Colts draft Jack Mewhort, OL, OSU [Merge]

oldunclemark

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES..  I am a Buckeye..

and I will tell you this, dude can and HAS played EVERY position on the OL at one time or another.

And ESPN just said he played C in HS.    

This is our future C.    He is also a leader.    Team captain....  

If Indy isn't strong on the OL we may as well trade Andrew Luck now because he will get the hell beat out of him if the interior does not get A LOT better.   And it just did.

Its not the position it's the player. Huge reach.

You're an Ohio fan, right?

look at the pounding Luck took last year and the fact the Colts did nothing in free agency to upgrade the oline since the one guy they signed retired and I don't get the outrage people have with us going oline early. I know online isn't exciting but if we don't protect Luck all the exciting players we do have won't do us much good.

Ok, I'll bite.

So then why didn't we take a better O-linemen with this pick, and this guy at 90, where he likely would have still been available?

Grigson out-thought himself here.

I love watching all the draft geniuses on this board melt down every year.

It's like fireworks. Really loud. Really embarrassing fireworks.

If you agree with the pick, you're a blind faith lover of Grigs. I'm willing to admit he may know just a little bit more than me. But I'm not as smart as others here.

I'm  not going to trip!  We need to make for darn sure that we have a strong running game and pass protection this year.  I'm okay with the Mewhort pick.

I'm just not very happy that Jean Baptiste was taken exactly one pick before we got Mewhort.  Then we got beaten again by the Chargers who picked up Attochu.    Ugggggggggggh!

Ok, I'll bite.

So then why didn't we take a better O-linemen with this pick, and this guy at 90, where he likely would have still been available?

Grigson out-thought himself here.

How do you know he's available at 90? And how do you know that better lineman you didn't name won't be there at 90?

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 10, 2014 - inappropriate and insulting
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 10, 2014 - inappropriate and insulting

I would say about 90% of the people on this forum are flat freakin stupid. Whine and complain constantly about Luck running for his life and not being able to run block, then the Colts go out and draft a mean and nasty o-lineman and most cry like 2 yr. Old toddlers. This is why I don't post here hardly at all anymore. The quality of football knowledge here is so ridiculously low, its embarrassing to be associated with it.

I love watching all the draft geniuses on this board melt down every year.

It's like fireworks. Really loud. Really embarrassing fireworks.

Almost agree completely.  Rather than embarrassing, I find a lot of comic relief in reading this thread.  Lol.

If he plays guard, would this open up Thomas to possibly play at Center, if needed?

I was wondering about this myself.  Donald Thomas seems a better fit at Center than this guy.  Mewhort played 0 games at Center in college and at 6'6 might be too tall for that position.  He did play 11 games at the guard spots though.  He's a Tackle but he is not going to displace Cherilius at RT. 

Some food for thought...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/125673/colts-gm-keeping-options-open-on-center

I follow ND closely.  Nix isn't quite right.  His injury was more severe than most people think. 

It's telling that the Pats also passed on him.  He would've been a perfect fit for them as well.

I have to give you that....has to be a reason with Vince W. in his latter days and coming off hurts that they didn't take Nix

I'll sit back..cant judge O-linemen until they play..and again..O-line is Grigsons specialty

Tell me Nix isn't better than Mewhort.

I dare you.

Even if you believe that in your heart of hearts, it's wrong.

Let's count the teams that didn't draft Nix...

Are they all wrong too? Must be nice to be the only smart one.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 10, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 10, 2014 - response to hidden post

I would say about 90% of the people on this forum are flat freakin stupid. Whine and complain constantly about Luck running for his life and not being able to run block, then the Colts go out and draft a mean and nasty o-lineman and most cry like 2 yr. Old toddlers. This is why I don't post here hardly at all anymore. The quality of football knowledge here is so ridiculously low, its embarrassing to be associated with it.

It's just a silly football forum...don't take it so seriously

Tell me Nix isn't better than Mewhort.

I dare you.

Even if you believe that in your heart of hearts, it's wrong. 

Nix isn't better than Mewhort at any OLine position.  There, I said it,