Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Andre Johnson Frustrated "Is this still the place for me"

HtownColt

Andre Johnson is not on board with another Texans rebuild.

The veteran wide receiver said Tuesday’s he’s highly frustrated with the state of a franchise that went 2-14 last season. Johnson doesn’t plan to attend OTAs or an upcoming mandatory camp and is uncertain whether he wants to remain a Texan this year.

“Is this still the place for me?” Johnson asked, following a media event in which he presented the Houston Women’s Center with a $30,000 check.

Johnson missed last week’s first voluntary workout with new Texans coach Bill O’Brien. The veteran addressed the situation for the first time Tuesday.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/05/frustrated-andre-johnson-wonders-is-this-still-the-place-for-me/#23243101=0

@taniaganguli: Johnson said losing has been frustrating him. Mentioned being on his third head coach. #Texans

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mallett for Johnson straight up.

I'm pretty Johnson would love this.

Problem is the Pat's don't have the cap space for Johnson.

overthecap.com has the Pats at 7.8 mil in free cap space.  Johnson's base salary is 10 million by itself.  

Talk shows this morning before this hit the airwaves said they thought Andre might be ready for a change, however I doubt he would go to a team that is not a serious contender. He's been there since 2003 and only two winning seasons. Huge loss to the Texans, nice jester for Colts fans.

@ChronBrianSmith: #Texans' Andre Johnson: "I just look at my career. ... I've only been to the playoffs twice." #NFL

@ChronBrianSmith: Andre Johnson made it clear this isn't about his contract (which he restructured last year). It's about the state of the #Texans after 2-14.

@ChronBrianSmith: Losing, new coach, new QB hasn't sat well with Johnson

@ChronBrianSmith: #Texans' Andre Johnson: "I just look at my career. ... I've only been to the playoffs twice." #NFL

@ChronBrianSmith: Andre Johnson made it clear this isn't about his contract (which he restructured last year). It's about the state of the #Texans after 2-14.

@ChronBrianSmith: Losing, new coach, new QB hasn't sat well with Johnson

He may be willing to take less to play for a contender it sounds like.

Colts WR core after this season could be!!

Reggie (for 1 more year, last year of contract I believe, proly retires after next season)

Andre

T.Y

Rogers

Moncrief

Ohhhh my!!!!!!

Get him colts!!!

I know it's a LONG shot but just had to say it!! haha

Unstoppable

Colts WR core after this season could be!!

Reggie (for 1 more year, last year of contract I believe, proly retires after next season)

Andre

T.Y

Rogers

Moncrief

Ohhhh my!!!!!!

Get him colts!!!

I know it's a LONG shot but just had to say it!! haha

Unstoppable

I think Mocrief/Rogers/Hilton has the potential to be a great receiving core after this season, so I don't think we need to go pay him 8 million or whatever he will demand.

All they had to do was keep Schaub despite his bad stretch last year he is a solid QB, Now because they traded Schaub they have no QB, The Texans panicked over 1 bad year because Schaub went through a bad 4 game stretch and players got injured, At least with Schaub they knew they were going to be right there in the playoff hunt

All they had to do was keep Schaub despite his bad stretch last year he is a solid QB, Now because they traded Schaub they have no QB, The Texans panicked over 1 bad year because Schaub went through a bad 4 game stretch and players got injured, At least with Schaub they knew they were going to be right there in the playoff hunt

Schaub was terrible from the Pats game two seasons ago when he got destroyed in Foxboro right through last year. He lost confidence and was done in Houston. It was the right move to trade him and start over. I don't think they are done at the QB spot. They could still trade for Mallett or take a QB next year.

lmao lmao lmao

I'm very serious. The Texan's got their man and got him in the late 4th. STEAL.I'm thrilled, because now there going to be 10-15 years of LUCK/SAVAGE! I think Luck now has his rival. What a great rivalry it will be! Two very high character men, with morals, values and the sense of right and wrong. I love both of these wonderful kids!

I'm very serious. The Texan's got their man and got him in the late 4th. STEAL.I'm thrilled, because now there going to be 10-15 years of LUCK/SAVAGE! I think Luck now has his rival. What a great rivalry it will be! Two very high character men, with morals, values and the sense of right and wrong. I love both of these wonderful kids!

How many Tom Savage games have you watched?