Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Thread 7/30

Superman

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us all hope for a healthy go the rest of the way for all Colts! Glad to hear that TY is a jammed finger. Anyone who has ever played a pickup game of basketball knows that it hurts when it happens but shouldn't have any lingering effects. I wish the best for DT. I shall take the pilot approach with that one, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. At least Mewhort seems to be developing well and playing with an edge.

Man, Luck throws a lot of interceptions. He's like 6'4, how is his passes getting tipped so often?

Is TY starting? I think he deserves to start over every wr, Reggie included. No more playing around with TY

TY definitely showed improvement last year but you're really going overboard here.  The slot/#3 WR is the perfect spot for TY.  Personally I wouldn't put him in very often in 2 WR sets (depending on how much his run blocking may have improved from last year).

TY definitely showed improvement last year but you're really going overboard here. The slot/#3 WR is the perfect spot for TY. Personally I wouldn't put him in very often in 2 WR sets (depending on how much his run blocking may have improved from last year).

TY Hilton is a lot more than a slot wr. He's a legit #1 imo. Hr can play outside just as well as inside. And he has to be accounted for with safety help @ all times.

And people wonder why Pagano is taking extra extra precaution with his nicked up players. I don't blame him

Is it strange that he is being so precautious with nicked up players but two vets that were out for the entire year one is gone before the first preseason game and one is up in the air as we speak?  They were both coming back from season ending injuries if you are going to be cautious.....

I guess there is no right answer.

Lance Louis you mean

I would guess Louis would be the front runner as well but if Holmes looks like he is struggling Thomas was a snapper if Memwhort has to take his spot we may need to hold on to Harrison. He has played G in the past.

Memwhort/Thomas were the guys names I heard taking snaps behind Holmes. If one is done and one moves into the line up that leaves us  scary at C. 

Is it strange that he is being so precautious with nicked up players but two vets that were out for the entire year one is gone before the first preseason game and one is up in the air as we speak? They were both coming back from season ending injuries if you are going to be cautious.....

I guess there is no right answer.

Ballard was hurt in a non-contact drill, nothing you can do about that.

As for Thomas, he's been rotating constantly with Mewhort at LG all camp so he wasn't getting a full workload probably part of the comeback plan they had in place for Thomas.

I would guess Louis would be the front runner as well but if Holmes looks like he is struggling Thomas was a snapper if Memwhort has to take his spot we may need to hold on to Harrison. He has played G in the past.

Memwhort/Thomas were the guys names I heard taking snaps behind Holmes. If one is done and one moves into the line up that leaves us  scary at C.

JH has versatility I not sure about Louis that is why Harrison before Louis for me

Let us all hope for a healthy go the rest of the way for all Colts! Glad to hear that TY is a jammed finger. Anyone who has ever played a pickup game of basketball knows that it hurts when it happens but shouldn't have any lingering effects. I wish the best for DT. I shall take the pilot approach with that one, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. At least Mewhort seems to be developing well and playing with an edge.

Yep, I played WR in high school. Jammed fingers hurt, but you can definitely play with them just fine. Should be completely pain free in a couple days. Heck, I fractured a finger in practice my freshman year and still went through two practices before going to get it looked at.

I hope it isn't bad..

But I laugh at everyone who complained when we picked Mewhort with our first pick! What a great pick that was now!

I actually like the line of AC, Mewhort, Holmes, Thorton, Cherilus

As long as those guys CAN STAY HEALTHY and gain some confidence in eachothers games and build a connection I think they can be solid!

JH has versatility I not sure about Louis that is why Harrison before Louis for me

That is the point I was trying to make factoring in that Memwhort and Thomas were the guys who were locks for the 53 man that were looking like emergency C's lose one the other becomes a starter you almost have to keep Harrison. He can play G.

Can/has Louis ever snapped? Or we keep an extra lineman and 5 WR's. To me 5 WR's is becoming more of a reality as camp goes on keeping a FB doesn't help the cause for 6

All this is premature until we find out what is up with Thomas hopefully just a scare.

Nope. Donald Thomas was an option for backup center.

He was an option at  C Grigs made reference to it on more than one occasion. Here is a couple they are all over the net about Thomas being a possibility at C according to Grigs

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/5345/colts-gm-keeping-options-open-on-center

http://news.rotowire.com/Donald-Thomas-googid281823-spnfl.htm

First time ever at training camp, and it wont be the last haha. Heres my break down of the day.

Da'Rick Rodgers showed only a few flashes of laziness today but 95% of the time he was running hard and blocking.

Ahmad Bradshaw looked very well and hit holes very well.

Trent Richardson, showed flashes of finding a good hole and agility but otherwise pretty much the same.

D'Qwell Jackson, looked very good today and had an interception.

Griff Whalen, very good practice dont think he had a drop.

Eric Thomas looked really really good today with some good catches.

Donte Moncreif, looked like an absolute freaking steal for us and had a bunch of very good plays.

Reggie Wayne, routes were crisp and still had good speed with good catches.

Greg Toller, looked very good MOST of the time had a huge play vs TY however got smoked by griff almost everytime.

Jack Doyle, he looked very good with alot of catches.

Overall today was a very balanced practice and listed people who stood out

8 years. . . I have no idea why a player would sign more then a 5 year deal personally.  

That sort of deal is likely heavily in the Cowboy's favor by quite a bit.  

chuckle & gettin' real.

when so many of this off seasons long deals are in essence 1 yr deals like Kaepernics.