Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clark Reportedly Out For Season

bayone

They also lost Pro Bowl tight end
Dallas Clark for the season
with a left leg injury and another tight end,
Brody Eldridge
, is expected to miss more than a week with a "significant" injury.

In less than 24 months, the Colts have gone from chasing a perfect season to chasing the No. 1 draft pick, from Super Bowl contender to front-runner in the
Andrew Luck
lottery

Over the past three games, the Colts have been outscored, 120-24. In a 31-7 loss Sunday to Atlanta, their once potent offense was completely shut out, managed only 186 total yards and went 25 minutes without picking up a first down.

I HAVE NO IDEA if this is a true report, only seen a few other weeks elsewhere like brody

Read more:

Edited by bayone

Id let clark walk. After his injury last year it seemed like he gave up. We have Tamme and Eldredge (when healthy). Frankly I liked the production of Tamme last year. Clark is becoming a Sanders/Gonzo made of glass and taking up money with no production.

If we get Luck let him go, if Manning is at QB I think we keep him as he is Manning's favorite target and will help him get back in the flow.

Tamme time! Clark hasn't impressed me at all this year anyway.

It was never about Clark. You put him in to block James Harrison and Mario Williams etc. and you don't work the seam routes as often as you do with Peyton. No wonder his production is down.

When it is just Clark that stinks, it is different. But when the whole O is stinking it up, Clark is not the problem, that is obvious.

My concern is, when Clark went on IR last year, that is when double teams in the middle stopped happening for the TE and Collie bore the brunt of the hits. I hope Collie makes it through because no one is double teaming Jacob Tamme. If the playcalling on a 3rd and 10 involves throwing a 3 yard out to Tamme and hoping he is athletic enough to get 7 more yards (LOL), the playcalling is the issue and Tamme or Clark ain't gonna solve it.

Edited by chad72

At this point, do anyone think Clark will be retained after this season? His cap hit is about $7.3M next season.

I dont think there's any real question that Dallas Clark will be here next year.....if Peyton Manning is..

He cant lose any speed . He never had any.

Clark has been asked to block a lot more this year...

He'll be fine when Manning is fine.

I dont think there's any real question that Dallas Clark will be here next year.....if Peyton Manning is..

He cant lose any speed . He never had any.

Clark has been asked to block a lot more this year...

He'll be fine when Manning is fine.

But then - who knows when and if Manning is fine, nobody :(

At this point, do anyone think Clark will be retained after this season? His cap hit is about $7.3M next season.

No way.... Tamme proved to be just as productive last season.

all my fingers and toes are starting to look really awkward from constantly crossing my fingers for Manning to fully recover! :)

the way I'm seeing it...(or hoping to see it) he'll be cleared Dec.1

If he's not...then its january for the next doctor evaluation and we wont see him play OR practice this year....

At that point..we have to consider drafting a QB..

But if Manning is cleared to practice Dec. 1....I would not make any major skill position changes on offense..

People, quit comparing Jacob Tamme to Dallas Clark. Jacob Tamme is strictly a small receiving TE, while Clark is a receiving TE who can also block. Tamme doesn't have the size to be the main guy for a team at TE.

Clarks production is down this year, because:

1. He is being used as a blocker a whole lot more than normal.

2. Peyton Manning isn't the quarterback.

I thought that was obvious, but some colts fans just don't understand logic... Quit bashing our veterans when you have no clue what you are talking about...

People, quit comparing Jacob Tamme to Dallas Clark. Jacob Tamme is strictly a small receiving TE, while Clark is a receiving TE who can also block. Tamme doesn't have the size to be the main guy for a team at TE.

Clarks production is down this year, because:

1. He is being used as a blocker a whole lot more than normal.

2. Peyton Manning isn't the quarterback.

I thought that was obvious, but some colts fans just don't understand logic... Quit bashing our veterans when you have no clue what you are talking about...

I for one isn't questioning his skillset. When Manning is under center Clark is a go-to-guy, but truth is he spent most of last season on IR and now maybe the rest of this season?! Thats not what we're paying him to do.

I'm not saying get rid of Clark, but his contract, along with others on the team need to be re-evaluated. Clark is a good TE but Manning makes him look like a superstar because he is Manning's go to guy. We need to spread some more money around on defense especially in the secondary.

One thing is for sure, Tamme is also on his last year of the rookie contract, like Garcon and Gonzo. So, he will be playing for his next contract, whether it is with the Colts or with someone else.

If Peyton is not coming back, I really doubt Reggie will want to be part of rebuilding. We may franchise Mathis in that case but will most likely let Reggie walk if Peyton is not coming back. Reggie can then join his fellow guys from the U in Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson with the Redskins :).

Only if his contract is restructered (like others should too)

I agree...this is the second year in a row he will likely wind up on IR. I'm not questioning his skill set but rather his durability. Hopefully they learn from the mistakes made with Bob Sanders and can renegotiate Clark's contract. Make it incentive and performance based so we don't lose a crap load of money if he goes down to injury again.

And you proved you don't know what you're watching.

Did he, or did you? In the 10 games Tamme had significant playing time in last year, he had more catches, more yards and only 1 less TD than Clark had in 6 games last year plus 9 games this year combined. No one said Tamme was as good or talented as Clark, simply that he was as productive.

Did he, or did you? In the 10 games Tamme had significant playing time in last year, he had more catches, more yards and only 1 less TD than Clark had in 6 games last year plus 9 games this year combined. No one said Tamme was as good or talented as Clark, simply that he was as productive.

That was in single coverage whereas Clark was constantly drawing double or even triple coverage. He may have been more productive statistically but our offense's overall production dropped significantly after we lost Clark.

Edited by ColtsLegacy

That was in single coverage whereas Clark was constantly drawing double or even triple coverage. He may have been more productive statistically but our offense's overall production dropped significantly after we lost Clark.

Now see, wasn't that a more well thought out, more accurate reply than:

And you proved you don't know what you're watching.

How could Clark have a good season when Painter can't get the ball to him?

Does that mean Wayne and Collie are having bad seasons too?

We should sit Collie and not risk another concussion in a season that does not matter.

Clark can't even catch the balls that do get to him.

Clark is becoming mighty injury prone.

Couldn't we just sign him for a one year deal? I say do that and if he gets hurt AGAIN or flat out doesn't perform we part ways.

That should be our standard contract for every player based on our history of injuries!