Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aldon Smith arrested for yelling "Bomb" at an Airport.

Dustin

I don't feel sorry for the guy, but he clearly has a major problem. My guess is he is still on some sort of probation for his prior issues. I also think Jim Harbaugh made a mistake letting him come back to play in the game against the Colts instead of focussing on rehab.

And you're surprised by this? Kids get suspended for pointing their fingers like guns at schools.

I'm not judging him or what he did (he should know better, obviously) but this is something that people need to think about and it often times get ignored. Just cause we have fear culture shoved down our throats does not mean we have to hide under the desk anytime someone shouts "bomb" or jokes about guns or something else in that category. We live in a panic riddled state of society that is full of paranoia and fear.

And you're surprised by this? Kids get suspended for pointing their fingers like guns at schools.

I'm not judging him or what he did (he should know better, obviously) but this is something that people need to think about and it often times get ignored. Just cause we have fear culture shoved down our throats does not mean we have to hide under the desk anytime someone shouts "bomb" or jokes about guns or something else in that category. We live in a panic riddled state of society that is full of paranoia and fear.

After all the shootings and bombs both here and abroad... it is probably a good thing people take such actions seriously. We live in a different world now. A much more violent one.

tumblr_n2edu2clxK1rth9d5o1_400.gif

The dude yelled bomb in a public area where thousands go in and out daily. I don't know about you, but if someone yells bomb in arguably one of most important airports in the world it just might be a good idea to actually consider he might not be BSing and it's alright to be a little afraid. 

He has some problems. To bad he was the fastest person to 30 sacks in league history.

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Florida.

On June 30, 2012, Smith was believed to have suffered stab wounds when attempting to break up a fight at a party at his residence in San Jose, Calif

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Florida.[

On September 20, 2013, Smith was involved in a single vehicle accident in San Jose, Calif. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI and possession of marijuana. After the week 3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, he voluntarily entered a rehab facility,to be put onto the non-football injury list with an indefinite leave of absence

On October 9, 2013, Smith was charged with "three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon" relating to the 2012 stabbing incident.

On April 13, 2014, eyewitness accounts indicate that Smith was detained and arrested following an incident in LAX airport in which Smith was alleged to mention a bomb to TSA officers

He has some problems. To bad he was the fastest person to 30 sacks in league history.

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Florida.

On June 30, 2012, Smith was believed to have suffered stab wounds when attempting to break up a fight at a party at his residence in San Jose, Calif

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Florida.[

On September 20, 2013, Smith was involved in a single vehicle accident in San Jose, Calif. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI and possession of marijuana. After the week 3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, he voluntarily entered a rehab facility,to be put onto the non-football injury list with an indefinite leave of absence

On October 9, 2013, Smith was charged with "three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon" relating to the 2012 stabbing incident.

On April 13, 2014, eyewitness accounts indicate that Smith was detained and arrested following an incident in LAX airport in which Smith was alleged to mention a bomb to TSA officers

Wow...what a rap sheet

Instead of a 30-day rehab stint like the last time (in season)....    now that the NFL is out of season,  I think Mr. Smith needs to go away for a 90-day rehab stint.

If he really wants to clean-up his act,  90 days at a top facility is the best, most effective way to do it.....

Good luck to Mr. Smith.    Now go get clean and sober and stay that way!

I would doubt they release him. They will retain his rights while he goes through rehab . He was the fastest player in NFL history to 30 sacks you don't let that go. And you can flip the press on it by supporting him through his tough life etc...

Even if SF keeps him, he is going to get a major suspension this time, and probably next it will be the whole year. Plus he is coming up for an extension since I believe his draft year was 2011. Would you extend him knowing all you did about the off the field problems, then has to go to rehab. and next gets arrested for being drunk and disorderly and yelling "bomb" in LAX. I could almost excuse the drinking, if I did not know he had a problem with it which I do, but yelling "bomb" in an airport these days. That is very serious, and more indicative of how bad his substance problems most likely are. I would not resign him to an extension. Like Justin Blackmon, would you sign him to one?

-Harbaugh & GM not getting along at all

-Culliver facing felony hit & run charges

-Kaepernick being investigated for possible felony sexual assault

-Smith facing array of felony charges (DUI, assault weapons, airport fiasco)

Meanwhile, at the new 49ers stadium construction site..

PicsArt_1397447612524.jpg

Waiting for Jim Harbaugh to announce that even if he is locked up, and has to be brought out on the football field in shackles Aldon Smith will start the season opener. According to Jim football... and winning is all that matters.One thing I can't stand about the man.

Waiting for Jim Harbaugh to announce that even if he is locked up, and has to be brought out on the football field in shackles Aldon Smith will start the season opener. According to Jim football... and winning is all that matters.One thing I can't stand about the man.

The Niners suspended Smith last year after his DUI/pot arrest, http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-09-22/aldon-smith-suspended-indefinitely-dui-arrest-marijuana-rehab-49ers

Instead of a 30-day rehab stint like the last time (in season)....    now that the NFL is out of season,  I think Mr. Smith needs to go away for a 90-day rehab stint.

If he really wants to clean-up his act,  90 days at a top facility is the best, most effective way to do it.....

Good luck to Mr. Smith.    Now go get clean and sober and stay that way!

Listen to NCF...

He has mental issues....He has substance issues....

Its no shame..if they stop ignoring the fact that he has major problems an he needs significant time off to get himself straight

Listen to NCF...

He has mental issues....He has substance issues....

Its no shame..if they stop ignoring the fact that he has major problems an he needs significant time off to get himself straight

Indeed...if this isn't a "cry" for help I don't know what is. The young man is clearly troubled by issues. I don't know if suspending helps him though. He needs to be in rehab for sure...and out patient treatment too. Perhaps a probation officer checking on him or social worker idk. However, taking football away...the only career he is likely qualified for would probably make things worse for him. The structure of practice, games, training help these young men...time and money usually spell trouble if they don't have their issues under control.

I actually thought that this incident was the final infraction for Mr. Smith in a 49ers uniform. He is a great LB, but at this point, I'm more concerned about his life spiraling out of control now. I'm more worried about his wellbeing than Jim Irsay's at this point because Jim is getting help & he admits that he has an addiction to pain pills. I worry about guys who were in treatment & are still doing outlandish things like this airport fiasco. 

He could face jail time for this. He had to post $20k bail.

Thinning my bank account that quickly would make me committed to getting cleaned up ASAP. Is Mr. Smith deemed a terrorist by shouting bomb outloud now? Is he on the "no fly list" now? I have no idea. Just asking...

-Harbaugh & GM not getting along at all

-Culliver facing felony hit & run charges

-Kaepernick being investigated for possible felony sexual assault

-Smith facing array of felony charges (DUI, assault weapons, airport fiasco)

Meanwhile, at the new 49ers stadium construction site..

PicsArt_1397447612524.jpg

Good point TD58, why cost yourself money with a franchise that in the last 3 seasons is always in the Playoff mix & a SB contender in the NFC? Especially with a new stadium on the horizon. The money is being generated. Stop ticking the ownership off by embarrassing their organization & costing yourself a shot at a ring, NFL immortality, & more cash in your pocket down the stretch Aldon. Come on man, wake up! 

Don't kid yourself, all coaches are like that

Off-topic

Does Jennifer Carpenter have down syndrome? Always wondered. 

I just got the 70's & early 80's easy listening singer Karen Carpenter, the one with the eating disorder, confused with the actress you were referring to ruksak. Nice to see you posting again BTW.

Sorry man, SW1 has no idea. Good question.

Aldon Smith played in the game against the Colts 2 days after being arrested the last time. Jim Harbaugh had slammed the Seattle for their issues with drugs in the past... a lack of action makes him a hypocrite.

Smith left the team, and was placed on the league non football injury list, or whatever they call it. The 49ers never suspended him.