Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Dan Muir [Merge]

justcolts

http://www.indystar....xt|IndyStar.com

Could this mean Hayensworth is coming to town?

Don't even joke about it.

It means that Nevis is ready to play again while Matthews has been holding his own - and they needed to clear a spot for the new TE without putting Clark or Eldridge on IR. I would fall off my chair if the Colts signed Haynesworth. He is a walking attitude problem, and hasn't been an exceptional player in a very long time now.

It means that Nevis is ready to play again while Matthews has been holding his own - and they needed to clear a spot for the new TE without putting Clark or Eldridge on IR. I would fall off my chair if the Colts signed Haynesworth. He is a walking attitude problem, and hasn't been an exceptional player in a very long time now.

I think so too i.e. Nevis is ready but at this point how does it hurt to give Hayensworth a shot? We can't get any worse and maybe a miracle happens he likes the Indy air, settles down and starts playing great and next year we have Manning back and 2 stud DTs

Edited by justcolts

the colts have no good players at DT not counting drak nevis... they need help there big time... it would be nice to see albert come here and play let him plug some holes.

The problem is that he doesn't play and doesn't plug any holes. If he did those things, he would not be released.

I think so too i.e. Nevis is ready but at this point how does it hurt to give Hayensworth a shot? We can't get any worse and maybe a miracle happens he likes the Indy air, settles down and starts playing great and next year we have Manning back and 2 stud DTs

Because Haynesworth is a lazy * who gave up on 3 teams already with far better coaching staffs and better rosters than our own. We need less dead weight on the roster, not more.

You know what that means... Drake Nevis is healthy and ready to go!!

This! At least this is what I'm hoping for.

If we're going to lose, I'd rather lose with guys who give it their all unlike that fat tub of goo some of you want us to sign.

the colts have no good players at DT not counting drak nevis... they need help there big time... it would be nice to see albert come here and play let him plug some holes.

If BB couldn't coach him, how could Caldwell?

We can't have players with his personality, for 1 its smart not to, 2nd Caldwell wouldn't be able to handle him.

We can't have players with his personality, for 1 its smart not to, 2nd Caldwell wouldn't be able to handle him.

Well some players just need the right settings to play in... i doubt that this guy would come to the colts but if he did i wouldnt mind that at all.. with some of the colts DT's they currently have he wouldnt be that bad.

Well some players just need the right settings to play in... i doubt that this guy would come to the colts but if he did i wouldnt mind that at all.. with some of the colts DT's they currently have he wouldnt be that bad.

Exactly.... Fat Al needs an atmosphere where injury is tolerated and accepted, and babied.

sigh.......

Indy just got smaller.

Lacey sticks but a proven "fat DT" must go? I don't get it.

To me it says more about Matthews than anything. DTs are Johnson/Matthews/Moala/Nevis with Brayton stepping in when needed. If Muir isn't better than any of those four, than he has to go. We already know what Muir can do. To me the fact that he isn't better than those four is a good thing.

Thats probably true, but you never know sometimes players just randomly get motivated with the ppl around them.

The only thing Haynesworth was motivated for was a massive paycheck, and he got that already. He's been done playing football for more than 3 years.

I think all 32 teams would take Drake Nevis before Haynesworth, and I'm guessing this cut means he's back!

Agreed...Muir was a stop-gap to help until Nevis came back. He was never going to be a long term solution. Can't wait to see Nevis back in action. :)

Possibly but you gotta remember its the only team he knows. Probably doesn't like his boss though.

I think he's ticked about his contract. He was whining about it earlier in the year and last year as well I believe. Which really irritated me because we front loaded it so he got most of his money right away. Which is fine, but then don't whine when year 3 isn't all that much.

I think Reggie Wayne wants out to. He wasn't happy with his contract situation either.

And at their age, I'm inclined to let them walk.

Yeah but if anyone could Haynesworth my actually provoke another expression out of Caldwell, may be worth seeing