Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Toler sucks even without the injury they need a shutdown corner and I don't like the WR pick here I think the corner or S would have been better.

What do you mean? We don't need another WR? Lol we only have Wayne, Hilton, nicks, Brazil, Rodgers, and Whalen:) not to mention our two receiving TEs... Hate the WR pick we need secondary players

I think Desir can play on this level.  However I think he should be a bit faster to play in a press man scheme like ours. 

From my observations he runs in the 4.5 to 4.6 range. I still wonder if he would be able to play FS. He does have a nose

for the football.

I only think we are marginally worse at safety, but better overall on D. Corner is still a need. Especially with the uncertainty around Toler's health. Desire has athleticism in heaps, size to play press man and could become the colts #2 reciever. If the colts get Desire and some more pass rush later on I would be delighted.

I'd love it if we could take him, would have to trade up into the 4th to get him imo

This is a good read if any of you haven't seen it before... 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2048118-for-nfl-prospect-pierre-desir-its-always-been-fatherhood-then-football

From the sounds of it he is a very mature guy and would definitely fit in well in the colts locker room 

I'd like to get him but I doubt it happens. Desir could even be the first guy of the board today and if not teams like the 49ers and Seattle who love that type of corner still pick early in the round.

I agree. Desir will come off the board early today. I was so disappointed when the Vikings did not select him with the #96 pick. Desir would have gone in the 1st or 2nd Rd had he gone to a Div. 1 school. I hope Houston does not take him -- they already have a top 5 defense there (with their new additions).

I'd love it if we could take him, would have to trade up into the 4th to get him imo

This is a good read if any of you haven't seen it before...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2048118-for-nfl-prospect-pierre-desir-its-always-been-fatherhood-then-football

From the sounds of it he is a very mature guy and would definitely fit in well in the colts locker room

Thank you for sharing this article. Desir sounds like a great human being. He would fit in well with the Colts. I want him to play for my team, but we would have to give up a lot to move up.

I wonder if the Jets would trade some of their NINE remaining draft picks to select Desir.

Not much quality left on the board in terms of FS or CB.  Pretty much everyone left is a back-up/special teams pick at this point, although there is always going to be "that guy" who comes out of the late rounds and surprises everyone. This is where the scouts earn their keep.  That TRich deal really hurt, but the Colts' backs were against the wall last year, and there wasn't really anything else in sight.  Nobody expected Brown to finally have a break-out season, and who knows if he will ever have another good year.  

Thank you for sharing this article. Desir sounds like a great human being. He would fit in well with the Colts. I want him to play for my team, but we would have to give up a lot to move up.

I wonder if the Jets would trade some of their NINE remaining draft picks to select Desir.

Maybe package our 5th and LaVonn Brazil or Da'Rick (they are WR needy) to NYJ and pick up Desir early in the 4th. I think that'd be our best bet.

With all the Wide Receivers getting picked off, I wouldn't be surprised if we could trade Brazill or Brazill and a pick for our 4th rounder back from the Browns.

I was hoping for something similar....I highly doubt Desir will last much longer.

Ironic! The Browns just took him with our traded pick. But we still have Montori.

I'm telling you - Desir, Dontae Johnson, Carl Bradford, prince Shembo, Kevin Pierre Louis, Cameron Fleming, Dozier were all guys I would have liked for Colts, all gone in round 4, lots of talent in round 4