Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Not Add Revis

MFT5

I know we don't have much to give up as far as draft picks are concerned but why not give up any combination of our picks from a 2nd on back.

It's pretty well known that with some restructuring of his contract, Revis' 16m cap hit can go down to 5 and some change.

A player with his impact on defense is important in this day and age not to mention Vontae arguably the better athlete of the two would be learning from Revis and that can only spell Shutdown.

I've seen time and time again draft picks being treated like gold and they great to an extent but never are you gonna find someone the calibur of Revis where we plan on picking if this monster gets built ... What's really to much ???

In case you haven't heard, we re-signed Vonte Davis.     $9.75 Mill per year.

And with the signing bonus Revis would want,  even a low salary would still be a big cap hit.    These days you can't afford too much money into your two corners...   or three corners....   or four corners...

So,  Revis is now pretty much priced out of our market.

I know we don't have much to give up as far as draft picks are concerned but why not give up any combination of our picks from a 2nd on back.

It's pretty well known that with some restructuring of his contract, Revis' 16m cap hit can go down to 5 and some change.

A player with his impact on defense is important in this day and age not to mention Vontae arguably the better athlete of the two would be learning from Revis and that can only spell Shutdown.

I've seen time and time again draft picks being treated like gold and they great to an extent but never are you gonna find someone the calibur of Revis where we plan on picking if this monster gets built ... What's really to much ???

he is getting ready to be cut, why trade for him

I don't know if y'all know but it's to my understanding if you deal for him you can restructure his current contract and the cap hip becomes roughly 5m ... That's my reasoning for wanting to trade for him

If we hadn't re-signed Vontae it COULD have been something we looked at...but there are teams with more money that would be appealing to him. I still think Cleveland will be where he ends up because of his Jet connections and they have money they seem willing to burn. Now that Vontae is back....Revis isn't coming here...he will still get north of 10 million a year easy.

I don't know if y'all know but it's to my understanding if you deal for him you can restructure his current contract and the cap hip becomes roughly 5m ... That's my reasoning for wanting to trade for him

he won't restructure, he would rather be cut and choose his next team

I thought I had read something along those lines, but Revis didn't want to restructure.

Not only does he not want to restructure, he's going to pitch a fit every time he's not the absolute highest paid cornerback in the NFL.

I can understand your disagreeing of the thought of bringing him in but to be that aggressive about it is a little weird but w/e.

You must of vacayed on Revis Island and got sun burned idk

A bit off the subject, but don't underestimate the effect not having a good pass rush has on our secondary.  If I had a choice between the two, I would take DaMarcus Ware over Revis.  Why?  Because Mathis and Ware and Werner would put some much heat on the QB it would make it much easier for our guys to cover.  On the flipside, you put Revis back there with our current pass rush, good luck!  He won't look good!

I can understand your disagreeing of the thought of bringing him in but to be that aggressive about it is a little weird but w/e.

You must of vacayed on Revis Island and got sun burned idk

Sorry if that came across as aggressive.  Wasn't meant to be.

But to that point, look at his history and it's pretty much true.  Every year there's a good chance he'll hold out if he's not the top paid corner in the league.  The contract he wants is bad enough, but when you take into account that fact that he's just going to demand more money every year...

Nah, I'll pass.

Hmm, trade a 2nd round pick today for a player who will be cheaper and cost no picks tomorrow

I said a combination meaning whatever it takes weather that's a 2nd and 7th or 4th and 5th and trading guarantees we get him instead of waiting for him to choose

I said a combination meaning whatever it takes weather that's a 2nd and 7th or 4th and 5th and trading guarantees we get him instead of waiting for him to choose

i guess you didn't see the part where he said he isn't willing to restructure. Not only that, the Colts just lockeup Davis. Revis isn't coming to Indy

i guess you didn't see the part where he said he isn't willing to restructure. Not only that, the Colts just lockeup Davis. Revis isn't coming to Indy

Yeah I never really believed he'd come to Indy but I want to disprove the end all be all that draft picks are gold when good players are always dangled for them ...

... and the thought of a Revis, Davis, Toler, butler CB crew seems badass

Well, after tomorrow he won't have a choice. As none of his contract is guaranteed, he'll be a free agent with no income, and no one is going to give him a new contract for $16mil.

Revis tends to demand you re-work his deal every year and is very quick to pull the hold out card and seems to care about how much money Revis can make Revis every year and hey more power to him because teams do it. 

At least with Davis you know exactly what you are getting and he already knows your system and that he's not going to come to you in a year and say hey I want to re-work my deal or I'll hold out. 

Revis wants to play for a contender. He hasn't slowed down. Was the better part of Bucs defense, but with changes at the staff the move to cut him makes sense. Their trying to rebuild. Now if target any corner it better be a move to get Stanley Jean Baptist.