Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Else Do You Want To Pursue?

bavanlan

Considering Nicks was signed, I'm all in for Mack being the last FA we go after. Pony up the cash for mack and restructure down the line. Then we draft FS/SS/CB/OL and depth. Mack is the ticket. Combo of Mack, Thornton, Cherilus, Holmes, Thomas, Costa, Costonzo ect.. any way they line up will give us a formidable line.

Chris Clemons (Safety)

Travelle Wharton (Guard)

Brian De La Puente (Center)

Any combination of these 3 guys.

That's a good combination.  It addresses S and our interior line issues.  Granted, DeLa Puente is no Mack but he's much better than what we have and would be affordable. 

I think I'm in the 'Mack or Bust' group at this point.

I'd take some players on a one-year deal like Nicks if they came up or if they were willing to sign below market value, but there's really no one left out there that I'd take at market value.

Is Mack noticeably better than Saturday was in his prime years? Of course it sure would be Great to be Stout at that position.

When all these Yokells are clamoring for all these Former Undrafted Free Agents to be signed as the ANSWER, well, $8M per for a Center, he better be a Hall of Famer.

A healthy Wilfork would be a very helpful add. IF they don`t see Montori as the guy.

I don`t see Grigson dumping Toler this season. We Were getting Coverage sacks with him in the lineup. So i move on about that starting position.

Sergio talked like a guy who believes he can start. Howell looks close. Coach P KNOWS this area so i`ll let him Fix it.

I`m not impressed by Chris Clemons. Lots of experience yada yada, but his weaknesses bring his value down to guys with higher upsides.

We need to find/draft/develope replacements for Landry (whose contract puts him here for 2 more years) and Toler (a good chance he is gone after next season -CAP). And we need to f/d/ develope another Guard.

Our Experts are Definitely - On the Job!

How do ya Like the Monster Build Now?? I give it a 1st time I saw the Grand Canyon ______ WOW!!!

Why would they go after Mack when they signed Costa as our center? Mack is out of the running

Costa is no way a starting center. He's depth for Center and Right guard. If we seriously keep 10-15mil+ and don't address a better center and probabaly right guard then it will be another year of TRich getting blasted on the line and Luck getting hit again.

I think BDLP or Wendell would be horrible additions. We don't need another average (or slightly above) center, even if he is young. Holmes was already drafted to be our center of the future, and he has all of the tools to be better than either of them. If we absolutely have to get another center, I'd want Mack (because he IS the best center in the league) or Goowdin.

All the complaints about Goodwin being too old are extremely short-sighted. We don't need him for 10 years; we just need him for one or two, until Holmes is ready to step up. Goodwin is better than BDLP (don't bother trying to change my mind on this, I already believe it), and Wendell is out of the question (read "worse than Satele"). If we cannot get Mack, Goodwin can teach Holmes how to be a great pro.

In my eyes, it's Mack or Goodwin. Anyone agree?

Is Mack noticeably better than Saturday was in his prime years? Of course it sure would be Great to be Stout at that position.

When all these Yokells are clamoring for all these Former Undrafted Free Agents to be signed as the ANSWER, well, $8M per for a Center, he better be a Hall of Famer.

Mack is better than Saturday was in his prime (I know this is blasphemy, but hear me out). Saturday was great because of his capacity to understand the defenses and call up the best protection. He was also a great pass protector. In the run game, he was just ok (but he had his moments). He was always great, but he wasn't ever the absolute best. He benefited from his QB play.

Mack excels at pass protection AND run blocking. The guy is a monster on the line. He is also smart enough that, when paired with Luck, they would be able to quickly analyze opposing defenses. Mack has better physical tools than Saturday had, and it shows at times. Give him a QB like Luck, and he will terrorize the line of scrimmage.

Goodwin would be adequate for a year or two until Holmes is ready or we find another long term solution. Also would be more affordable than Mack as 10 mil plus per year is too much to invest in a Center.

Wilfork to fill NT and signifcantly bolster the run defense.

Decoud for safety and also draft one with 2nd or 3rd pick.

Then sign Walter Thurman (LOB) to bolster our secondary and add more physicality.

I think the Colts should still have enough cap room to bring these guys in if they so desire. We still have too many areas to solidify to drop 10 mil on one center even if he is one of the best.

Mack is better than Saturday was in his prime (I know this is blasphemy, but hear me out). Saturday was great because of his capacity to understand the defenses and call up the best protection. He was also a great pass protector. In the run game, he was just ok (but he had his moments). He was always great, but he wasn't ever the absolute best. He benefited from his QB play.

Mack excels at pass protection AND run blocking. The guy is a monster on the line. He is also smart enough that, when paired with Luck, they would be able to quickly analyze opposing defenses. Mack has better physical tools than Saturday had, and it shows at times. Give him a QB like Luck, and he will terrorize the line of scrimmage.

Agree with your assessment of Saturday. One of my favorite to watch pass blocking players EVER.

Check out Macks sacks hits and hurries totals for last season. He was one of the Worst in the League. Wow!

Numbers can lie of course, a QB hanging on to the ball hurts everyone.

Costa is no way a starting center. He's depth for Center and Right guard. If we seriously keep 10-15mil+ and don't address a better center and probabaly right guard then it will be another year of TRich getting blasted on the line and Luck getting hit again.

Not really true. We already have a better o-line than last year. I agree a center is needed but with Thomas coming back and Thornton improved we should be much better at guard. We have Lance Louis too who started for Chicago for a couple years.

Will Montgomery

Trevelle  Wharton

Vince Wilfork (If Released)

Anthony Spencer

Antonio Cromartie or Jabari Greer

Note; Any of these guys would be short term deals.

Draft Jimmy Ward in the 2nd, and our 3rd would depend on who we did or didn't sign out of the above list.

Not really true. We already have a better o-line than last year. I agree a center is needed but with Thomas coming back and Thornton improved we should be much better at guard. We have Lance Louis too who started for Chicago for a couple years.

staring for chi towns oline isn't exactly somthing I would put on my resume

Our center play last year was horrible.  Bethea's was average.

Holmes/Costa and Howell/Lynch are really not that much of a drop off from what we had last year, and may even be an improvement.

If Mack is as good as everyone says he is, then he is worth a multi-year contract.

No one else in FA is really much better than what we have now at those positions, so I would not offer them anything other than a one-year deal. 

I would be inclined to draft REAL upgrades to those positions in May.

If we don't sign Mack i don't think we should sign anyone else, save the rest for next year. Castonzo will be a free agent and if Roger Saffold can get a 7 mil a year, then Castonzo market value will be about 9 mil a year. Darius Butler will also be a free agent will have to re-sign him as well. If Nicks has a break out season he'll be looking to get paid 8+ mill so will need to save all the money we can.

I'm not as high on Mack as everyone else, but I could be wrong.  Decoud or Clemons at (S), or DRC (not his cousin Cromartie) at (CB).  Not sure that we have to spend all our cap immediately, because you never know what's going to happen early summer.

I'm not as high on Mack as everyone else, but I could be wrong.  Decoud or Clemons at (S), or DRC (not his cousin Cromartie) at (CB).  Not sure that we have to spend all our cap immediately, because you never know what's going to happen early summer.

DRC signed with the Giants.