Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You Gotta Have The Right Name!

lennymoore24

I know this is easy to shoot holes in, but my brothers and I always say players at certain positions have to have the right name.  That is a good indicator of if they will succeed.  So, based on that, you gotta LOVE the Colts picks.

1) Jack Mewhort - Wow, does that scream big, strong, nasty offensive lineman or what?   A+

2) Donte Moncrief - Great WR name!  A+

3) Jonathan Newsome - Ok, he might turn out to be good, but too generic of a name for a LB   C

4) Andrew Jackson - Throw "Stonewall" in the mix and you got LB name who hits!   B+

5) Ulrich John - Sounds like a European guitar virtuoso.  Maybe play like Buckethead or Malmsteen. Not block  D-

So overall, based on names, I am really happy with the draft.  I think we did well.

:lol:

Names determined your liking of the draft? That's a first I've ever heard that

I think I'll be yelling "Action Jackson with the play" every time Jackson makes a play

Yeah, doesn't hold much water, but a funny argument to make.  I remember when the Colts drafted Jeff George, my brother said "You can't have a QB with two first names.  He will fail for sure!"

Yeah, doesn't hold much water, but a funny argument to make. I remember when the Colts drafted Jeff George, my brother said "You can't have a QB with two first names. He will fail for sure!"

Well shoot, what was his opinion about Reggie Wayne then?

He has 2 first names haha

Reggie is a good WR name. Wayne as a last name, not so good. I gave that a C at the time. See, holes in the scientific formula of going by names.

Guess you all never heard of Bruce WAYNE?! seemed Wayne is a good last name to have....makes you an automatic hero haha

I know this is easy to shoot holes in, but my brothers and I always say players at certain positions have to have the right name.  That is a good indicator of if they will succeed.  So, based on that, you gotta LOVE the Colts picks.

1) Jack Mewhort - Wow, does that scream big, strong, nasty offensive lineman or what?   A+

3) Jonathan Newsome - Ok, he might turn out to be good, but too generic of a name for a LB   C

4) Andrew Jackson - Throw "Stonewall" in the mix and you got LB name who hits!   B+

5) Ulrich John - Sounds like a European guitar virtuoso.  Maybe play like Buckethead or Malmsteen. Not block  D-

So overall, based on names, I am really happy with the draft.  I think we did well.

Ulrich John, D-??? This is an outrage. That's clearly the best name!

Guess you all never heard of Bruce WAYNE?! seemed Wayne is a good last name to have....makes you an automatic hero haha

No, Bruce Wayne is a good name for a super hero.  But Reggie Wayne not a great WR name.  I can post the algorithm if you would like. ;)

if(Player.Position=="WR")

{

if(WR.MostCommonFirstNames.Contains(Player.FirstName)&&(WR.MostCommonLastNames.Contains(Player.LastName)

{

Console.Write(Player.WholeName + " good pick");

}

else

{

Console.Write(Player.WholeName + " bad pick");

}

}

}

Andrew Jackson has a great football name for a defensive player.  After a hard tackle, Lamey will say that the Colts laid some Hickory on the ball carrier.  I give it an A+.

I know this is easy to shoot holes in, but my brothers and I always say players at certain positions have to have the right name. That is a good indicator of if they will succeed. So, based on that, you gotta LOVE the Colts picks.

1) Jack Mewhort - Wow, does that scream big, strong, nasty offensive lineman or what? A+

2) Donte Moncrief - Great WR name! A+

3) Jonathan Newsome - Ok, he might turn out to be good, but too generic of a name for a LB C

4) Andrew Jackson - Throw "Stonewall" in the mix and you got LB name who hits! B+

5) Ulrich John - Sounds like a European guitar virtuoso. Maybe play like Buckethead or Malmsteen. Not block D-

So overall, based on names, I am really happy with the draft. I think we did well.

hey, malmsteen and buckethead are awesome