Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who is the best wr on the colts right now

CR91

I think moncrief will be the best of all of them when all is set and done but right now I give hilton and nicks the nod over reggie until he proves he is 100 percent back. Even then I still like hilton and nicks because they are better deep threats.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think moncrief will be the best of all of them when all is set and done but right now I give hilton and nicks the nod over reggie until he proves he is 100 percent back. Even then I still like hilton and nicks because they are better deep threats.

nicks isn't known as a deep threat receiver.

It's July 16th....

So my response to the question is......       I don't know, and I don't much care....

What I do know is we have the quality and the quantity to have a top WR core.  

It may be Reggie.   If not, it may be Hicks.   If not, it may be TYH.    If we're only talking WR's,  then it will be one of those three.

But, if we're also talking receivers in general,  then it could be Allen......     maybe even Fleener, though he's less likely.

We've got lots of talented guys for Andrew to throw to.....

This is a good problem to have.

I just don't know why we need an answer today.....     because what happens in August and during the regular season could change everything.......

My fearless prediction: Reggie Wayne will come back - as Adrian Peterson did from his knee - as strong - IF NOT STRONGER - than ever. Will have a banner year.

And I am going to make it a point to hang those non believers with egg on their faces out to dry - and quote every negative thing they ever said about him.

Oh yeah - now I remember - due to his age he will be a step slow anyways - I forgot! 

Bozos one and all. 

ColtsHappy

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 17, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, June 17, 2014 - off topic

Okay Pops. Since Nobody asked me to.

BTW, Congratulations on being named Forum Monitor. I'm sure you're up to the duties.

tumblr_mg2ph8H2mH1qkfwf2o1_500.gif

haha you're a child.

When your stupidity is clogging the topics I want to browse up, I'll speak up. Don't worry, a quick block and I won't have to deal with you again!

It's July 16th....

So my response to the question is......       I don't know, and I don't much care....

What I do know is we have the quality and the quantity to have a top WR core.  

It may be Reggie.   If not, it may be Hicks.   If not, it may be TYH.    If we're only talking WR's,  then it will be one of those three.

But, if we're also talking receivers in general,  then it could be Allen......     maybe even Fleener, though he's less likely.

We've got lots of talented guys for Andrew to throw to.....

This is a good problem to have.

I just don't know why we need an answer today.....     because what happens in August and during the regular season could change everything.......

How long have I been asleep???

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 17, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, June 17, 2014 - off topic

haha you're a child.

When your stupidity is clogging the topics I want to browse up, I'll speak up. Don't worry, a quick block and I won't have to deal with you again!

So are you going to contribute to the thread as I have or are you just going to clog up topics that other people what to browse (or "browse up" and the self proclaimed intelligent say.)

Clearly you didn`t understand what he said, but that is OK.

I think he does.  Gavin said DBs can make Reggie a non-factor if they get physical with him.  jskinnz responded by saying that if that were the case and all DBs had to do was get physical with him to make him a non-factor, he wouldn't have a Hall of Fame career and he wouldn't have so many consecutive games with 3 catches.  Makes sense to me.

Side note: for Reggie's catches record, is it just regular season games?  In the 2010 playoff game against the Jets, he was held to just 1 reception.  Since then, Reggie has played the 2011, 2012, and 2013 seasons, giving him a total of 16 x 3 = 48 games.  But the record stands at 64 consecutive games (and I'm not sure how it's tracked, whether he will pick up at 64 when he returns from injury or if the record ends at 64 since he didn't play the rest of the games).  So does the record only include regular season games?

I think he does.  Gavin said DBs can make Reggie a non-factor if they get physical with him.  jskinnz responded by saying that if that were the case and all DBs had to do was get physical with him to make him a non-factor, he wouldn't have a Hall of Fame career and he wouldn't have so many consecutive games with 3 catches.  Makes sense to me.

Side note: for Reggie's catches record, is it just regular season games?  In the 2010 playoff game against the Jets, he was held to just 1 reception.  Since then, Reggie has played the 2011, 2012, and 2013 seasons, giving him a total of 16 x 3 = 48 games.  But the record stands at 64 consecutive games (and I'm not sure how it's tracked, whether he will pick up at 64 when he returns from injury or if the record ends at 64 since he didn't play the rest of the games).  So does the record only include regular season games?

Yes, only regular season games.  I don't know if a streak like that looks only at games played or possible games played.

Um...........wut?

:omg: I know, How dare I say Reggie struggles sometimes to get separation against physical coverage, Though he had 65 or fewer yards in a game 4 of his 7 games played last year, Believe me Im as big a Reggie fan as anyone, He clearly is a hall of fame caliber receiver...But he has never been nor will ever been known as a physical wr that can separate well against physical coverage with any consistency

im not talking over their career, im talking right now. is reggie still the man or has ty surpassed him

TY showed serious improvement with his short to mid-range route running by seasons end. And he has excellent hands.

Andrew has also over targeted him some. I suspect that will continue.

Our pass & run blocking should be better so Play Action should be really good for TY & Andrew.

Run the ball? Andrew had ZERO Int`s in play action last season. :thmup:

I see TY as being our best guy creating space at all 3 levels so he should lead our WR`s in catches and yards.

He is iffy in the red zone so going from 5 last season to 10+ TD`s would be impressive. We certainly have a Number of other nice targets for the red zone.

We were a Negative controlling the Clock last season. I see a big change a coming there.

I see us pounding teams with the run in the 4th quarter. With that, and Reggie back and Nicks, TY should have less catches for the season but perhaps with a few more yards.

We are going to Ball on O this season. Grind them down, chew them up!

Unfortunately you don`t get it either. The reason Gavin used the word "if" they can get physical is because Reggie has Proven it is very difficult for DB`s to do. Therefore those limited instances where some have been able to would have little to no affect to Reggies HoF potential as jskinzz suggested. JMO of course.

BTW, Reggie has GREAT hands and gets Over targeted a lot so that streak tho Impressive, is what it is. A kool stat.

Unfortunately you don`t get it either. The reason Gavin used the word "if" they can get physical is because Reggie has Proven it is very difficult for DB`s to do. Therefore those limited instances where some have been able to would have little to no affect to Reggies HoF potential as jskinzz suggested. JMO of course.

BTW, Reggie has GREAT hands and gets Over targeted a lot so that streak tho Impressive, is what it is. A kool stat.

Then you could literally say that for any player and any situation.  If your pass rush can affect Tom Brady, if your defense can confuse Peyton Manning, if your offensive line can pass protect against Seattle, etc.  I think you're misinterpreting Gavin's words, but I could be wrong

:omg: I know, How dare I say Reggie struggles sometimes to get separation against physical coverage, Though he had 65 or fewer yards in a game 4 of his 7 games played last year, Believe me Im as big a Reggie fan as anyone, He clearly is a hall of fame caliber receiver...But he has never been nor will ever been known as a physical wr that can separate well against physical coverage with any consistency

Oh ya....the stats. Didn't know that the physicality of a WR was determined by stats. You may not see him as physical, and others may feel the same, but to make the blanket statement that his has never been known as a physical receiver still makes me wonder how your mind works.

I would wager a guess that the coach of the Pats would disagree with you. For the record, saying a WR struggles sometimes to get separation against physical coverage, is not the same angle as saying a WR is not physical. They are in different zip codes in my brain.

:omg: I know, How dare I say Reggie struggles sometimes to get separation against physical coverage, Though he had 65 or fewer yards in a game 4 of his 7 games played last year, Believe me Im as big a Reggie fan as anyone, He clearly is a hall of fame caliber receiver...But he has never been nor will ever been known as a physical wr that can separate well against physical coverage with any consistency

Who holds the record for consecutive games with at least three catches?

Oh ya....the stats. Didn't know that the physicality of a WR was determined by stats. You may not see him as physical, and others may feel the same, but to make the blanket statement that his has never been known as a physical receiver still makes me wonder how your mind works.

I would wager a guess that the coach of the Pats would disagree with you. For the record, saying a WR struggles sometimes to get separation against physical coverage, is not the same angle as saying a WR is not physical. They are in different zip codes in my brain.

"Oh ya....the stats. Didn't know that the physicality of a WR was determined by stats. You may not see him as physical, and others may feel the same, but to make the blanket statement that his has never been known as a physical receiver still makes me wonder how your mind works."

Thinking Reggie is a physical receiver makes wonder how your mind works, I would also say the film don't lie, Wayne is a great receiver...Probably hall of fame bound.....He wont be the first receiver that's considered not a real physical receiver to make the hall of fame. But he is not what I would call a physical receiver, Tough receiver? No question, Obviously he is, But physical? No I wouldn't say he is

"Oh ya....the stats. Didn't know that the physicality of a WR was determined by stats. You may not see him as physical, and others may feel the same, but to make the blanket statement that his has never been known as a physical receiver still makes me wonder how your mind works."

Thinking Reggie is a physical receiver makes wonder how your mind works, I would also say the film don't lie, Wayne is a great receiver...Probably hall of fame bound.....He wont be the first receiver that's considered not a real physical receiver to make the hall of fame. But he is not what I would call a physical receiver, Tough receiver? No question, Obviously he is, But physical? No I wouldn't say he is

I'll share with you how my mind works. If you had stated, "I have never considered Wayne to be a physical WR", you would not heard a peep out of me. Stating that he has "never been considered a physical WR" includes everybody, and is not only an incorrect assumtion, it is categorically false. Thus my reply to you. Blanket statements that are actually just your own opinion are simply not true....other than that they are your opinion, which you are entitled to voice.....just like everyone else.

I like your opinion, although I disagree at times. I am certainly not trying to argue with you. How that clears it up. 

I'll share with you how my mind works. If you had stated, "I have never considered Wayne to be a physical WR", you would not heard a peep out of me. Stating that he has "never been considered a physical WR" includes everybody, and is not only an incorrect assumtion, it is categorically false. Thus my reply to you. Blanket statements that are actually just your own opinion are simply not true....other than that they are your opinion, which you are entitled to voice.....just like everyone else.

I like your opinion, although I disagree at times. I am certainly not trying to argue with you. How that clears it up. 

I often times on the forum tend to give my opinion and it sounds like I am stating it as fact though its just my opinions, I do that thinking others will assume that these are just opinion, Not necessarily facts

I often times on the forum tend to give my opinion and it sounds like I am stating it as fact though its just my opinions, I do that thinking others will assume that these are just opinion, Not necessarily facts

Yes, I understand. These posts are all our opinions. But what you stated was... your opinion was that no one has ever considered him a physical WR.

If you didn't want to go to the effort of stating "I believe"....I get it. Then say RW is not a physical WR....never has been. Saying "never has been considered"...does not infer your opinion at all.....it infers everyone's opinion. Anyway.....I am done with this, it feels like I am preaching, I am not. I was merely explaining how your post appeared to the posting world and why I responded how I did.