which should make them iffy by week 10...

And what if all those guys are playing and Wayne and TY aren't?   Your logic is flawed.

Uh, if anything you are not actually following the Colts and don`t know the difference between Nicks and Heyward-Bey. LOL

So glad it's football season again. And I'm actually glad to be back on here too.

Our roster is a little better than last year, as too is Denvers. This time the game is in Denver so, in theory, it should be a Bronco's W.

But as with the game last year, I have that feeling. Colts win 42-33, Luck throws for 300+, 3 TDs and runs in another.

I don't think we lose both one maybe but not both.

Did you watch last year season opener against the Ravens after winning a superbowl? He put up 7 touchdowns that game!

Dude Manning didn't win a Super Bowl in Denver . Not sure what you are talking about. They lost to the Ravens in the AFC Championship game at home as a favorite. Then got their clock cleaned by Seattle again as a favorite

I am talking about the Super Bowl losers have lost in week 1 games 9/13 times and have only covered only twice or something close to that. SF lost to Baltimore in the Super Bowl and were one on the 2 teams to cover the spread week one.

Denver wasn't in the Super Bowl. until last year and they got blown out making them the Super Bowl loser this year we will see what happens week 1.

Manning was 40-57 433 yards and 3 TDs in that game,  I know it doesn't fit into the rest of your spiel but Manning did not lose that game.  A defense that gave up 230+ yards on the ground to Arian Foster was the reason the Colts lost that game.

The team lost after the team lost the Super Bowl the year before. That is all I am talking about you can't bet on a player. Well prop bets but not usually during regular season games.

Dude Manning didn't win a Super Bowl in Denver . Not sure what you are talking about. They lost to the Ravens in the AFC Championship game at home as a favorite. Then got their clock cleaned by Seattle again as a favorite

I am talking about the Super Bowl losers have lost in week 1 games 9/13 times and have only covered only twice or something close to that. SF lost to Baltimore in the Super Bowl and were one on the 2 teams to cover the spread week one.

Denver wasn't in the Super Bowl. until last year and they got blown out making them the Super Bowl loser this year we will see what happens week 1.

I am talking about the Ravens. They won the superbowl. Then the 1st week of the following season Peyton put up 7 TD's on them.

The team lost after the team lost the Super Bowl the year before. That is all I am talking about you can't bet on a player. Well prop bets but not usually during regular season games.

That's fine and the team did lose the opener to the Texans.  I guess I just misunderstood when you said, "Manning lost his season opener to the Texans the year following our loss to the Saints. "

And in the last 6 years the Colts are the only team to lose the SB and then lose the first game of the following season.

I am talking about the Ravens. They won the superbowl. Then the 1st week of the following season Peyton put up 7 TD's on them.

What does that have to do with the team that lost in the Super Bowl? The Ravens won the Super Bowl and Denver wasn't in the Super Bowl. It is called the curse of the Super Bowl Loser they have a really bad record period and since 2000 against the spread and have only won the week 1 game outright like twice maybe 3x. Look it up.

Of the first 46 Super Bowl losers, two won the big game the next season. The last team to do it: the 1972

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/03/02/curse-of-the-super-bowl-loser-49ers-will-attempt-to-break-41-year-drought/

That's fine and the team did lose the opener to the Texans.  I guess I just misunderstood when you said, "Manning lost his season opener to the Texans the year following our loss to the Saints. "

And in the last 6 years the Colts are the only team to lose the SB and then lose the first game of the following season.

NO you are missing the point almost every team that lost the Super Bowl has lost game one the next year since 2000. Last year the 49ers won and I believe the Pats beat the Dolphins but it was after a Super Bowl loss that Brady tore his ACL week 1.

There must not be a lot of people who wager on games in this forum. It is called the Curse of the Super Bowl Loser. Here have a look I can't get to the gambling stuff I am at work and those sites are blocked.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/03/02/curse-of-the-super-bowl-loser-49ers-will-attempt-to-break-41-year-drought/