Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown Is A Good Player

oldunclemark

He's been some kind of a poster boy for fan unhappiness with the running game.

..but look who's still out there fighting in our darkest hour...

70 yards..16 carries with a patched up line...no passing game for a last place team...

They still dont throw him the ball which I think would be his strength...

But can we finally put to rest how he's no good...?

We have good backs....all 3....Lets keep them all...and work on our other problems..

.....Its time to get down with Brown. :yes:

Brown played well today.

At times I question if the small gains in the running game we've seen this year are simply a product of the game being over and defenses not caring if we want to run the ball.

Either way, Brown did have a good game today.

If we start seeing that week in and week out, who knows, there may be hope for him yet.

70 yards..16 carries with a patched up line...no passing game for a last place team...

We have good backs....all 3....Lets keep them all...and work on our other problems..

Sorry but good backs don't drop easy balls on third and short to stop a drive. And you wonder why they don't throw him the ball.... come on man!!!!!

Brown is not bad, but Addai is the best, and Carter is better imo.

Carter might be a better runner after contact and better when it comes to power running, but he definitely is behind in pass blocking compared to brown and addai. Not for sure if he's going to be the #1 back in the future, but him and brown together are a nice change in pace. Carter and Addai also don't hit the hole as fast as brown as.

Edited by Blackhawk4

I think he has a 3-year rookie deal...but it could be 4

If 3 years is the case, then the Colts won't give him a bigger payday, therfore releasing him. They signed Delone Carter for a reason, to take over as the backup.

Carter might be a better runner after contact and better when it comes to power running, but he definitely is behind in pass blocking compared to brown and addai. Not for sure if he's going to be the #1 back in the future, but him and brown together are a nice change in pace. Carter and Addai also don't hit the hole as fast as brown as.

I'm glad Brown had a good game, he's clearly our fastest back and he still has a chance to make it in this league. But I don't think any running back on any team is behind Donald Brown in pass blocking at this point. He hasn't been riding the pine because he can't run the ball, he's been a consistent liability in pass protection since he came into the league.

One play...

He played 4 quarters

Its was the the biggest play he needed to make and he didn't.. That the story with this team no one is stepping up and making plays. who cares if ran the ball good today!!!! We needed him to make a simple catch on third and three and he didn't get the job done.. Thats the bottom line......

I'm glad Brown had a good game, he's clearly our fastest back and he still has a chance to make it in this league. But I don't think any running back on any team is behind Donald Brown in pass blocking at this point. He hasn't been riding the pine because he can't run the ball, he's been a consistent liability in pass protection since he came into the league.

Addai is faster than Brown...4.37 in the combine speaks for itself.

Today wasn't a surprise to that he ran good. Ryan Diem and Anthony Castonzo were back and ready to go. That boosted our lines protection by 50%, however I'm still dissappointed we lost the game. Donald need to start the game even if Addai is healthy. Addai needs to be in on 2nd or 3rd downs if the run isn't working that day. Delone Carter need to finish games out. Donald is a great runner, he just needs to touches. Same about Jerry Hughes needing to see more of the field. Jerry played well when he was in the game. I have to clue why the Colts aren't trying new things out. It couldn't hurt anything at this point.

Today wasn't a surprise to that he ran good. Ryan Diem and Anthony Castonzo were back and ready to go. That boosted our lines protection by 50%, however I'm still dissappointed we lost the game. Donald need to start the game even if Addai is healthy. Addai needs to be in on 2nd or 3rd downs if the run isn't working that day. Delone Carter need to finish games out. Donald is a great runner, he just needs to touches. Same about Jerry Hughes needing to see more of the field. Jerry played well when he was in the game. I have to clue why the Colts aren't trying new things out. It couldn't hurt anything at this point.

That's a great point .....cc

Lets rotate Hughes in there now that we're out of everything and see what he can do in extended play...

...It wont kill Mathis or Freeney to sit out a quarter..when we're 0-9

They all have nagging injuries by this point in the year..

If he's bad.he's bad...but against Jax..lets see..

Then you must not have looked at his pass blocking this year at all, because compared to when last year he's definitely improved.

this is amazing, people on this forum are not bashing donald brown. He has played better and addai is made of glass . I would rather have delone and donald as 1-2 in the future rather than addai. Brown has become a good blocker and is more explosive than addai so why is addai needed , that was the only reason they resigned him. And why does nobody say Addai was a bust for a first round draft pick, for a first rounder i expect 1000 yards rushing every year, he has done it twice. I know the oline has been bad and they havent run the ball much in the past. But Donald is running better with this pathed up oline right now and he still didnt get that many carries. Donald had 16 today, When they use to barely run the ball Addai would get about 15 a game.

this is amazing, people on this forum are not bashing donald brown. He has played better and addai is made of glass . I would rather have delone and donald as 1-2 in the future rather than addai. Brown has become a good blocker and is more explosive than addai so why is addai needed , that was the only reason they resigned him. And why does nobody say Addai was a bust for a first round draft pick, for a first rounder i expect 1000 yards rushing every year, he has done it twice. I know the oline has been bad and they havent run the ball much in the past. But Donald is running better with this pathed up oline right now and he still didnt get that many carries. Donald had 16 today, When they use to barely run the ball Addai would get about 15 a game.

ridge..

people on this forum have been bashing Donald Brown 24-7...

but he's changing minds and winning hearts :number1:

Addai is faster than Brown...4.37 in the combine speaks for itself.

Ha ha ha ha. It's been a long time than Addai has ran faster than Brown my friend, and don't get me wrong, I like both players, but Brown's faster. The combine? Really? Put them in a foot race right now, please.

Well maybe it's time to play to his strengths and stop throwing the ball 50 times a game.

This.

Why are we not developing our running game this year? We know when Peyton comes back the passing game will be back to form...but for the love of god why we are letting a terrible backup QB throw the ball 40-50 times a game? Develop the run game NOW so when Peyton comes back it will only be better. Another example of our inept coaching staff not having a freakin clue...

Donald has been fighting hard. I'm pleasantly surprised and happy for him.

One of the bright spots this year is that we are running the ball a little better, it was actually nice to see Donald have a good game. Hope he keeps it up and proves me wrong because I really think/thought he wasnt that good but his pass protection is getting better and he is hitting the holes a lot harder it seems.

This.

Why are we not developing our running game this year? We know when Peyton comes back the passing game will be back to form...but for the love of god why we are letting a terrible backup QB throw the ball 40-50 times a game? Develop the run game NOW so when Peyton comes back it will only be better. Another example of our inept coaching staff not having a freakin clue...

or are the colts purposely tanking!? some questions remain unanswered

Ha ha ha ha. It's been a long time than Addai has ran faster than Brown my friend, and don't get me wrong, I like both players, but Brown's faster. The combine? Really? Put them in a foot race right now, please.

I'll give you 2 recent situations where they were forced to run straight and Addai was clearly faster... Look:

Joseph Addai

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8154b796/Joseph-Addai-21-yard-TD-run

Donald Brown

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d0527e/Brown-43-yd-TD-run

Addai just seems slower because he never gets an oppurunity to really take off... We've seen Brown and he's not that quick. BTW, combine time does matter. Addai = 4.37 and Brown = 4.52, Brown didn't get that much faster and Addai much slower...Addai is faster

This.

Because when you're down 21+ every single game you have no choice but to throw to try and catch up. It isn't rocket science. Opposing team with a big lead = Forced to throw alot more than run, because they're trying to catch up.

Ehhh Andy, I watched your videos... and didn't notice at all what you are talking about. Addai had a straight shot into the endzone with 0 defenders near him. The only guy he had to avoid was one of his own blockers. Brown ran, total, about 3 times the distance, he could not just plow downfield, but had to shape his route based on defenders. Combine numbers do not matter in the NFL, they are just nice when evaluating talent.

Addai may have a faster 40 yard dash, but Brown definitely plays with more quickness, and hits the holes harder than Addai. Addai is a more patient back and will wait for holes (hence his dancing style) But if you are talking about who plays with more speed, I think the logical answer is Brown