Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clark Reportedly Out For Season

bayone

That's too bad I really like Clark, like he's my favorite player which makes this next part really hard to write but I think it's a fair question

This will be the second year in a row Clark has ended up on IR, he's not getting younger and he was not having a very good year this year before getting hurt. Should the Colts maybe look at cutting Clark at the end of the year or chalk this year up to be just competely being thrown for a loop without Peyton Manning and if he has Manning back he'll return to his normal Clark type of production?

That's too bad I really like Clark, like he's my favorite player which makes this next part really hard to write but I think it's a fair question

This will be the second year in a row Clark has ended up on IR, he's not getting younger and he was not having a very good year this year before getting hurt. Should the Colts maybe look at cutting Clark at the end of the year or chalk this year up to be just competely being thrown for a loop without Peyton Manning and if he has Manning back he'll return to his normal Clark type of production?

Well the Ravens cut ties with Heap and the Bears with Greg Olsen and both are still competitive. The ideal scenario would be Clark restructuring his deal - after all he can't demand big money for not playing plus hes Mannings go-to-guy. Time will tell

I vote for option #2. Dallas is a very good player. I don't see Reggie catching a lot of balls either. (Some of course but it seems most are thrown at his feet imo.) Our team is not our team this year . . . I don't want to start cutting right and left on something that has been working before this season.

His wrist injury was still on the mend and now this. I'm sure the cumulative effect can't be good on an aging body. He's been asked to do a lot more blocking this year....injury coupled with his size, that's a difficult task. Hate to say it because he's been one of my favorites & his status has changed so fast, but it might be time to get a bigger, more versatile TE.

They also lost Pro Bowl tight end
Dallas Clark for the season
with a left leg injury and another tight end,
Brody Eldridge
, is expected to miss more than a week with a "significant" injury.

In less than 24 months, the Colts have gone from chasing a perfect season to chasing the No. 1 draft pick, from Super Bowl contender to front-runner in the
Andrew Luck
lottery

Over the past three games, the Colts have been outscored, 120-24. In a 31-7 loss Sunday to Atlanta, their once potent offense was completely shut out, managed only 186 total yards and went 25 minutes without picking up a first down.

I HAVE NO IDEA if this is a true report, only seen a few other weeks elsewhere like brody

Read more:

No loss... he's been MIA all year anyway.

should have said this before but

another one bites the dust...

Get use to it... the quitters are going to come out of the woodwork from here on out.

This Jax game is this team's best chance at victory from here on out. I hope pride cometh forth, but I suspect we will get blown out.

And then Tressel will be named coach for the rest of the season.

I vote for option #2. Dallas is a very good player. I don't see Reggie catching a lot of balls either. (Some of course but it seems most are thrown at his feet imo.) Our team is not our team this year . . . I don't want to start cutting right and left on something that has been working before this season.

No you don't but two things on Reggie, first clearly we have to make a choice there as well since he's a free agent but the second and bigger issues with Clark are the injuries that Reggie has not had and Reggie isn't dropping many easy balls like Clark has been this season.

Like I said Clark is my favorite player so I don't want to see him cut but I can understand the arguement for it and I can understand the arguement that hey it's just one year too and not having Manning has killed Dallas this year.

I agree...this is the second year in a row he will likely wind up on IR. I'm not questioning his skill set but rather his durability. Hopefully they learn from the mistakes made with Bob Sanders and can renegotiate Clark's contract. Make it incentive and performance based so we don't lose a crap load of money if he goes down to injury again.

What? Are you serious? Bob came back and was the key factor in our SB play-off run. Then he won DPOY. His big contract was well deserved and a very good bit of business (at the time) by Billy P. There is no pleasing some folk...

What? Are you serious? Bob came back and was the key factor in our SB play-off run. Then he won DPOY. His big contract was well deserved and a very good bit of business (at the time) by Billy P. There is no pleasing some folk...

To the underlined part, I agree. Others blame Polian for such nonsense as injuries, players retiring due to depression, and numerous other things that are far beyond his control and you'd fawn over them like a school girl. I pose one move that I considered a mistake and you throw another tantrum. It's a public forum...lighten up pal. ;)

Still, you clearly missed the point I was trying to make,and in re-reading my post it was my fault for not connecting every dot for you. The post I quoted suggested keeping Clark if his contract was restructured. I agreed with this and that was when I mentioned the mistake of Bob Sanders. The mistake I was referring to was paying him the huge contract, which he would have deserved if he had been able to stay healthy, and keeping him on the roster for 3 full, injury-laden years after his DPOY year. Yes he had a great year in '07, but that was also only the 2nd time he had been able to stay healthy for the majority of the season out of 4 years in the league. There were clearly already injury concerns. Then, he was given the huge contract and followed up by playing in 6 games, then 2 and then only 1 before finally being released. His contract, however, remained the same at least to my knowledge. So again, the mistake I was referring to was keeping him around without restructuring Sanders' contract so that we wouldn't take a huge cap hit if he weren't able to stay healthy. Now if they tried to restructure the deal and he refused, and cutting him would have cost more than keeping him thereby making a restructured contract not possible, then I would admit to being wrong. I don't recall anything of this sort being reported however so my current understanding is that a restructuring with Sanders was never attempted.

Does that make more sense?

To the underlined part, I agree. Others blame Polian for such nonsense as injuries, players retiring due to depression, and numerous other things that are far beyond his control and you'd fawn over them like a school girl. I pose one move that I considered a mistake and you throw another tantrum. It's a public forum...lighten up pal. ;)

Still, you clearly missed the point I was trying to make,and in re-reading my post it was my fault for not connecting every dot for you. The post I quoted suggested keeping Clark if his contract was restructured. I agreed with this and that was when I mentioned the mistake of Bob Sanders. The mistake I was referring to was paying him the huge contract, which he would have deserved if he had been able to stay healthy, and keeping him on the roster for 3 full, injury-laden years after his DPOY year. Yes he had a great year in '07, but that was also only the 2nd time he had been able to stay healthy for the majority of the season out of 4 years in the league. There were clearly already injury concerns. Then, he was given the huge contract and followed up by playing in 6 games, then 2 and then only 1 before finally being released. His contract, however, remained the same at least to my knowledge. So again, the mistake I was referring to was keeping him around without restructuring Sanders' contract so that we wouldn't take a huge cap hit if he weren't able to stay healthy. Now if they tried to restructure the deal and he refused, and cutting him would have cost more than keeping him thereby making a restructured contract not possible, then I would admit to being wrong. I don't recall anything of this sort being reported however so my current understanding is that a restructuring with Sanders was never attempted.

Does that make more sense?

Crystal clear, thanks Jason. Oh, by the way, I totally agree about Bob Sanders. As you are very much aware, I believe Bill P is a buffoon, and should not have any say in this organisation, and I've been saying this for about 5 years on here. I was being sarcastic......and no tantrums whatsoever fella. I'm as cool as Curtis under a heavy pass-rush....