Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aldon Smith arrested for yelling "Bomb" at an Airport.

Dustin

Aldon Smith played in the game against the Colts 2 days after being arrested the last time. Jim Harbaugh had slammed the Seattle for their issues with drugs in the past... a lack of action makes him a hypocrite.

Smith left the team, and was placed on the league non football injury list, or whatever they call it.

he was compliant with the rules of the CBA

he was compliant with the rules of the CBA

And... this is a mans well being. The team if anything should have sat him immediately after hitting a tree. Then when the charges came he should have already been in rehab. Not on a football field.

Aldon Smith played in the game against the Colts 2 days after being arrested the last time. Jim Harbaugh had slammed the Seattle for their issues with drugs in the past... a lack of action makes him a hypocrite.

Smith left the team, and was placed on the league non football injury list, or whatever they call it. The 49ers never suspended him.

He went into treatment for six weeks give his issues with drinking. However they designated his absence is irrelevant. He missed six games for them.

I just got the 70's & early 80's easy listening singer Karen Carpenter, the one with the eating disorder, confused with the actress you were referring to ruksak. Nice to see you posting again BTW.

Sorry man, SW1 has no idea. Good question.

Hey bud. I usually get away from football in the off-season. It tends to make the season kickoff a bit more exciting. 

It was a bad joke and I regret saying it. Sorry if anyone was offended. I was referencing the bobblehead avatar of Bloodonthetracks. It's of the actress Jennifer Carpenter from the show Dexter. An amazing show that had it's final season I think a year ago. 

The only bad thing IMO about the show was Carpenter's constant histrionics and the tearful, donkey-esque sounds would babble from her mouth in every episode. 

There is a difference between someone who drinks because of an alcohol problem, an addict, and someone who drinks for recreation then does dumb things.  We don't know which one Smith is.

Between the ages of 21 and 26, I went to a bar one night every weekend.  Met friends, had beers, drove home.  By todays standards, I could have gotten dui's every weekend.  I had no alcohol problem.  I only drank on the weekends, didn't even buy beer to put in my home fridge.  I used poor judgment.  The fact that Smith has gotten a few dui's mean nothing, frankly, about whether or not he has an alcohol problem.  Neither does mouthing off at an airport.

If he has no problem, attending rehab is pointless.  If he has a problem but is not serious about treating it, rehab isn't going to work.

Smith himself is the only one who can fix his problem, if he has one.  He can be helped by a rehab facility only if he is serious about helping himself.  The 49ers can only suspend and/or fire him, which may or may not motivate him to change his ways. 

Personalities like his is why teams want to conduct interviews and try to see if the player will be on the field enough to warrant the investment in a draft pick or contract.

I have zero tolerance for anyone (professional athlete or otherwise) who makes a big stink at an airport these days. Just get in line, do what you're told to do, and get on the stupid plane. Flying is enough of a hassle without having to listen to other, disgruntled passengers complaining about the inconvenience. 

Hey bud. I usually get away from football in the off-season. It tends to make the season kickoff a bit more exciting. 

It was a bad joke and I regret saying it. Sorry if anyone was offended. I was referencing the bobblehead avatar of Bloodonthetracks. It's of the actress Jennifer Carpenter from the show Dexter. An amazing show that had it's final season I think a year ago. 

The only bad thing IMO about the show was Carpenter's constant histrionics and the tearful, donkey-esque sounds would babble from her mouth in every episode. 

Don't sweat it ruksak. You're a good guy & anybody who knows you knows that you are not a mean spirited person. I like your humor, your slant on things, & that you have the courage to ask & say what few people do or dare to tread. Jules is like that too. That's a complement to both of you BTW not a criticism. 

Yes, it is a good idea to take a break from the NFL & come back with a renewed, fresh perspective ruksak. I try to do that myself too.

Regarding the Carpenter's singing act, they did seem to corner the market on depression & sappy heartbreak songs like "“Rainy Days and Mondays” &  "Top Of The World" which always seem to be used as elevator music, call waiting songs on the telephone for some reason & that always annoys me. Yes, "Top Of The World" is supposed to be an upbeat song I know, but that song is just hokey & childish to me in a juvenile way & I've never found it likable or soothing at all. JMO. 

I have heard good things about the TV show Dexter & I usually like darker drama's anyway like Law & Order:SVU, but I don't like a lot of blood & guts stuff. Psychological horror is fine just not in your face gory stuff, but that's just me I guess. 

Have a good one ruksak. Peace out.   

Smith himself is the only one who can fix his problem, if he has one.  He can be helped by a rehab facility only if he is serious about helping himself.  The 49ers can only suspend and/or fire him, which may or may not motivate him to change his ways. 

Personalities like his is why teams want to conduct interviews and try to see if the player will be on the field enough to warrant the investment in a draft pick or contract.

Yes, you're right DD. I tend to forget that NFL exit interviews are designed to bring closure to the game season & serve as a sign to detect which players will be off the field headaches bringing negative publicity to your organization. Me? I like JJ Watt's philosophy: Stay at home, put the entertainment in your house, & invite only a small select group of friends over for fun & recreation etc.

Mr. Smith is costing himself serious cash with his less than admirable behavior right now.  

pretty funny analysis of the show/Debra character...

Dexter was pretty good the first few seasons, but ran two-three seasons too long, should of ended after the trinity killer season...

pretty funny analysis of the show/Debra character...

Dexter was pretty good the first few seasons, but ran two-three seasons too long, should of ended after the trinity killer season...

Lovable John Lithgow was straight up frightening. Agreed. Ran too long. I did enjoy the end scene though, very poetic. Loved it actually. Sorry, no spoilers :)

Lovable John Lithgow was straight up frightening. Agreed. Ran too long. I did enjoy the end scene though, very poetic. Loved it actually. Sorry, no spoilers :)

I can't speak to John Lithgow's performance in "Dexter" since I haven't seen anything beyond the pilot episode, but he does make a great sinister bad guy who truly enjoys being diabolical & ruthless. Hades, John even made Sylvester Stallone's pathetic action adventure 1993 flick "Cliffhanger" watchable. I love that small chopper scene on top of a mountain when John Lithgow [Eric Qualen] shoots the blond female pilot Crystal all the while whispering about the significance of "sacrifice" before he takes her out. 

I just admire how quickly John can go from charming to sadistic in about 5 seconds. Villains never get enough respect in cinema & on the big screen. It's a travesty really...

Yes, you're right DD. I tend to forget that NFL exit interviews are designed to bring closure to the game season & serve as a sign to detect which players will be off the field headaches bringing negative publicity to your organization. Me? I like JJ Watt's philosophy: Stay at home, put the entertainment in your house, & invite only a small select group of friends over for fun & recreation etc.

Mr. Smith is costing himself serious cash with his less than admirable behavior right now.  

I agree.  The problem is that he may not care that much because he doesn't need that much cash to have the kind of life he wants, or understands. 

There are people in this world who don't want, or have the ability, to enjoy life as a normal person.  They either have an unrounded upbringing, are filled with demons as they say, or may not simply be bright enough to understand much about the world around them, and can't contribute much outside of their single talent.  They may not even be able to engage in a normal conversation.  When on their own time, its very difficult for them to have mature interests and undertake responsibilities.  They can't do much. Unsupervised free time becomes a problem.  Stupid rich kids can blow their inheritance because of this too.

That goes to the root of the problem and it is almost impossible to really correct by outside influences.  I hope Smith isn't one of those people. 

It goes to another football topic.  How many run stuffing DL's are in good shape, or are hard workers?  I once heard an interview with a scout that said finding a big DT that isn't inherently lazy is difficult, because in order to get the 6'2" 330 pound lineman you want, it comes with a person who is content with being 330 pounds, which is what you don't want.  Sometimes people are who they are and not even millions of dollars can change that.

I agree.  The problem is that he may not care that much because he doesn't need that much cash to have the kind of life he wants, or understands. 

There are people in this world who don't want, or have the ability, to enjoy life as a normal person.  They either have an unrounded upbringing, are filled with demons as they say, or may not simply be bright enough to understand much about the world around them, and can't contribute much outside of their single talent.  They may not even be able to engage in a normal conversation.  When on their own time, its very difficult for them to have mature interests and undertake responsibilities.  They can't do much. Unsupervised free time becomes a problem.  Stupid rich kids can blow their inheritance because of this too.

That goes to the root of the problem and it is almost impossible to really correct by outside influences.  I hope Smith isn't one of those people. 

It goes to another football topic.  How many run stuffing DL's are in good shape, or are hard workers?  I once heard an interview with a scout that said finding a big DT that isn't inherently lazy is difficult, because in order to get the 6'2" 330 pound lineman you want, it comes with a person who is content with being 330 pounds, which is what you don't want.  Sometimes people are who they are and not even millions of dollars can change that.

Well said DD. Sitting idle with too much free time & millions of dollars at your disposal can be a dangerous combination. As Deion Sanders is fond of saying "money & fame make you more of who & what you are." In other words, a ton of cash tends to display your own personality traits based on your own character. Are you frugal or extravagant? Is football a life long commitment or just a stepping stone to a bigger celebrity stage & something that opens more doors of opportunity into say Hollywood acting roles & fame beyond a football field? 

I don't know Mr. Smith well enough personally to comprehend what really motivates him on a professional level. I just hope that he sees the light soon & saves his own psyche & career along the way because he is plummeting fast. Good luck Mr. Smith. 

He has some problems. To bad he was the fastest person to 30 sacks in league history.

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Florida.

On June 30, 2012, Smith was believed to have suffered stab wounds when attempting to break up a fight at a party at his residence in San Jose, Calif

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Florida.[

On September 20, 2013, Smith was involved in a single vehicle accident in San Jose, Calif. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI and possession of marijuana. After the week 3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, he voluntarily entered a rehab facility,to be put onto the non-football injury list with an indefinite leave of absence

On October 9, 2013, Smith was charged with "three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon" relating to the 2012 stabbing incident.

On April 13, 2014, eyewitness accounts indicate that Smith was detained and arrested following an incident in LAX airport in which Smith was alleged to mention a bomb to TSA officers

This sounds like Lindsey Lohan or someone......but to be a NFL player doing this stuff? 

3N85UKg.gif