Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Many Roster Moves (Merge)

ar1888

I'm sure other will post this while I am but...

Colts today signed

Thomas Austin ( C )

Marcus Hall (G)

Nu'Keese Richardson.

Waived/Injured

Daniel Adongo

Jeris Pendleton

Brandon Burton (injury settlement)

Glad we picked Nu'keese back up personally. Coaches and others talked about his athletisism when he was he for that very short period.

Disappointed about the Adongo and Pendleton news. Was hoping for decent seasons from them! I heard Pendleton was playing well this year and was good DL depth.

Can't wait for our next game. The starters play the full first QTR now. Then the week after the first half!!!!!

:cheer:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm..

Can't tell whether I'm excited to watch our starters play in the preseason and continue to get injured or would rather wait until the regular season to watch them get inured.

Jeris Pendleton going to IR hurts. He played really well yesterday. 

Hurts might be an overstatement imo.  He's the guy at the bottom of the depth chart.  I'm sure between Kerr, Obukwelu, and Hoover, one of those guys can fill that final spot.  Heck, actually now that I think about it, if McKinney stays healthy, Pendleton may not have even made the final roster.

Austin has a little experience. We could have a Hall next to a Hall!

Too bad about Adongo, but I think I'm over hoping he works out. Size and athleticism are meaningless if you can't play the game, much less stay healthy.

right.  Sure we all want him to turn into a monster OLB but the odds are not really in his favor.  Heck the odds of him even making the 53 man roster this year were closer to none than they were to slim.  I'd never wish injury to any player, but if I were forced to choose one of our OLB's to put on IR it would be Adongo.

Info on Thomas Austin ( C ) if you don't remember him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Austin_%28American_football%29

Austin played in one game for the Colts last season and has made eight appearances (one start) over the past three seasons for Indianapolis, Carolina, and Houston.

This guy has been around the block a few times:

Professional career Minnesota Vikings

After going undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft, Austin signed with the Minnesota Vikings on April 24, 2010. He was waived by the team during final cuts on September 4, 2010.

New England Patriots

The New England Patriots signed Austin to their practice squad on September 29, 2010. He was re-signed to a future contract on January 20, 2011. He was waived on September 3.

Houston Texans

On September 4, he was claimed off waivers by the Houston Texans. He was waived during cutdown day on September 1st, 2012

Second stint with New England Patriots

The New England Patriots signed Austin to their practice squad on September 1, 2012. On October 2nd, 2012, Austins contract was terminated.[1]

Carolina Panthers

On October 11, Austin signed with the Carolina Panthers, one day after Panthers Pro Bowl center Ryan Kalil was placed on injured reserve with a foot injury.[2] On July 22, 2013, Austin was waived by the Carolina Panthers.[3]

Indianapolis Colts

On August 1, 2013, Austin was signed by the Indianapolis Colts. After spending time on the practice squad, Austin was elevated to the active roster on December 21, 2013.[4]

bobcats????

or that team from columbus

Seriously?

Anyone who watched the OSU Michigatz game last year knows that Marcus knows how to use his hands. Or at least his fingers.

Well enough to be kept out of the starting lineup for the Big Ten championship game.

....Colts today signed

Thomas Austin ( C )
Marcus Hall (G)
Nu'Keese Richardson.

Glad we picked Nu'keese back up personally. Coaches and others talked about his athletisism when he was he for that very short period...

Well if Nu'keese cant get the kickoff returns job done, maybe we can try to sign Holiday?

Giants | Trindon Holiday may not make the roster

Sat, 09 Aug 2014 07:10:02 -0700

New York Giants WR Trindon Holliday (hamstring) looks unlikely to make the team, in the opinion of Dan Graziano of ESPN New York.