Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri to hit FA market

MTC

I really hoped (and still do)  that he would stay.   He had a really good year, and helped win several games for us.

He's one of my favorite players on the team.    And for those thinking we need young blood,   some of the best and most accurate kickers have been some of the oldest players in the NFL.   Just some  "food for thought"

I say let Adam go, let Boomstick handle the field goals and draft Pat O'Donnell late in the draft. Three time all conference, 6'4" 220, 23 reps on the bench and ran a 4.6 in the forty. Can handle the kickoffs, so Pat doesn't wear out.

I have a feeling this could be a product of talks with Davis getting most of Grigson's attention right now. I have a feeling they would like Adam back but have a very set figure for it and if Adam doesn't like that number they will let him see what he can get else where.

If they let him go and draft a kicker I might just pop, We have far greater needs then a freakin kicker, sign him to a 3 year deal with 4-5 mill per with 7 mill guaranteed and be done with it

Five million a year and I'll pop.