Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Andre Johnson Frustrated "Is this still the place for me"

HtownColt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schaub was terrible from the Pats game two seasons ago when he got destroyed in Foxboro right through last year. He lost confidence and was done in Houston. It was the right move to trade him and start over. I don't think they are done at the QB spot. They could still trade for Mallett or take a QB next year.

If they take a QB next year , wouldn't that mean "they are done at the QB spot ?" 

More than you. I know the Tom Savage story well. You can ask resident Texan fan QWIZBOY to that. I even predicted that the Texan's would draft him in the 4th...they did.

Comments like that are so stupid.  How could you possibly know how many games he's watched to just assume that you've watched more?   /rant...carry on

It sounds like his contract is going to make it prohibitive for Houston to move him, between the dead money charge and the overall hit for 2014. But as a Patriots fan I will hope against hope that somehow he ends up in New England anyway! 

Schaub was terrible from the Pats game two seasons ago when he got destroyed in Foxboro right through last year. He lost confidence and was done in Houston. It was the right move to trade him and start over. I don't think they are done at the QB spot. They could still trade for Mallett or take a QB next year.

Or they could just get him when he walks after this season. When your rebuilding and your the new coach you have a little time before your on the hot seat. I doubt Mallett has a lot of suiters next offseason.

With the dead money Texans aren't shipping him anywhere. He is a great guy...good in the community..not a trouble maker. So what he doesn't come to camp...he won't miss a paycheck I assure you that. The Texans aren't going to pay to have him play for someone else...they aren't that desperate. Andre will be in uniform day 1.

I understand where Andre is coming from....thats tough to go back to a losing team but if he is patient...maybe he talks to Reggie and realizes it can still work out. A couple years and Houston could be competing for championships if that defense gels.

If they take a QB next year , wouldn't that mean "they are done at the QB spot ?" 

I would think so. I really have no idea what Bill O is thinking to be honest. Perhaps he thinks this QB by committee is the way to go but he really does not have one a legit player in the bunch. Or he could think Savage is his guy. I do think if things go south this season and the QB spot is the main issue then he will draft that position next year.

Or they could just get him when he walks after this season. When your rebuilding and your the new coach you have a little time before your on the hot seat. I doubt Mallett has a lot of suiters next offseason.

With the dead money Texans aren't shipping him anywhere. He is a great guy...good in the community..not a trouble maker. So what he doesn't come to camp...he won't miss a paycheck I assure you that. The Texans aren't going to pay to have him play for someone else...they aren't that desperate. Andre will be in uniform day 1.

I understand where Andre is coming from....thats tough to go back to a losing team but if he is patient...maybe he talks to Reggie and realizes it can still work out. A couple years and Houston could be competing for championships if that defense gels.

I think Mallett may have a ton is suitors especially if he performs well this pre-season.

I think Mallett may have a ton is suitors especially if he performs well this pre-season.

I think your mistaken. I think the days of overpaying for someone elses leftovers are done. Coaches would rather draft their own prospects. Thank the Packers and Eagles backups for ruining that market lol. Sorry I just don't see it. I also haven' seen enough of Mallett to suggest he has "it"..and if he did...NE would hang on to him...they have the money.

Garapoolo or however you spell his name...I think has the Brady factor....he may have "it">

I think your mistaken. I think the days of overpaying for someone elses leftovers are done. Coaches would rather draft their own prospects. Thank the Packers and Eagles backups for ruining that market lol. Sorry I just don't see it. I also haven' seen enough of Mallett to suggest he has "it"..and if he did...NE would hang on to him...they have the money.

Garapoolo or however you spell his name...I think has the Brady factor....he may have "it">

Yeah, you may be right. I just think a QB that has developed in NE has market value. Both Cassell and Hoyer have gotten their chance and Hoyer barely played at all when he was with the Pats. Mallett has a strong arm and showed some good pocket awareness and decision making last pre-season. I think the Pats are not resigning him because they extended Brady and they will not continue to keep him as Brady's back up when he can have his shot elsewhere. It is just good business sense.

We'll see about Garapoolo. I never watched him in college but folks seems to like him.

Yeah, you may be right. I just think a QB that has developed in NE has market value. Both Cassell and Hoyer have gotten their chance and Hoyer barely played at all when he was with the Pats. Mallett has a strong arm and showed some good pocket awareness and decision making last pre-season. I think the Pats are not resigning him because they extended Brady and they will not continue to keep him as Brady's back up when he can have his shot elsewhere. It is just good business sense.

We'll see about Garapoolo. I never watched him in college but folks seems to like him.

Well I don't think Cassell will help Ryan's value...Hoyer I think is a solid qb...but neither are franchise worthy...perhaps there will be a market to keep Ryan as a backup certainly...but nothing like franchise money. I think Texans won't face too much competition for him. I think Ryan has the physical tools but not sure about his progression reading...also not sold on his leadership skills. I don't see teams rushing to throw big money his way...and if Houston thinks he is their guy...they will spend the money to get him....no matter what he would be getting a new contract so they would have to pony up.

Garapoolo....well he actually just reminds me of a young Brady....full of confindence and a nice strong arm...good pocket work...nice touch...its just funny because he kinda has those skills that Brady had imo. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm very serious. The Texan's got their man and got him in the late 4th. STEAL.I'm thrilled, because now there going to be 10-15 years of LUCK/SAVAGE! I think Luck now has his rival. What a great rivalry it will be! Two very high character men, with morals, values and the sense of right and wrong. I love both of these wonderful kids!

Have you watched him throw the ball? He's terrible. Not Logan Thomas terrible but not far off.

The Pats really can't possible resign Mallet unless Brady retired or had a serious injury. Mallet for sure wants a shot to start somewhere and earn a big contract. No way he ever.. ever signs a deal to back up Brady past this 4th year.

I would think so. I really have no idea what Bill O is thinking to be honest. Perhaps he thinks this QB by committee is the way to go but he really does not have one a legit player in the bunch. Or he could think Savage is his guy. I do think if things go south this season and the QB spot is the main issue then he will draft that position next year.

To me the Texan franchise is in disarray. Makes no sense what they are doing. If they thought Mallet was the answer and traded for him , it would all make sense. It doesn't appear to be the case . 

Colts WR core after this season could be!!

Reggie (for 1 more year, last year of contract I believe, proly retires after next season)

Andre

T.Y

Rogers

Moncrief

Ohhhh my!!!!!!

Get him colts!!!

I know it's a LONG shot but just had to say it!! haha

Unstoppable

Then he could actually win a game in Indianapolis :heh:

Have you watched him throw the ball? He's terrible. Not Logan Thomas terrible but not far off.

Of the "second tier" QB's only AJ McCaron left more plays to be made than Savage. Just plain missing wide open guys will never work in the NFL. 

Of the "second tier" QB's only AJ McCaron left more plays to be made than Savage. Just plain missing wide open guys will never work in the NFL.

lolbrowns suck

Wait that's how you talk about QBs right? Insult the other persons team? What's that? We're adults?! I forgot completely.

I agree, Savage isn't a good football player..

But you think chucking it deep to mike evens or broken pass play runs will? Who will Johnny throw prayers to in Cleveland?

More than you. I know the Tom Savage story well. You can ask resident Texan fan QWIZBOY to that. I even predicted that the Texan's would draft him in the 4th...they did.

Me and Qwizboy thought they would take Derek Carr in the 2nd.

Well I don't think Cassell will help Ryan's value...Hoyer I think is a solid qb...but neither are franchise worthy...perhaps there will be a market to keep Ryan as a backup certainly...but nothing like franchise money. I think Texans won't face too much competition for him. I think Ryan has the physical tools but not sure about his progression reading...also not sold on his leadership skills. I don't see teams rushing to throw big money his way...and if Houston thinks he is their guy...they will spend the money to get him....no matter what he would be getting a new contract so they would have to pony up.

Garapoolo....well he actually just reminds me of a young Brady....full of confindence and a nice strong arm...good pocket work...nice touch...its just funny because he kinda has those skills that Brady had imo. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

To the bolded - I hope you right. I can't imagine having two Brady's in my lifetime. But I'll take it. ;)

To me the Texan franchise is in disarray. Makes no sense what they are doing. If they thought Mallet was the answer and traded for him , it would all make sense. It doesn't appear to be the case . 

Yeah, I agree. Not sure what they are doing. In a QB deep draft they took the QB that no one thought they would/should take.

If Andre gets traded it might be to the Pats. Just watch. NE will give them their overrated Brady backup who probably will look like Curtis Painter in a different system and a draft pick or two that is way too low.

And then the Colts will have to go to NE in January and there will be a blizzard.

This could just be my NE paranoia speaking though.

If Andre gets traded it might be to the Pats. Just watch. NE will give them their overrated Brady backup who probably will look like Curtis Painter in a different system and a draft pick or two that is way too low.

And then the Colts will have to go to NE in January and there will be a blizzard.

This could just be my NE paranoia speaking though.

So hard to make that deal work with all the cap implications. Pats are pretty much out of dough and Houston would eat a lot of dead money.

He may be willing to take less to play for a contender it sounds like.

He might but he is under contract at this point. If the Texans couldn't trade him for someone to take his contract they would have to eat I think? I don't know exactly how much is guaranteed.

Me and Qwizboy thought they would take Derek Carr in the 2nd.

You guys weren't the only ones who thought that either. My only thought did the connection to his brother play a part? After being sacked 249 times in 5 years David was shell shocked!

I know whom he wanted, but i had a discussion with him about Savage and nailed the pick exactly.

Savage leaves a lot to be desired on the reading defenses part of the game. NFL schemes are going to eat him alive if he is thrust into the starting role early. Savage needs time, Accuracy is so-so at times especially against Florida State(missing that TE seam route that badly for Terrence Brooks to pick it off shocked me because that was easy pitch and catch and he leads him way too far inside etc)