Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Andre Johnson Frustrated "Is this still the place for me"

HtownColt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland should be calling Houston right now. They need a receiver more that anyone if the Gordon issue results in a suspension. Otherwise they are in major trouble.

He was expressing his frustration for always losing... Im pretty sure he wouldn't want to leave Houston to go to another rebuilding franchise that won't be a legitimate contender for another couple of years. 

If he leaves anywhere, it will be to a winning organization that has a chance at a SB title.  That disqualifies Cleveland and a bunch of other franchises.

Yeah, I agree. Not sure what they are doing. In a QB deep draft they took the QB that no one thought they would/should take.

I think the draft had qb talent in it...but none I would say is a definate lock to be a franchise guy ala Andrew Luck, RGIII, Big Ben etc...Bortles probably has the best tools to do it. So while it may be deep it wasn't especially talented imo....and I think all the teams felt that way too or they would have been taking them earlier. So why force the issue...if QB wasn't there..you build your defense..you build pieces and when your qb comes along wether the draft or FA then you pounce. Chicago went to the SB with Rex Grossman...sure they lost but they had a good enough team to do it. While Russell Wilson is a good solid young qb he is far from a top 10 qb in this league and Seattle made it. We've seen game managers win it all before with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson...usually it takes good play from your qb but just because they didn't try to turn this around in a year doesn't mean anything to me other than they are being prudent. They still had issues in their secondary...on their OL...they aren't a qb away from winning it all...but in a couple years if they get the right guy and address those issues....we will have our hands full and so will the rest of the league. The old adage if you don't have a qb you got nothing....to me is flat out wrong. If you build your team well and you get a game manager in there you can compete....and if you add a legit qb later....then you your a contender. You can't be a contender overnight...it just doesn't happen that way.

He was expressing his frustration for always losing... Im pretty sure he wouldn't want to leave Houston to go to another rebuilding franchise that won't be a legitimate contender for another couple of years.

If he leaves anywhere, it will be to a winning organization that has a chance at a SB title. That disqualifies Cleveland and a bunch of other franchises.

Ummm, you do realize it comes down to the teams... and not his decision unless he has a no trade clause in his contract.

Ummm, you do realize it comes down to the teams... and not his decision unless he has a no trade clause in his contract.

I don't think they get it. Johnson isn't a trouble maker...he's a great player and a good guy in and out of the locker room. They aren't going to subsidize some other team to let him play for a contender. Hou isn't going to pay him over 10 million to go some place else and play. Big deal he sits out the preseason etc....he's a veteren and shouldn't be playing then anyways...come week 1 he will be playing...and probably well. Houston isn't just going to give him away. Perhaps if they got something in return of equal value...perhaps but they can't just eat his salary...and few other teams could handle the future obligations either. Perhaps a swap for him and Larry Fitzgerald would work salary wise but Larry wouldn't be happy with that..and really both organizations end up no better off. He isn't going to want to play for a rebuilding team...and there aren't many that could afford him. Actually the Jets would be in better position to afford him than NE...of course they wouldn't be a winner but there is no guarantees any team he went to would be.....the Baltimores, Pittsburgs, SF, SEA, Den, NEs can't afford him.

Because the Brownies blew it again...oh well. You struckout...again. Tom Savage was the best QB in this draft and it wasn't even close. BOOK IT.

Did you not once suggest us "armchair turds" don't know and can't know better than a NFL GM. Are you really suggesting then 32 GMs passed on a "probowl" QB 134 times, or are you saying you alone can know better than the NFL GMs? 

I've not seen enough of Savage to evaluate myself but you don't often get a prowbowl 10-15 season franchise QB in the 4th round, it would take extraordinary Bradyesque circumstance for that. 

Back OT, Johnson would be attractive to a number of teams I'm sure but I can't see the Texans wanting to part with him cheaply and his salary sounds like it's a hurdle from previous posts. Could he restructure it with the Texans and then be traded? Still that dead money hit isn't going to be very appealing either.

There are now reports that Andre will not attend voluntary OTAs or mandatory minicamp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352709/article/andre-johnson-unlikely-to-attend-texans-minicamp

I don't like this. I get he is unhappy and wants to move on but you have to show up for work. I am not sure what he expects the Texans to do with his contract and all but these types of moves makes his unattractive to other teams. No one wants a malcontent especially at his age and price tag.

I don't like this. I get he is unhappy and wants to move on but you have to show up for work. I am not sure what he expects the Texans to do with his contract and all but these types of moves makes his unattractive to other teams. No one wants a malcontent especially at his age and price tag.

Agree 100%.  Go to camp and work.  You're still being paid by the Texans and you're under contract.  You can ask for a trade or restructure your contract to make a trade easier, but you still need to go to work

Or they could just get him when he walks after this season. When your rebuilding and your the new coach you have a little time before your on the hot seat. I doubt Mallett has a lot of suiters next offseason.

With the dead money Texans aren't shipping him anywhere. He is a great guy...good in the community..not a trouble maker. So what he doesn't come to camp...he won't miss a paycheck I assure you that. The Texans aren't going to pay to have him play for someone else...they aren't that desperate. Andre will be in uniform day 1.

I understand where Andre is coming from....thats tough to go back to a losing team but if he is patient...maybe he talks to Reggie and realizes it can still work out. A couple years and Houston could be competing for championships if that defense gels.

That's the Texans for you:  always a few seasons away from being good....lol

Unless one of the Colts key players gets injured or suspended, of course.

Agree 100%. Go to camp and work. You're still being paid by the Texans and you're under contract. You can ask for a trade or restructure your contract to make a trade easier, but you still need to go to work

Andre Johnson is probably think if he no shows it will force their hand even quicker, but in the end it just makes him look silly. Make your thoughts known then go to work... and if all goes well someone might make a move. At least show up to see what exactly you have to work with in Texas because you never know you might light the pieces in place.

Andre Johnson is probably think if he no shows it will force their hand even quicker, but in the end it just makes him look silly. Make your thoughts known then go to work... and if all goes well someone might make a move. At least show up to see what exactly you have to work with in Texas because you never know you might light the pieces in place.

Completely agree with ya