Loucheiz Purifoy -CB- Highlights

Legend of Luck

1 DAVIS

2 TOLER 

3 BUTLER

4 COX

5 GORDY

6 PURIFOY

I have to admit from what I see of ox he looks like Could be Great not sure where I heard this but I wanna say I read he was considered one of the best press corners in the draft

That first play of his highlight made him look like Vaughn, didnt turn his head, instant pass interference.  He can make a tackle after the catch, but didnt block a whole lot of passes.  Many were bad throws.  Good on special teams. Willing to go in and make a hit, but i dont see him standing up many of the NFL caliber RB's.

We barely seen him play..

He has height that can't be taught, and I am sure Pagano is hanging onto him as a project.

That said, in my eyes, the most shocking thing that has happened in the Grigson era is that Sheldon Price is still on this team.

He is the most clumsy corner I have ever seen in the NFL. He looks like he has absolutely no control over his body. I don't believe a corner with 2 left feet will work out well.

Wow.. those highlights were incredibly unexciting. We might have a good special teamer here though!

I see him(purifoy) as kind of like replacement in the way Joe Lefeged was used. Safety/Special teams guy

There are 3 ways this kid can make the roster the way I see it

1.Put him where he belongs and thats at Safety and let him compete with Howell there though having two Safeties that cant cover very well is not good as we saw last year...and the year before that

2.Use him as a Joker role

3.Special teams...I like his potential on special teams

Other then that he is not a #2 Corner, He could blitz off the edge in the Nickel but we already have our Nickel Back

I don't see where this guy fits on the Colts

This "highlight" tape was everything but that

Looks like Cassius Vaughn Jr. out there. Probably be the #4 or #5 CB if even that. Let's see we got

Vontae Davis

Greg Toler

Darius Butler

Well, I guess #4 & #5 is kinda wide open for the CB position

He got beat a lot on that video but the ball wasn't thrown well. I think he would be really good at safety with his game speed and very good tackling and striping ability. He could make the team with special teams plays alone.

I have him being moved to safety as well after viewing a couple of his games.

"Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida: Where to begin with Purifoy? He and fellow Florida CB Marcus Roberson (more on him later) were both considered potential first-round picks at one point. But character concerns were a major issue regarding Purifoy's status, and like Roberson, a slow combine time (4.61) didn't help either. Allegedly, Purifoy was caught by the Alachua County Sheriff's Office with marijuana and the synthetic drug bath salts by police in March, but was not arrested after agreeing to serve as a drug taskforce informant, according to The Gainesville Sun. Purifoy reportedly then failed to make himself available to officers in the informant capacity, resulting in a bench warrant being issued for his arrest. That warrant was quashed and became the subject of a police internal affairs investigation, per The Sun. Status: Signed with Indianapolis Colts."

Source:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350963/article/loucheiz-purifoy-among-top-undrafted-talents-getting-nfl-chance

Seems like the athletic talent is there. This organization is not hesitant at all to take risks. Hopefully he can keep his head on straight and become a solid player. If he wants to make millions, he's going to have to.

He's nothing like vaughn this dude actually tackles and he play better press coverage than vaughn he just can't do all that extra contact in the pro league

"Plays better coverage than Vaughn"

You didn't see the first play of the "highlight" video did you?

:sigh:

This dude should not be in camp. He gets caught with narcotics. We are talking oxy's vicodine heroin something pretty good. He is going to turn to save his butt, make controlled buys basically set people up by asking them to get him dope. That really should be entrapment not a way for a person to get away for being stupid enough to use get caught whatever your take is.

He already has weed charges. Weed is one thing and I believe in second chances. I also believe in taking responsibility for your actions not turning informant to save your butt you do the crime you do the time not someone I would want anything to do with.

I really don't think we need someone like this on the Colts I hope he is gone first cut. I do like the fact that they printed for all the world to see that he turned informant that should help his street cred. LOSER

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/12/colts-sign-loucheiz-purifoy/

Your saying he's a snitch? lol. Wonder how that will go over around the league. If he's addicted to opiates he's got a tough road ahead of him to get off of them though.

"Plays better coverage than Vaughn"

You didn't see the first play of the "highlight" video did you?

:sigh:

One play....I'm talking about how he played during the whole college football season but you stuck on one play I see why some of y'all opinions are never taken seriously

Your saying he's a snitch? lol. Wonder how that will go over around the league. If he's addicted to opiates he's got a tough road ahead of him to get off of them though.

LOL is right it was printed in numerous articles that he turned police informant. I think it will play out poorly when he doesn't make the league. As well it should

here you go. Yeah I don't wish opiate addiction on anyone but he probably should have just faded away I don't think he is good enough to make our team and this isn't going to help in real life

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035229-report-loucheiz-purifoy-avoided-arrest-by-agreeing-to-be-an-informant

It is really an embarrassing to me that we are the team that brought this guy in just hope none stands within a stray drive by bullet of the fool. Then the police throwing him under the bus is classic but they quash his warrant only one way that happens......

One play....I'm talking about how he played during the whole college football season but you stuck on one play I see why some of y'all opinions are never taken seriously

Nah, that whole highlight tape was terrible. He's a decent tackler but his coverage is flat out terrible man lol

Nah, that whole highlight tape was terrible. He's a decent tackler but his coverage is flat out terrible man lol

Just because he isnt a revis or sherman type corner back doesn't mean he isn't good you jump to conclusion mad early anyway just wait bruh

1. Davis

2. Toler

3. Butler

4. Lyn

5. Purifoy

6. Gordy/Cox

That's size, speed and playmaking ability from your top 5. I think Gordy may stay around just because of prior experience. Purifoy has big school recognition going for him but I am drooling over Keon Lyn's potential.

You realize Purifoy ran a 4.6 40 I am not sure that counts as speed unless you are an OLB.

Gordy and Price both run in the 4.4 range I think you guys are sleeping on what we already have. We need a solid number 2 for sure due to Toler's inability to stay healthy Gordy is better than he gets credit for would like to see more of Price. He is 6'2 runs 4.4 40 has had a year to learn.  I don't think Purifoy is the answer to anything except most likely to get arrested.  I would keep an eye on Cox and Lyn UDFA's 

I really like what I hear about Cox seems like a hard working kid that will make the most of the opportunity

with the CBs Florida had they sure played a lot of zone defense

Gee, isn`t that what you do when they don`t have the speed to play press? They BOTH ran in the 4.6`s.

In our D we are looking for 4.4`s because you need RECOVERY speed because you will get beat Often by good route runners.

Gee, isn`t that what you do when they don`t have the speed to play press? They BOTH ran in the 4.6`s.

In our D we are looking for 4.4`s because you need RECOVERY speed because you will get beat Often by good route runners.

They have recovery speed and play faster than what their 40 times indicated. Purifoy did run 4.53 in the rain at his pro day

He got smoked regularly last season when facing some of the guys who were drafted. 

Besides his off field issues, which rival Josh Gordon, he's not a disciplined player. 

Long way to go just to make the team.   #2 Corner?  Seriously?

Not a fan of bringing a guy with his off field character into our house.

Guess i am wondering if he could be groomed to be a good slot player. We need 2.

Potential with nice length to play well against the run and to be a blitzer.

A Quality special teamer?

Chuck has talked to him and looked him in the eye, and he made a good choice coming here. lol

I don't see where this guy fits on the Colts

This "highlight" tape was everything but that

Looks like Cassius Vaughn Jr. out there. Probably be the #4 or #5 CB if even that. Let's see we got

Vontae Davis

Greg Toler

Darius Butler

Well, I guess #4 & #5 is kinda wide open for the CB position

No it`s not. Gordy will be very hard to beat out as the 3rd corner. Hope this helps.

Butler is that 3rd Corner

Y R correct. I`m no fan of Butler`s play on the 'outside' so I see him as a slot. And I do like Gordy outside as the backup.

Guess I was thinking after getting experience starting last season that Gordy will be next in line outside this season.

My hopes anyway.

Gordy will be IMO, tough to beat out for the 4th corner job.