Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clowney after Luck for a sack... again

ColtsBlueFL

What better way to impress your team than to sack the best in your division. If he does, his teammates will likely pat him on the back. If Luck avoids a sack by Clowney for an entire game, it won't come with the same fanfare.

Thus the difference. I'll take it as a sign of respect.

His battle will not be with Luck, but will instead be with Castonza. And with Castonza's protecting Luck's blind side with average success against the pass rush, Clowney might have more success getting to Luck than we want. Castonza's future with the Colts past 2015 is far from certain if he can not start protecting the Colt's number one asset. Drafting Mewhort may have had a more down the road reason behind it.

Somebody tell Clown that there will be no trophy presentation if/when he sacks Luck. 

If I'm a Texans fan, I'm not feeling real good watching Clowney dancing around after a sack during the week 15 game, down by 20 points and staring at a 5-9 record. 

One sack doesn't win him the game.  And sacking Luck, where Luck can escape, really it is against his line most of the time.  The W and also the Division title are what matters.  Mario Williams sacked Manning all the time, but did nothing to help them win the games.

His battle will not be with Luck, but will instead be with Castonza. And with Castonza's protecting Luck's blind side with average success against the pass rush, Clowney might have more success getting to Luck than we want. Castonza's future with the Colts past 2015 is far from certain if he can not start protecting the Colt's number one asset. Drafting Mewhort may have had a more down the road reason behind it.

1. It's spelled "Castonzo"

2. Your Post: :scorebad:

How is Castonzo's future in question when him & Cherilus were bookend tackles for us last year? The only good play we had coming from the offensive line

CASTONZA CASTONZA CASTONZA

1. It's spelled "Castonzo"

2. Your Post: :scorebad:

How is Castonzo's future in question when him & Cherilus were bookend tackles for us last year? The only good play we had coming from the offensive line

Yes Castonzo. Castonzo, for your infomation, is a weak pass protector. "Last season, Castonzo was the 22nd-rated left tackle in pass protection." http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2077433-how-improved-will-the-indianapolis-colts-offensive-line-be-in-2014 . (See other articles). If he was pass blocking for Cutler, I wouldn't mind, but not the best QB over the next decade. Your post :scratch:

BTW. Watch the pocket collapses in post 8, Lollygagger8, and see how poor Castonzo does.

Yes Castonzo. Castonzo, for your infomation, is a weak pass protector. "Last season, Castonzo was the 22nd-rated left tackle in pass protection." http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2077433-how-improved-will-the-indianapolis-colts-offensive-line-be-in-2014 . (See other articles). If he was pass blocking for Cutler, I wouldn't mind, but not the best QB over the next decade. Your post :scratch:

BTW. Watch the pocket collapses in post 8, Lollygagger8, and see how poor Castonzo does.

Stopped reading once you used BR as your source 

Never understood the bashing Castonzo receives around here. The fact that he's still here when we easily could've drafted his replacement or signed one & cut Anthony since he was on his rookie deal speaks volumes to me 

Yeah not really a great goal!! A very short term goal! I'm sure he will sack Andrew. He plays him twice a year.

His goal should be to sack every quarterback he plays atleast once or get a certain amount of sacks sacks or something like that. OR EVEN to make the playoffs and help his team in the process.

These new rookies. Smh

What else would anyone expect him to say?  Of course that's his goal.  Obviously making a comment like this is more appropriate AFTER being drafted by HOU, not before like he did previously. Should be some good battles with him for years to come. 

Yeah not really a great goal!! A very short term goal! I'm sure he will sack Andrew. He plays him twice a year.

His goal should be to sack every quarterback he plays atleast once or get a certain amount of sacks sacks or something like that. OR EVEN to make the playoffs and help his team in the process.

These new rookies. Smh

Khalil Mack has come out and said that he wants to sack Manning. And Brady. Corners have said they want to pick off Rodgers, Brees. Rookie pass rushers saying that they want to sack certain players when they come out isn't a new thing. People are, again, blowing things out of proportion and acting defensive when they don't need to.  

Does he really think his ESPY winning play against mediocre competition is how the real world works in the NFL?  I wonder if it has gone to his head.  

I do think is a compliment anytime you're mentioned with other greats like Manning and Brady even if it's your competition wanting to sack you.  Luck has gotten an awful lot of positive press around the circuit this year and other than well known Colts haters out there, he's elevated to the top with the already locks Hall of Famers which may be premature even to this Colts fan. 

I did notice he said "a sack" (not many sacks, or something similar).  If he's playing head to head 2 times a year for a decade, I'd be all too happy to give him "a sack."  

I am sure some of his veterans whispered in his ear to have bigger goals like taking the AFC South away or winning a Super Bowl.  I imagine he'll add that to his goal setting repertoire soon enough.  

Stopped reading once you used BR as your source 

Never understood the bashing Castonzo receives around here. The fact that he's still here when we easily could've drafted his replacement or signed one & cut Anthony since he was on his rookie deal speaks volumes to me 

The stats are from "Pro Football Focus’s pass-blocking and run-blocking efficiency ratings from 2012 to 2013". There are many others, Colts Fans included, that are all too aware of Castonzo's need to up his pass blocking skills. An open mind learns far more than a closed one.

The stats are from "Pro Football Focus’s pass-blocking and run-blocking efficiency ratings from 2012 to 2013". There are many others, Colts Fans included, that are all too aware of Castonzo's need to up his pass blocking skills. An open mind learns far more than a closed one.

Castonzo may have deficiencies but couldn't those same deficiencies and blown pass coverage come from the rest of our turn-style type interior line.  You can't put all of it on Castonzo as you are pointing the finger.  There is alot of blame to go towards the offensive line, he and Cherilus were the lone bright spots in our sub-par line.  Get the rose-colored glasses off and look objectively versus keying on on him so much.

I personally hope Luck breaks off a run, and trucks Clowney. That would shut him up. Dude hasn't played a down yet in the NFL. Luck is big enough to put him on his butt. "Welcome to the NFL, rookie!"

I personally hope Luck breaks off a run, and trucks Clowney. That would shut him up. Dude hasn't played a down yet in the NFL. Luck is big enough to put him on his butt. "Welcome to the NFL, rookie!"

Andrew is 6'4 239. Clowney is 6'5 266 lol.

If you want a good laugh, watch Satele on those gifs. Now that's a joke!!

Er, bad joke, since the joke was on us.